Should Bioware Return to the KOTOR series?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

With the new star wars movies coming I think this will be our best chance at seeing a new KOTOR. Battlefront 3 is on the way but I'm worried about how much of the content is going to get butchered up for DLC and microtransactions. Given EA and their business practices who knows. Anyone else hoping for a new KOTOR?

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19592 Posts

Return?

They're still making content for The Old Republic, if I'm not mistaken. I doubt we'll see a sequel until that dies out.

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

Not with the current Bioware.

RichieTickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 RichieTickles
Member since 2014 • 424 Posts

^ This.

Not only Bioware, but the entire franchise of Star Wars is teetering on the brink of some very bad, not nice things happening. It's not the same Bioware of 10 years ago, same with the SW franchise.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22413 Posts

I'd love to see a new KOTOR-style SW game from Bioware... I loved the first game.

MuD3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MuD3
Member since 2011 • 2192 Posts

I will always hope for more kotor... swtor kind of dashed my hopes of ever seeing more outside of it however.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17689 Posts

@wiouds said:

Not with the current Bioware.

dunesw64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dunesw64
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

They already did with Old Republic. It didn't turn out too well.

Fire_Wa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 Fire_Wa11
Member since 2008 • 600 Posts

There will be a Kotor 3. Why? Money.

Money is used to buy food. Every single person at Bioware and EA likes food. Thus, there will be a Kotor 3.

It's all based on the well-known business model shown below:

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44486 Posts

While I'd love to see them return to the Star Wars franchise I wouldn't want to see it come at the expense of what they are doing currently because I am really enjoying that right now. I'm very much looking forward to Mass Effect 4 plus I'd also love to see them return to Jade Empire.

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 wiouds

@Archangel3371 said:

While I'd love to see them return to the Star Wars franchise I wouldn't want to see it come at the expense of what they are doing currently because I am really enjoying that right now. I'm very much looking forward to Mass Effect 4 plus I'd also love to see them return to Jade Empire.

After playing DA:I, I am planing on skipping ME4. The game play from ME2 and 3 does little to counter that.

Overall I can say I do not care about how Bioware is making their games at this time.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Archangel3371

@wiouds said:

@Archangel3371 said:

After playing DA:I, I am planing on skipping ME4. The game play from ME2 and 3 does little to counter that.

Overall I can say I do not care about how Bioware is making their games at this time.

Well that's up to you but personally I think Dragon Age: Inquisition was fantastic as was Mass Effect 2 and 3. Bioware are currently one of my favourite developers.

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 wiouds

@Archangel3371 said:

@wiouds said:

@Archangel3371 said:

Well that's up to you but personally I think Dragon Age: Inquisition was fantastic as was Mass Effect 2 and 3. Bioware are currently one of my favourite developers.

I do not like their story telling method.

Their leveling up system are some of the worse out there and hurts their games so much. I play RPG because I find the stats and the like fun and Bioware has been removing it which reduce the amount of role playing I can do in them.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Archangel3371

@wiouds said:

@Archangel3371 said:

@wiouds said:

@Archangel3371 said:

I do not like their story telling method.

Their leveling up system are some of the worse out there and hurts their games so much. I play RPG because I find the stats and the like fun and Bioware has been removing it which reduce the amount of role playing I can do in them.

Well that's your opinion. I enjoy their story-telling very much. I enjoy stats as well but I also enjoy games that are less stat focused as well so it's not an either/or aspect for me, I think they can both be good.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

No.

The Old Republic was a joke and Obsidian made a better KotOR with The Sith Lords.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7348 Posts

Obsidian should make it. That is, assuming EA is willing to give them the time to finish it.

Doozie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By Doozie78
Member since 2014 • 1123 Posts

Ew, no. Like Judas said, give it to Obsidian and keep EA way the **** away from them.

waffleboy22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#18 waffleboy22
Member since 2013 • 305 Posts

I'd definitely like to see it come back, and I 'm sure that it would be a financial success, but Bioware are currently at work on a new IP and Mass Effect 4, so were unlikely to see it soon, though there is a possibility of the series returning down the line