Sega Saturn Victims Unite!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Aero5555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1 Aero5555
Member since 2006 • 1333 Posts

I got a Sega Saturn as a present from my uncle back in 1995, it was my introduction into the 32-bit era. The console was all the hype back then and the Playstation was being made fun of as the new kid in town everyone bullied. The games I got with the console were Virtua Fighter (packed-in), Daytona USA, Myst, Clockwork Knight and Sega Worldwide Soccer.

Until the first quarter of 1998 I stuck with my Saturn exclusively while ignoring even the games the other consoles of the era had to offer. The highlights (games) for me on it were Myst, Daytona USA, Virtua Fighter, Die Hard Arcade, X-Men Children of The Atom, Street Fighter Alpha, Virtua Cop 2, Worldwide Soccer '98, Sonic 3D Blast and last but not least my favorite outta all of them Megaman X4.

I still remember that night during Q1 1998 going into my usual gaming store and the clerk telling us (me and my brother) that the Saturn was getting its plug pulled due to the soon arrival of the Dreamcast and the only new release he had on the shelf was Burning Rangers. I remember leaving the store sorta shocked with sadness, I did not see it coming. Ended up buying an N64 a week later and then a PSX a year or so after that.

That's my story with this legend of a console, what's yours?

Aero5555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Aero5555

Oh yes I also had Bug! Man that game was funny.

bigM10231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 bigM10231
Member since 2008 • 11240 Posts

in 2001 i think? a friend gave me a sega saturn with no hookups and a controller because he didnt like the games for it. i said ill keep it until i find stuff for it. now 8 years later i still have nothing going for it. next month im going to see if theres any cables at one of the game stores i go to.

Dariency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4 Dariency
Member since 2003 • 9464 Posts

I just bought a Saturn for the first time early this year, and I like it. I enjoyed games like Sonic 3D Blast, Bug, Clockwork Knight, and I still have yet to play Sonic R, Sonic Jam, and many other games. Overall, I think the console is great to own today.

Aero5555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Aero5555

I just bought a Saturn for the first time early this year, and I like it. I enjoyed games like Sonic 3D Blast, Bug, Clockwork Knight, and I still have yet to play Sonic R, Sonic Jam, and many other games. Overall, I think the console is great to own today.

dog64
Sonic Jam isn't worth paying a high price for, it's just a compilation of the Sega Genesis games. Back then it was worth but now it's pretty much redundant.
bigM10231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bigM10231
[QUOTE="dog64"]

Aero5555
Sonic Jam isn't worth paying a high price for, it's just a compilation of the Sega Genesis games. Back then it was worth but now it's pretty much redundant.

because you got how many sonic/sega compilations? OVER 9000!!:P what!? 9000? theres no way that could be right
Aero5555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Aero5555
because you got how many sonic/sega compilations? OVER 9000!!:P what!? 9000? theres no way that could be rightbigM10231
LOL! Yeah pretty much. I remember wanting the game soooo bad back then but every time I went to the usual gaming store they'd tell me it was outta stock (my only source of gaming news was magazines and TV shows back then, no internet, and it was really shallow, magazine ads helped ALOT). Never before did all Genesis Sonic games be compiled in such a way so it was a pretty big deal. Don't let the "collector's feel" about it fool you. You'll feel ripped-off the second you turn your Saturn on.
Mtngranek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#8 Mtngranek
Member since 2009 • 403 Posts

I remember I got a Saturn for Christmas back in 96. I liked it back then, and I still like it. I just wish it didn't go down the toilet so fast. I do feel kind of special because I'm one of the few who can say they actually had the Saturn when it was current gen, lol. Maybe that just makes me "special".

Aero5555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Aero5555

I do feel kind of special because I'm one of the few who can say they actually had the Saturn when it was current gen, lol. Maybe that just makes me "special".

Mtngranek
I know the feeling :)
savebattery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 savebattery
Member since 2009 • 3626 Posts
I've had the Saturn since it came out and I can safely say there is no better system in existence.
bigM10231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bigM10231
I've had the Saturn since it came out and I can safely say there is no better system in existence.savebattery
well if the tech they have now was back then, then it would be more awesome8)
kolkov01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kolkov01
Member since 2009 • 2350 Posts

I bought a satturn last year. A lot of it's games didn't age well.

