Seiken Densetsu 3 ENG

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Utensilman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Utensilman
Member since 2006 • 1571 Posts

Is it possible to get an english translated version of this game? I'm a big Secret of Mana fan and I've had my eye on this game for a while now but I'm afraid Japanese is not of my understanding.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
It is.Played it a long time ago,can't point out where.
Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts
There is a fan translation patch, which I can't help you with here of course. I have not played it myself but will at some point.
gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

It is safe to get a ROM for this title. The game was localized for Western audiences or trademarked, so you would not be stealing. ROMS are not wrong as long as you use them correctly. You are allowed to download a ROM if you already own the physical copy of a game. You cannot own Seiken Densetsu 3 in a straightforward manner, so you are fine.

I played the game for a little while. It is great. You move faster and have a choice of which character you want to start out as. There are six characters this time around instead of just three. You can only play in a group of three for one play thorugh. When you level up, you can choose which stat of your character to up grade. Once you reach level eighteen or so, you can choose between a light class and a dark class. You can now hold nine of one item instead of only four. You can also carry additional units in stock.

XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts

It is safe to get a ROM for this title. The game was localized for Western audiences or trademarked, so you would not be stealing. ROMS are not wrong as long as you use them correctly. You are allowed to download a ROM if you already own the physical copy of a game. You cannot own Seiken Densetsu 3 in a straightforward manner, so you are fine.gamenerd15

No, its not legal to download whether you own a copy or not. The law is pretty clear. You can create a backup for your own personal use - NOT so you can upload it for others to use. Whether its straightforward has no change in legality. Unless YOU are the person who made the backup, its not a legally obtained copy.

Having said that, to the OP, just get it by whatever means. Just giving you the heads up by clearing misinformation.

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

I know a guy who makes an English cart of this game, and does a damn good job to; he creates a very authentic looking sticker label for the cart, as wel as puts in in a very authentic looking replica SNES box and includes an English manual as well. Because what he does is technically not "legal" I can't tell you who he is. It's a shame because he deserves more recogntion for what he does. If it makes you feel any better, his games are very expensive, as in $100+.

JReefer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 JReefer1
Member since 2004 • 898 Posts

Chrono...

wackoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 wackoss
Member since 2004 • 702 Posts

I know a guy who makes an English cart of this game, and does a damn good job to; he creates a very authentic looking sticker label for the cart, as wel as puts in in a very authentic looking replica SNES box and includes an English manual as well. Because what he does is technically not "legal" I can't tell you who he is. It's a shame because he deserves more recogntion for what he does. If it makes you feel any better, his games are very expensive, as in $100+.

Shenmue_Jehuty
Give me a hundred dollars and I'll make a replica for anyone. He's a pirate. Not only is he downloading roms for his own gain, he's stealing the work of the people who worked hard to translate the game.
Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

[QUOTE="Shenmue_Jehuty"]

wackoss

Give me a hundred dollars and I'll make a replica for anyone. He's a pirate. Not only is he downloading roms for his own gain, he's stealing the work of the people who worked hard to translate the game.

Call it what you want, but they're such high quality you can't tell the difference between his carts and an offical liscenced release. Besides Secret of Mana 2 was never released in the US, so I'd say it's somewhat fair for english-speaking fans of the series to get a chance to play one of the best RPGs on the SNES that they never were given a chance to orginally enjoy. But that's just my take on it.

istuffedsunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#10 istuffedsunny
Member since 2008 • 6991 Posts
That's some old-school bootlegging right there! Indeed it is under-appreciated in today's era of p2p. ... ... :P
gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

[QUOTE="gamenerd15"]

It is safe to get a ROM for this title. The game was localized for Western audiences or trademarked, so you would not be stealing. ROMS are not wrong as long as you use them correctly. You are allowed to download a ROM if you already own the physical copy of a game. You cannot own Seiken Densetsu 3 in a straightforward manner, so you are fine.XaosII

No, its not legal to download whether you own a copy or not. The law is pretty clear. You can create a backup for your own personal use - NOT so you can upload it for others to use. Whether its straightforward has no change in legality. Unless YOU are the person who made the backup, its not a legally obtained copy.

Having said that, to the OP, just get it by whatever means. Just giving you the heads up by clearing misinformation.

It seems we are both wrong. In some countries, you are not allowed to back your own games, so I would not be acting so high and mighty. Either way, I am sure Square is not going to care about a game that it will never release to the West. There is no way to get legal regarding Japan only games.

"However, in the U.S. it has been illegal since 1983 for a user to create their own backups of video game ROMs onto other cartridges. This was decided in the court case of Atari v. JS&A. JS&A manufactured a "game backup" device that allowed users to dump their Atari ROMs onto a blank cartridge. JS&A argued that the archival rule allowed for this. The court disagreed, noting that ROM media was not subject to the same volatility as magnetic media (for which the law was created). Thus, not being so relatively vulnerable, ROMs were not applicable under section 17 USC 117(a)(2)." [5]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ROM_image

bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bultje112
Member since 2005 • 1868 Posts

wasn't this game already translated like 12 years ago? I think I played it then on a rom

bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bultje112
Member since 2005 • 1868 Posts

Shenmue_Jehuty

wow, what an idiot friend. I can't stand people trying to make money over others people's accomplishments.

El3ctrosisV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 El3ctrosisV2
Member since 2012 • 180 Posts
There is a ROM out there and I'd like to point you right to it but alas, not allowed.
nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

[QUOTE="XaosII"]

[QUOTE="gamenerd15"]

It is safe to get a ROM for this title. The game was localized for Western audiences or trademarked, so you would not be stealing. ROMS are not wrong as long as you use them correctly. You are allowed to download a ROM if you already own the physical copy of a game. You cannot own Seiken Densetsu 3 in a straightforward manner, so you are fine.gamenerd15

It seems we are both wrong. In some countries, you are not allowed to back your own games, so I would not be acting so high and mighty. Either way, I am sure Square is not going to care about a game that it will never release to the West. There is no way to get legal regarding Japan only games.

"However, in the U.S. it has been illegal since 1983 for a user to create their own backups of video game ROMs onto other cartridges. This was decided in the court case of Atari v. JS&A. JS&A manufactured a "game backup" device that allowed users to dump their Atari ROMs onto a blank cartridge. JS&A argued that the archival rule allowed for this. The court disagreed, noting that ROM media was not subject to the same volatility as magnetic media (for which the law was created). Thus, not being so relatively vulnerable, ROMs were not applicable under section 17 USC 117(a)(2)." [5]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ROM_image

Technically downloading ROM isn't legal but for such cases (where the game doesn't release in the Western territory, nor does it have English subtitles) it's understandable people download it. Altho it also depends where you live because some countries have less stricter rules than some.

Overall, the whole of emulation is a grey area and if you want to go 100% legal you shouldn't do it (but then you can also buy a stolen or priated game off e-bay so it's not like buying originals is always compeletely legimate either).

And speaking about these things - did you know MS wants to ban used game sales for their next Xbox?

Lending games to a friend may also be prohibited if this continues.