Should I buy Ikaruga?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by DriftRS (3491 posts) -

I do really like scrolling shooters, and it is by Treasure...

There seem to be 2 or 3 copies left in a local store near me, which is suprising, cause it's no where else, I figured with what I assume is a limited run, low publicity, and being an old game it wouldn't be around any more but there ya go. However, they still insist on charging $80-$100 for it here in aus

#2 Posted by Zagrius (3820 posts) -

In a word, YES!

In two words, HELL YES!

Heck, your current level is Radiant Silvergun, you owe it to yourself to get that game.

#3 Posted by sqrabbit (72 posts) -

Isn't Ikaruga being re-released on XBLA this year? If so I'd wait for that and save yourself some money.

#4 Posted by Zagrius (3820 posts) -
Sure, it doesn't really matter which platform. But the game is worth getting.
#5 Posted by icarus212001 (2744 posts) -

hell yeah! its one of my top 5 gamecube games ever! and my favorite shooter of all time! the shooting is fast and frenetic, and the dark/light aspectic adds a ton of stragety and timing to the otherwise large scale fights! plus the soundtrack is catchy as hell!

#6 Posted by yentar480 (5066 posts) -
don't think about it, just do it....this game is fricken awesome. I would definitely buy it because it's nice to have a hardcopy of the game.
#7 Posted by CJL182 (9233 posts) -
If you're a game collector, BUY IT. If you just want to play it, then wait for the XBL version.
#8 Posted by Cerussite (3084 posts) -
You should be ashamed of yourself, not having owned Ikaruga yet.
#9 Posted by Panzer_Zwei (15498 posts) -

The game is not worth that price tag IMO.

You can get far better SHMUPS out there for that price.

Ikaruga was a massive letdown from Radiant Silvergun. And it has a boring rigid structure that rewards more memorization than skill.

#10 Posted by Bgrngod (5766 posts) -

Buy the GC version if you are a collector or don't have an Xbox360. When it lands on arcade for super cheap (compared to the GC version) you may be kicking yourself later on.

It's a pretty sweet game. Especially with two players.

#11 Posted by krunkfu2 (4218 posts) -

it has a boring rigid structure that rewards more memorization than skill.

Panzer_Zwei

that is kinda true, it's a good game though. wait for the XBLA version if you have a 360 otherwise just buy it and knw you'll be gettin' your ass kicked.

#12 Posted by loopy_101 (28044 posts) -
I think everyones best off getting it for Xbox Live now. Although, I plan to buy it for DC.
#13 Posted by krunkfu2 (4218 posts) -

I think everyones best off getting it for Xbox Live now. Although, I plan to buy it for DC.loopy_101

You should, I got it for Dreamcast not too long ago. You need a boot disc or a NTSC-J Dreeamcast but it's good to have the original.

#14 Posted by HillyBilly (31451 posts) -
If its at a fair price, I'd say go for it.
#15 Posted by DeafNYCPlayer (2309 posts) -
Yes, and go for it!!!