Fighting Vipers and Virtua fighter 2 feel arhaic

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is short and way too easy

shinning wisdom feels like a Sega CD game

Daytona USA: Circuit Edition and Last Bronx are the only real good Saturn games I own

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#13 Darkman2007
Member since 2007 • 17926 Posts

The saturn in my opinion is the best sega system, its sad to see such potential was lost,

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

I only had the Saturn, played the PS1 at my friends.

wstfld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 wstfld
Member since 2008 • 6375 Posts
My Saturn is the only legacy console I still have hooked up. My N64, DC, and X-Box all just collect dust. Dragon Force has to be my most played game of all time, just barely beating out Sonic 2 and Counter-Strike.
gokuofheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 gokuofheaven
Member since 2004 • 3452 Posts
I remember playing the Saturn at a friend's house the day it came out. Eventually we spent hours and hour playing Xmen vs Street Fighter when that came out. Then we went to the arcades and killed everyone in that game. Good memories. I eventually was able to afford one and then also bought a Japanese one for all the shooters and fighters.
bigM10231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bigM10231
I remember playing the Saturn at a friend's house the day it came out. Eventually we spent hours and hour playing Xmen vs Street Fighter when that came out. Then we went to the arcades and killed everyone in that game. Good memories. I eventually was able to afford one and then also bought a Japanese one for all the shooters and fighters.gokuofheaven
what i would do is use the special cart for the us model that allows imports to be played on it
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#18 Darkman2007
Member since 2007 • 17926 Posts
[QUOTE="gokuofheaven"]I remember playing the Saturn at a friend's house the day it came out. Eventually we spent hours and hour playing Xmen vs Street Fighter when that came out. Then we went to the arcades and killed everyone in that game. Good memories. I eventually was able to afford one and then also bought a Japanese one for all the shooters and fighters.bigM10231
what i would do is use the special cart for the us model that allows imports to be played on it

the problem with them is that they arent compatible with some games, and can also ruin the Saturn's cartridge port.
JReefer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19 JReefer1
Member since 2004 • 898 Posts
A videogame vendor at my local flea market (more commonly known as The Pavilion) had a JPN Sega Saturn (I thought I could get over the language barrier) nearly a month before state side release, so me and my younger brother pleaded with our dad to spot some cash and sold a good fraction of our current videogame collection to get it, ; if my memory serves me correct. I'm not 100% sure that we got Virtual Fighter with it, about 90%. We were only happy with it for about month no more than 8 weeks, there was no Ebay so games were limited to 2 or something like that at the flea market, most likely had to know Japanese to play the other(s). There you have it.
sonic0491

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 sonic0491
Member since 2006 • 2508 Posts

I had one but I regretfully sold it. I found someone who is selling me a Saturn and Dreamcast with games pack cheap, even thought I already have a Dreamcast. Im eagerly anticipating it. I already have about 15 Saturn games waiting I was collecting while I waited to find one and now this has popped up! YEW!

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#21 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts

I only had the Saturn, played the PS1 at my friends.

gameofthering
Same here.
chefstubbies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22 chefstubbies
Member since 2007 • 2583 Posts

Saturn Victims?

I bought a Saturn and thuroughly enjoyed it, even while also having a N64 and PS1 as well. The Saturn had so many classics that went virtually (no pun intended) un-noticed and unrecognized and just seemed to disappear into the void of dead consoles like my Jaguar and 3DO and Sega CD...although as far as I was concerned at the time it was all money well spent.

KPAXMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 KPAXMAN
Member since 2009 • 160 Posts

Here goes my story. I hardly think of myself as a victim though. I love (and still love) my Saturn.Anyway, I think it was Christmas of 97 (maybe 98 ), and Sega was advertising their Saturn system with 3 free games packed in(Daytona USA, Virtua Cop and Virtua Fighter 2). And I had begged my parents for it. I told them about the deal and they caved. I received it for Christmas that year. Suffice to say, I was elated. At the time, I still had my Sega Genesis hooked up and was still playing that while the PSone and N64 were the dominant brands. I felt out of the loop for a long time without a next generation console. So I had some catching up to do. I heard great things about a few of the games, mainly RPGs. I bought Tomb Raider, Shining the Holy Ark, Dark Savior, Shining Force 3, Duke Nukem 3D, House of the Dead, Mega Man 8 and a slew of less than stellar titles. Shortly after that, when Saturn started to lose 3rd party support and the selection of games coming out were few and far between, I got a little sad and frustrated. Moving on was hard, but soon after the Saturn stopped, the Dreamcast was just around the corner and by then I had gotten my first job and could buy it with on own money. Hooray! End of Story.

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

I didn't personally own a Saturn until probably 2003 or so, long after they discontinued making games for it. However, growing up I had a close friend who had one; we used to play The Lost World, Virtua Fighter 2, and several other great games on it all the time. I really wish this system would have lasted longer then it did, because it had so much going for it and I still thoroughly enjoy playing it. I just hope they start porting a lot of its games to the Playstation Network, XBOX Live and the Nintendo Virtual Console.

Aero5555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Aero5555

Saturn Victims?

chefstubbies
Victims in the sense that Sega killed it and we were forced to move on to another console. Basically Sega killed off what could've lasted for another 4 years. The Saturn competed in the 32-bit market for roughly 2 and a half years out of a potential 6-7. I don't mean it in the sense that the console itself was a failure. The failure was Saturn's Marketing strategies, management's ignorance in handling it led to its death. I've said this before and I'll say it again, I loved my Saturn and was extremely upset that night (read OP). It did not deserve the treatment it got at all. By the way, this thread was actually meant for people like me who bought the Saturn back in its prime and ended up being a victim of its death. I noticed how some people generalized the idea and talked about their recent purchase of the console. Not really the idea I was going for but it's alright.
Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Panzer_Zwei
Member since 2006 • 15498 Posts

[QUOTE="chefstubbies"]

Saturn Victims?

Aero5555

Victims in the sense that Sega killed it and we were forced to move on to another console. Basically Sega killed off what could've lasted for another 4 years. The Saturn competed in the 32-bit market for roughly 2 and a half years out of a potential 6-7. I don't mean it in the sense that the console itself was a failure. The failure was Saturn's Marketing strategies, management's ignorance in handling it led to its death. I've said this before and I'll say it again, I loved my Saturn and was extremely upset that night (read OP). It did not deserve the treatment it got at all. By the way, this thread was actually meant for people like me who bought the Saturn back in its prime and ended up being a victim of its death. I noticed how some people generalized the idea and talked about their recent purchase of the console. Not really the idea I was going for but it's alright.

The Saturn was officially supported for 4 years: November 1994 - November 1998. And in America the system wasn't discontinued until 1999.

In order to avoid "falling victim" of any given product you should always inform yourself better before purchasing it, otherwise it's very much your own fault.

The Saturn had a very good lifespan and an excellent library of games most of which were only released in Japan, but this wasn't an issue for me. I do understand this posed a problem for many users, but again they should've informed themselves better, wait a while, or just avoided purchasing it it if they didn't had access to the best games of the system.

I see no problem with the Saturn, and greatly enjoyed its 4 years of glory. The Dreamcast had less games and an even shorter lifespan and people love it.

You certainly won't see anyone claiming they were vicitims of that system.

