Server questions for fallout 76

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tpz4sheezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tpz4sheezy
Member since 2017 • 76 Posts

First of all, I am not too thrilled with fallout 76.I would of been just fine if they did more of the same ...maybe combined the new engine of fallout 4 with the dark vibe of fallout 3 and the rpg elements of new vegas and older fallout games. Now with the new game being online I have a question. Will you be in the same server at all times with the same people? I could almost see the game working if every time I came into the game I was playing with the same people and maybe have the world change based on the choices of the group of players in the game. For instance, I know The game has a building mechanic to it. MYbe have the game actually show all the buildings thAt the other players have built even after they turn the game off or you sign off. I think this strategy would make people way more likely to invest their time into making some pretty cool settlements. I know there are chances that you will be in a server with people you absolutely Hate and therefore you should be able to switch but if i you do switch you must start all over and they will put you in a server with people with the same level as you.

Is this idea even remotely possible and if so why don't game designers do it? What do you guys think? Would fallout 76 be better if it was like this?

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#2 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

I don't see how that would work well since it's very unlikely you and a couple dozen other people will be online at the same time after your initial game session. How Fallout 76 is supposed to work (as far as I know) is that you'll jump into a different server each time with different people. Your base or settlement or whatever will be there. I think the game moves it or just puts you in a different server if it happens to be in the exact spot as someone else's.

In any case, it's disappointing that this is not only an online-only game, but it's one where players can kill each other. If it was entirely co-op focused instead, that'd be much less worse. As a big Fallout fan, I still want to give it a chance. But knowing Bethesda, the game will almost certainly be a broken mess at launch and take several updates to be reasonably playable. Hopefully private servers become a thing sooner than later so I can try playing it peace without constantly worrying about some assholes trying to kill me.