Should everyone level up evenly?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AntJR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AntJR
Member since 2012 • 56 Posts

In games that use level-up system with team members and/or beings that become your allies(like Pokemon and Shin Megami Tensei for example), do you think that all members should always be at the same level and level up at or close to the same time as everyone else? or should they all be at individual levels and get stronger at thier own pace?

My opinion is they should always grow evenly, and possibly even join your at the same level as you or the majority. Especially if you have more team members in the game than your allowed to bring with you in battle, all inactive members should gain the same amount of exp as the ones active, so if you have a change of heart or need to switch to them because of thier stats or elements, you can do it without worrying about them surviving :)

An idea I had at one point was a game where the whole team links themselves together so they all default to the level of the main character and grow at the same rate(their stats and element weaknesses/strengths are still the same though) and each person can send thier exp to inactive members, like telepahtic twins! :)

Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Lulekani
Member since 2012 • 2318 Posts
Im assuming quick reflexs and skills arent all that important to ya.
AntJR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 AntJR
Member since 2012 • 56 Posts

Im assuming quick reflexs and skills arent all that important to ya.Lulekani

They are, you can still have both those things without being underleveled from the rest of your team.

MudoSkills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MudoSkills
Member since 2012 • 362 Posts
In a game like Disgaea, where you can have a massive character roster, choosing who to level and how much adds a massive amount of depth to it. In a game like that, shared experience would take a significant part of the game away.
Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Lulekani
Member since 2012 • 2318 Posts

[QUOTE="Lulekani"]Im assuming quick reflexs and skills arent all that important to ya.AntJR

They are, you can still have both those things without being underleveled from the rest of your team.

You can have a mixture of both but not the best of both. I got pretty sweet reflexes and use'em to dispatch as many demons as possible in Devil May Cry.
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#6 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

Prefer levelling up individually.

luke1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 luke1889
Member since 2004 • 14617 Posts
Whenever I play RPGs, I always try my best to level up characters evenly. They all have their own strengths, so I try to keep all my bases covered.
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 43988 Posts
There's no reason for this to be either/or as it depends on the game and the developer's intentions. There's plenty of room for a whole variety of character leveling options.