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#27 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
I didn't get a Saturn when they first came out. Not sure why. I did buy an N64 and PS1. I bought my first Saturn in early 2005 and sold it at the end of the same year. I wanted more money for Xbox 360 launch titles. Big mistake that I regret to this day. Earlier this year I decided to buy another Saturn. This time I bought a modded UK Saturn from ebay. It doesn't play pirated games. It's just fitted with a region switch and 50/60Hz switch. This way I can play NTSC games full screen and at full speed. NTSC games run slow if you play them on a UK Saturn with an import cartridge because the game is still being displayed at 50Hz. You need the 60Hz switch modification. I bought Radiant Silvergun, Taromaru, Battle Garegga, Shining Force 3 Premium Disc, Panzer Dragoon Saga (PAL version), Soukyugurentai, Strikers 1945, Sengoku Blade, Sexy Parodius, Kingdom Grandprix and Dodonpachi in the first week after buying my modded Saturn. That was one very expensive week. These games are the most expensive I've ever bought. I haven't bought any Saturn games since. In the new year I'm going to look for some other games. I've got a few in mind that I want to pick up.
Aero5555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Aero5555
In order to avoid "falling victim" of any given product you should always inform yourself better before purchasing it, otherwise it's very much your own fault.Panzer_Zwei
I stopped reading after this. I actually kinda lol'd. First of all, you should really stop taking forums seriously. Second, take that "falling victim" advice and try telling it to a 13-year-old who just realized a console he loved was dying with no access to new games and he had to beg his parents to get a new console. I dunno what you went through but it was a pretty upsetting experience for me and I'm not rich (especially back then) with parents who find consoles to be a waste of resources. In other words, your advice sounds pretty inconsiderate. Also, I dunno if you read the OP, but I did state that the console was a gift from my uncle. I can't help but think your whole post was due to my bashing of Sega.
codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#29 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts
Though I never personally owned a Saturn, I do think that it was a pretty nice system, and far better executed than the 32X. But then again, Sega at that time was just a company where it proverbially "had one hand not knowing what the other one did". But the Saturn was one I did want. It became even more impressive to me when I discovered about the import scene for it, and the cool multi-function peripherals that there were for the console. If I could "have it my way", I would get one, with one of those combination cartridges that enable playing Japanese games, backup memory card, and 4MB RAM expansion cart to support those arcade-perfect translations of games at the time. Because even though it didn't do 3D as efficiently as the PS1, the Saturn was a 2D monster, and had great arcade ports while the ps1's ports were laughable at best.
cosmostein77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 102

#30 cosmostein77
Member since 2004 • 7043 Posts

I bought the Saturn within the month it was launched, while I was ticked off at the cost and the fact that the internal memory was pretty lame and required the purchase of the Back-up Cart, I was pretty pleased overall with it.

There were nearly three solid years of support for the console in North America, and a steady flow of Working Design RPG's that generally kept me pretty happy. While the E3 announcement of Katana killed a lot of software I wanted for the Saturn its library was respectable and I rarely found myself looking at the new release list for a month and not seeing at least one game I wanted.

Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Panzer_Zwei

[QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"]In order to avoid "falling victim" of any given product you should always inform yourself better before purchasing it, otherwise it's very much your own fault.Aero5555
I stopped reading after this. I actually kinda lol'd. First of all, you should really stop taking forums seriously. Second, take that "falling victim" advice and try telling it to a 13-year-old who just realized a console he loved was dying with no access to new games and he had to beg his parents to get a new console. I dunno what you went through but it was a pretty upsetting experience for me and I'm not rich (especially back then) with parents who find consoles to be a waste of resources. In other words, your advice sounds pretty inconsiderate. Also, I dunno if you read the OP, but I did state that the console was a gift from my uncle. I can't help but think your whole post was due to my bashing of Sega.

The point still stands and it's actually when you have the less resources that you have to think of what to buy of what to ask for.

The whole " purchase victims" poin of your thread is silly to begin with. I'm as big of a SEGA fan as any you can meet and yet I never bought a Super 32X. You know why? Because even back then in 1994 when I was only 14 I knew that add-on was going to be rubbish. I've never bought any single system on "blind-faith" just because I'm fan of the company, and that's precisely because I couldn't afford to waste any money back then.

I remember when the Saturn came out I was still happy and buying games for the Mega-CD. Mega-CD games weren't cheap, and I actually got many of them after I had a Saturn. But then you also have the so called victims of the Mega-CD who all they knew of the system besides Sonic-CD were rubbish games like Jurassic Park and Sewer Shark. And they still go on claiming how they wasted money on the system that according to them "had no good games" and labeling themselves as vicitims, when it's very much their own fault for never having played all the good games the system had on it.

