Sega-AM2: Fighting Vipers and Last Bronx..Which was the better fighter?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts

Lets leave virtua Fighter out of this one, it wouldnt be fair since that was Sega-AM2 most Popular fighter.

i want to know which was the better fighter out of these two..

Fighting vipers i dont really remember to much so i cant say if i liked it or not but Last Bronx was pretty good. wonder why they never made a sequel.

Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: -3

#2 Dudersaper
Member since 2007 • 32952 Posts
Fighting Viper by a mile :D Damn I love that game to death.
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

I never played Fighting Vipers, so everything I know about it is based off from what I've seen on CGR. I do own Last Bronx, but I don't think it's anything to be worth writing home about. I will say the opening was pretty memorable, and Joe and his nunchucks were unstoppable lol.

thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 thebest31406
Member since 2004 • 3775 Posts
Never properly played Last Bronx. Back then I always had the impression that the game was like a modern day Soul Edge, with a pinch of VF. Anyway, I decided not to buy it because it looked a bit slow. FV is a faster, over-the-top version of VF which features wacky characters, insane juggles, armor breaking, and wall crashing. If I had to choose one, I'd choose FV.
bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 bultje112
Member since 2005 • 1868 Posts

last bronx, no doubt. teh game is very underrated and how it got a 4 on gamespot is beside me. fighting vipers is a downgraded version of vf. although I like it a lot, not as much as last bronx

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#6 Darkman2007
Member since 2007 • 17926 Posts

well , there is no point in getting Fighting Vipers, if youre going to get that, just get Fighters Megamix, which has both the FV and VF2 characters, along with a few others, in one game that runs on a similar system to FV.

as for which is better, I dont know, I kinda like Last Bronx, but I can't argue that there is more replay value in Fighters Megamix

0m39AX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#7 0m39AX
Member since 2005 • 122 Posts

FIGHTING VIPERS is a great game. The destructible armor-esque was innovative at that time. But, in terms of mechanics and gameplay,

LAST BRONX is definetily better.

Can you imagine a Virtua Fighter with weapons? It's called Last Bronx. It has deeper gameplay than Soul Edge.

Also worth mentioning is

ANARCHY IN THE NIPPON

(It has amazing graphics. And also the art direction has some key elements that will appear in Shenmue. Notice, for example, that the blond girl's stage - I don't know her name, the menus are in japanese - appears to be exactly the same harbor that Ryo Hakuzi finds his part time job in Shenmue 1)

- Oh, and just on a side note: did you guys already know that AM2 classics are coming to XBLA / PSN? Sonic the Fighters, Fighters Megamix and Virtua Fighter 2. Although I still play FV and VF2 on my Saturn and STF on emulators, I'll buy them to get some achievements!

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

I've never played last bronx, but I hear it's good. Fighting Vipers is also a really great game from what I remember, however the last time I played it was probably back in 1997ish.

bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bultje112
Member since 2005 • 1868 Posts

if you want fighting vipers. get fighting vipers 2 on the dreamcast.

Devil-Itachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Devil-Itachi
Member since 2005 • 4387 Posts
Fighting Vipers simply because it has a dude that looks like Jotaru. Haven't played either so my opinion is pretty much null but will likely pick up Fighting Vipers on xbla soon.
Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Panzer_Zwei
Member since 2006 • 15498 Posts

LAST BRONX was not developed by AM-2 but by AM-3.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 rilpas
Member since 2012 • 8161 Posts
Fighting vipers is a more fun game but as Darkman said, if you already own Fighters Megamix, you're better off getting Last Bronx
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Darkman2007
[QUOTE="rilpas"]Fighting vipers is a more fun game but as Darkman said, if you already own Fighters Megamix, you're better off getting Last Bronx

there is one advantage if you have the Japanese version of FV, it has Pepsiman as a playable character :P no, Im not joking
rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rilpas

[QUOTE="rilpas"]Fighting vipers is a more fun game but as Darkman said, if you already own Fighters Megamix, you're better off getting Last BronxDarkman2007
there is one advantage if you have the Japanese version of FV, it has Pepsiman as a playable character :P no, Im not joking

I know, I its in the 'trivia' section of my fighting vipers review :P

oh by the way, off-topic question: Enemy Zero, worth getting the PC version over the Saturn version?

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Darkman2007

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="rilpas"]Fighting vipers is a more fun game but as Darkman said, if you already own Fighters Megamix, you're better off getting Last Bronxrilpas

oh by the way, off-topic question: Enemy Zero, worth getting the PC version over the Saturn version?

sadly Ive never played Enemy Zero , so I can't say if its worth it per se. I don't see why the PC version wouldn't be good, if you can get it to work that is.
rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 rilpas

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"] there is one advantage if you have the Japanese version of FV, it has Pepsiman as a playable character :P no, Im not jokingDarkman2007

sadly Ive never played Enemy Zero , so I can't say if its worth it per se. I don't see why the PC version wouldn't be good, if you can get it to work that is.

yeah that's my fear, I had a low budget version that I never got working

I could try the big box version :P

buuuuut I'm afraid of the risk :P

maybe I'll just pay extra and get the saturn version

SectorSix6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SectorSix6
Member since 2012 • 201 Posts
Never played Fighting Vipers (i played Fighters Mega Mix though) so im going to have to go with Last bronx by default