Seriously lackin in ALL FPS

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Engeldrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Engeldrum
Member since 2005 • 29 Posts

Realism in the reloading process.

Never have a seen a game where the ammunition is based on the ammount of clips u have. In most games with any gun.. you finish killing a guy.. have 23 rounds in the clip, and when u reload u have the same ammmount in that clip. Meaning u most have manually put the spare bullets into the next clip..

How about a WWII game for instancewhere you start with 9 clips.. and when u reload u lose that clip and the left over bullets.. since ur really just dropping the clip on theground.This is seriously preventing the realism in EVERY fps shooter I have ever played.

If u know one that has this realism.. plz tell mm

KhanhAgE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 KhanhAgE
Member since 2004 • 1345 Posts

I think it was either MOH:AA or CoD, one of rifle wouldn't allow you to reload (i.e. put in a fresh clip) unless you emptied your current clip.

But it only applied to one gun though. Anyway it actually is possible to manually put more bullets into a clip (in real life that is), but it ain't quickly done. So it would be annoying to watch your character put in each bullet, each time you you decide to reload when the clip is half empty. Not to mention the pain in the a** it would be during a gun fight, if you accidentally hit reload on a 25 round clip when you still had 10 rounds left and have to painfully watch him manually put back 15 rounds into the clip. All the while the enemies are putting rounds after rounds into you, just at a much faster pace.

Realism is good.....to an extent. Cause you might as well complain about how your character (in FPS) can run on ends without ever needing to stop and rest.

Engeldrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Engeldrum
It was Call of Duty with the M1 Garand.. But its not that they need to add that u cant reload unless its empty.. but if u reload u dont get the empty bullets back
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19591 Posts
Didn't Battlefield 1942 have this? If not...hmm...I know games have this feature, but I can't think of anything specific atm.
Engeldrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Engeldrum
lol but do u at least see what I am talkign about?
The_Duke_Lives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 The_Duke_Lives
Member since 2007 • 597 Posts
I'm pretty sure the Rainbow 6 and Ghost Recon games do that.
Engeldrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Engeldrum
lol but do u at least see what I am talkign about?
Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Funkyhamster
Member since 2005 • 17366 Posts

[QUOTE="KhanhAgE"]I think it was either MOH:AA or CoD, one of rifle wouldn't allow you to reload (i.e. put in a fresh clip) unless you emptied your current clip.hummer700

I know for a fact that Call of Duty did that with the M1 grand.

MOHAA did that with the M1 Garand too... but aside from that, I know BF2 makes you waste all your leftover bullets.

The_Baymonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10 The_Baymonster
Member since 2006 • 256 Posts
I know what you are talking about, and I don't think any of the above mentioned games do that, though I could be wrong. I think the only game I know of that has ever done that is Winback... I think... maybe..:|
Cycloptis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 Cycloptis
Member since 2004 • 18249 Posts
SWAT 4 does this.
Engeldrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Engeldrum
Do u think all future games that attempt to be realitic should include this?
viberooni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#13 viberooni
Member since 2003 • 1396 Posts
I get what you're saying but would that level of realism really enhance the gameplay in any way? I would not, for instance, want my character to fall to the ground after getting shot in the leg and crawl around for the remainder of the game. Realistic, but not very fun.
Stinger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Stinger78
Member since 2003 • 5846 Posts
If you truly want realism in a First-Person Shooter game, then your game is over after you die a single time. You, then, can not replay that game, since you died.
KorJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 KorJax
Member since 2004 • 2564 Posts

Try playing more Tom Clancy games and realism-focused PC games (as they dont really exsist on consoles) like Americas Army (which is free), Red Orchistra (cheap WWII shooter, decently popular cause its the most realistic WWII multiplayer shooter on the market), Insurgency (mod for HL2 comes out this month)... ect

They are definatly out there, but mostly on PC from what I noticed, as "console folK" tend to only like quick action... which means apart from Tom Clancy (even that is streched), realism is not an important factor in most FPS console games.

Acenso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Acenso
Member since 2006 • 2355 Posts
Never played Socom I see
The_Baymonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17 The_Baymonster
Member since 2006 • 256 Posts

If you truly want realism in a First-Person Shooter game, then your game is over after you die a single time. You, then, can not replay that game, since you died.Stinger78

Lik oMg r u 4 teh serial?

Avatar image for AtomicTangerine
AtomicTangerine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 AtomicTangerine
Member since 2005 • 4413 Posts

Didn't Battlefield 1942 have this? If not...hmm...I know games have this feature, but I can't think of anything specific atm.Planeforger

Yep, it totally did. Mafia also had this feature, and reloading took a while in that game so when to reload became very important. It works for some games, but not others. If you really want to make an FPS realistic, you could have the gun jam often, but that would also be totally lame.

TicTac8745

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 TicTac8745
Member since 2007 • 3902 Posts

SWAT 4 does this.Cycloptis

Yep, SWAT4 doesn't do that auto refill reloading, I remebered when I was playing SWAT4, I always had 2-3 magazine with only 2-3 bullets left during multiplayer, must be because of the habit of reloading after killing someone.

nopalversion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 nopalversion
Member since 2005 • 4757 Posts

Having actually USED the M1, it is extremely difficult to load the cartridge manually. Any other weapon cartridge can be manually reloaded, but it takes time.

fpsgamer80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 fpsgamer80
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Yeah but check it out the Tomahawk these guys are working on. How cool would that be to go COD with a gun?
blacksiteninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 blacksiteninja
Member since 2008 • 306 Posts
is it really that big a deal?
cos_vanquish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 cos_vanquish
Member since 2007 • 1143 Posts

The M1 Garand in Day of Defeat: Source is the same way as the one in CoD4. You have to empty the clip before it will reload.

I'm not sure I'm really understanding your question/complaint all that well. I mean, they aren't using the same clip over and over and putting bullets into it to fill it back up. You have secondary clips around your waist attached to your belt, and sometimes attached to your kevlar on your chest where you just reach and reload.

You would think that upon emptying the clip to a certain extent and hitting reload you would just chunk the used clip to the ground. But, if you notice when you are running out of ammo and are down to your last clip, it's usually that clip you started out with and hit reload when you only had 6 shots left.

cos_vanquish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 cos_vanquish
Member since 2007 • 1143 Posts

Also, for anyne who's wondering why does it seem that every game that features an M1 garand in it isn't capable of reloading until the clip is empty has a very simple answer. Unlike many guns where you have a clip switch to let the clip out and lock it into position, the M1 was different in that aspect. The Garand came with clips already filled with bullets and you stuck the clip in until it snapped into place. There was no way of taking that clip out until it was emptied, because upon the last shot being fired it would shoot the empty clip out and it be discarded.

I figure it would have sucked to be weilding a garand in WWII and be in the middle of a gun fight and your weapon jammed up on the 3rd shot of the clip. That would have rendered the gun useless as you weren't able to unload the clip and put a fresh one in.

jazznate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jazznate
Member since 2008 • 1202 Posts
This idea would be terrible if implemented in all FPS. I'm reload happy, I reload even after only firing a couple bullets. I want to have a full clip so I don't run out in the middle of a gun fight. What's the point of just wasting the bullets? This type of thing would get really annoying for a lot of fps players, probably most fps players other than a sniper who has 1 bullet 1 kill.
Avatar image for Uberbadassmufuh
Uberbadassmufuh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Uberbadassmufuh
Member since 2004 • 1006 Posts

I believe BF2 also remembered how many bullets you had in each clip.