IMO unless you were rich and bought a new game every 4 days or something the Mega-CD was an excellent add-on that had enough games to get you through what was left of the generation. And at least to me it did. And it's the same thing for the Super 32X or any other system for that matter, if you bought it just because of impulse, then you were a fool and it's very much your own fault.

I also remember desperately wanting a PC-FX during those days after having seeing one at an import store, and it was just as expensive as the Saturn. And it was because I thought it could very difficult to get games for it that I never bought one back in the day, and it was a good decision.

tidusjeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 tidusjeff
Member since 2003 • 713 Posts
If I didn't buy a xbox 360, I would have invested into buying a saturn and a dreamcast back when. Oh course, if I had the money way back when I would of done the same. When I sold my 360 don't remember exactly but I didn't get as much as I thought I would. Big mistake.
Bubble_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#33 Bubble_Man
Member since 2006 • 3100 Posts

I got a Saturn from my older brother back in the 8th grade. It had its gems, but I found the system mostly disappointing. More recently, I bought a Japanese Saturn off ebay so I could have access to all 3 Shining Force scenarios. If the Saturn had more games like that, it would have been a much better system.

bigM10231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 bigM10231
If I didn't buy a xbox 360, I would have invested into buying a saturn and a dreamcast back when. Oh course, if I had the money way back when I would of done the same. When I sold my 360 don't remember exactly but I didn't get as much as I thought I would. Big mistake. tidusjeff
thats why you get a job or save enough to buy a console. why sell what you love?
Aero5555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Aero5555

The point still stands and it's actually when you have the less resources that you have to think of what to buy of what to ask for.

The whole " purchase victims" poin of your thread is silly to begin with. I'm as big of a SEGA fan as any you can meet and yet I never bought a Super 32X. You know why? Because even back then in 1994 when I was only 14 I knew that add-on was going to be rubbish. I've never bought any single system on "blind-faith" just because I'm fan of the company, and that's precisely because I couldn't afford to waste any money back then.

I remember when the Saturn came out I was still happy and buying games for the Mega-CD. Mega-CD games weren't cheap, and I actually got many of them after I had a Saturn. But then you also have the so called victims of the Mega-CD who all they knew of the system besides Sonic-CD were rubbish games like Jurassic Park and Sewer Shark. And they still go on claiming how they wasted money on the system that according to them "had no good games" and labeling themselves as vicitims, when it's very much their own fault for never having played all the good games the system had on it.

IMO unless you were rich and bought a new game every 4 days or something the Mega-CD was an excellent add-on that had enough games to get you through what was left of the generation. And at least to me it did. And it's the same thing for the Super 32X or any other system for that matter, if you bought it just because of impulse, then you were a fool and it's very much your own fault.

I also remember desperately wanting a PC-FX during those days after having seeing one at an import store, and it was just as expensive as the Saturn. And it was because I thought it could very difficult to get games for it that I never bought one back in the day, and it was a good decision.

Panzer_Zwei
Wow, just wow. You've gotta be kidding me. Dude, please take this advice from me as a friend, stop taking forums seriously. There are more important things in life that deserve alot more attention to detail than video games and the internet. So I added "Victims" in the thread's title, my bad. That's how I felt at the time (*gasp* an opinion). Are we cool now? Ok good, let's move on. Seriously.... Geez.
Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Panzer_Zwei

Wow, just wow. You've gotta be kidding me. Dude, please take this advice from me as a friend, stop taking forums seriously. There are more important things in life that deserve alot more attention to detail than video games and the internet. So I added "Victims" in the thread's title, my bad. That's how I felt at the time (*gasp* an opinion). Are we cool now? Ok good, let's move on. Seriously.... Geez.Aero5555

I don't really care about what you or the users here do, but we're all here to discuss videogame-related stuff and not the more important things in life, why, I'd guess because we want and like to. And since people here in fact spend time discussing videogames, I'd guess they want their opinions to be taking as seriously as any other videogame related conversation. But if your want your opinions to be taken as a joke, then all you had to do was say it in the first place.

