luckbox72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 luckbox72
Member since 2016 • 7 Posts

I had a set of x01 armor, comp,eye set. I left it at red rocket attune power armor station. When I cam back a settler was at the station working on the armor. It is now missing both legs. I have tried totrade with all the settlers, but I cannot find the legs. I know settlers will get in the armor if you leave FC in them but I never do that. I did not know a settler would just start workin on armor at a power station and did not think they would dismantle the armor. Is there any way to get the legs back or are they gone.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

@luckbox72: I keep 7 sets of armor at that island base thing you start at where your old home was. Literally never have I seen a single person work on them. Or even get in them unless I tell them to.

Samslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#3  Edited By Samslayer
Member since 2005 • 1852 Posts

Weird, I have two sets of Power Armor at the Red Rocket with a couple settlers, I have never noticed them working on the PA. In fact, throughout all my settlements, I have never seen a community member touching the Power Armor stuff.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20323 Posts

I guess this is why you don't park your power armor in bad neighborhoods...

I can't say I've ever had this happen, although I've seen people on the forums complain about settlers straight up jacking the power armor if the settlement gets attacked.

-Byshop

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ribstaylor1

@Byshop: In which case you can tell them to get out of it without issue.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Byshop  Moderator

@ribstaylor1 said:

@Byshop: In which case you can tell them to get out of it without issue.

Really? Good to know. I've never personally had it happen and the only way I knew for sure of being able to get someone out of power armor is to pickpocket out the fusion core.

-Byshop

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ribstaylor1

@Byshop: You just need to use the build mode, and click them and tell them to do something else I believe like pick crops or sit watch out at guard posts. The game does a horrible job of explaining anything in the build mode, so I had to figure this out by trial and error when I was telling my settlers too suit up for a fight.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Byshop  Moderator

@ribstaylor1 said:

@Byshop: You just need to use the build mode, and click them and tell them to do something else I believe like pick crops or sit watch out at guard posts. The game does a horrible job of explaining anything in the build mode, so I had to figure this out by trial and error when I was telling my settlers too suit up for a fight.

Lol, that sounds more like a workaround for a problem in the game than a planned solution but at least it works. Probably my biggest gripe about the game is the lack of tutorial or documentation around the build mode, especially when it comes to doing any sort of complex wiring with generators.

-Byshop

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ribstaylor1

No I think it's just the built in system. You treat people like you do objects in the build mode. Click them to tell them what to do then run around and find what you want them to do and click that thing to make ti official. It's just a badly designed system that's never explained properly through a tutorial. Better example. Treat them like the power wires. You have to complete the connection to have them do anything.