This topic is locked from further discussion.

pastgamesrule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#1 pastgamesrule
Member since 2005 • 311 Posts

Do you think it's possible to purchase a mature rated game at self checkout without getting asked for identification? Sometimes there's an employee monitoring those lanes so do they have to check? I know a simpler solution is to purchase a game by shopping onlinebut I was just curious

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#2 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
I'd say your odds are about the same or a bit lower than going through a regular till, so it's worth a shot. Generally the employees overseeing the self checkouts are mainly concerned with people not paying for things they should be, or people who can't seem to figure out how they work.
azazel_666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 azazel_666
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts

lol, o remember when i used to be young and try and buy 18 rated games hehe

Apocalypse324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Apocalypse324
Member since 2007 • 1486 Posts

Your chances would be the same because it would still depend on the employee. When you scan something that you have to be a certain age to buy, a message pops up on the screen and an employee has to approve it, even on self checkout.

WaterLord0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 WaterLord0
Member since 2006 • 379 Posts

Do you think it's possible to purchase a mature rated game at self checkout without getting asked for identification? Sometimes there's an employee monitoring those lanes so do they have to check? I know a simpler solution is to purchase a game by shopping onlinebut I was just curious

pastgamesrule
Well most places have the mature games behind glass. So with that in your way the self checkout dont play any factor