Aero5555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Aero5555
I don't mean it as a joke, it's my personal opinion. Just because you disagree with me doesn't mean you have to treat my opinion as if it's a huge mistake that (for example) will make you go bankrupt. Get my point? It's your life, do whatever you want. What I'm telling you is advice. Take it or leave it, and that's all.
hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

I own a Japanese Saturn now and enjoy the Japanese games I own for it a lot. My favorites are Grandia, Wachenroder, Deep Fear, and Panzer Dragoon RPG Azel.

It's my 2nd favorite 5th generation console right now, but I also think it has the weakest library out of the three.

tidusjeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 tidusjeff
Member since 2003 • 713 Posts
[QUOTE="tidusjeff"]If I didn't buy a xbox 360, I would have invested into buying a saturn and a dreamcast back when. Oh course, if I had the money way back when I would of done the same. When I sold my 360 don't remember exactly but I didn't get as much as I thought I would. Big mistake. bigM10231
thats why you get a job or save enough to buy a console. why sell what you love?

In the end I didn't love the 360. If I was offered to go back in time, I would have saved the amount of money needed to buy a 360 and bought a dreamcast and saturn.
rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 rgsniper1
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts

I bought a Sega Saturn the day it came out as I do almost all consoles. Still have it to this day with two hori fightpads, 2 controllers, the big hamburg controller for nights, an st key/ 4 mb memory card the lightgun and around 40 to 45 games...

My 4 1/2 year old play the fighting games at least once or twice a week. We alternate between:

x-men vs street fighter

vampire savior

marvel super heroes vs street fighter

king of fighters 97

dead or alive

vf 2

street fighter alpha 2

x-men cota

and marvel super heroes

He also likes to play Galactidc Attack, Bug and clockwork night.

Menalque2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Menalque2
Member since 2007 • 2630 Posts

I got a Saturn for Christmas in '96 mostly for NiGHTS: Into Dreams. I was thrilled to find that the game was every bit as good as I expected and I also enjoyed Sega Rally and the first two Virtua Fighter games. I couldn't get into Daytona USA and because the system was unpopular, there was nowhere I could go to rent games for it so I found myself playing it less and less and eventually sold it by the end of the year.

However, I got into Saturn collecting not long ago and have had a great time. There are a lot of fun 2D shooters available for the system.

Avatar image for GulliversTravel
GulliversTravel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 GulliversTravel
Member since 2009 • 3110 Posts

I own a Japanese Saturn now and enjoy the Japanese games I own for it a lot. My favorites are Grandia, Wachenroder, Deep Fear, and Panzer Dragoon RPG Azel.

It's my 2nd favorite 5th generation console right now, but I also think it has the weakest library out of the three.

hakanakumono
What makes you want to play Grandia on the Saturn when theres an English version available on the PSone (though its worse but hey sitting down with a translation guide is painful). Are you playing PDS in Japanese? I heard its way cheaper than the English version.
gokuofheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43 gokuofheaven
Member since 2004 • 3452 Posts

[QUOTE="Aero5555"] Wow, just wow. You've gotta be kidding me. Dude, please take this advice from me as a friend, stop taking forums seriously. There are more important things in life that deserve alot more attention to detail than video games and the internet. So I added "Victims" in the thread's title, my bad. That's how I felt at the time (*gasp* an opinion). Are we cool now? Ok good, let's move on. Seriously.... Geez.Panzer_Zwei

I don't really care about what you or the users here do, but we're all here to discuss videogame-related stuff and not the more important things in life, why, I'd guess because we want and like to. And since people here in fact spend time discussing videogames, I'd guess they want their opinions to be taking as seriously as any other videogame related conversation. But if your want your opinions to be taken as a joke, then all you had to do was say it in the first place.

Relax bud, I don't think I've ever seen a sense of humor from you.

LDSCM84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 LDSCM84
Member since 2009 • 47 Posts

I still have my Saturn and still play it to this day. I loved it. Burning Rangers, Virtua Cop 2, Daytona were all great games. Plus as a fighting fan, Street Fighter vs. Xmen and Street Fighter Vs. Marvel Super Heroes were just about perfect arcade ports. Oh yeah, Bug! was a fun game too.