Seeing odin sphere makes me realize.....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

flood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 flood
Member since 2002 • 1470 Posts

we need a very detailed and beautifully rendered super mario world game form this new gen!!!!!

and im not talking about a 2d side scroller that pays homage to the puelated past. i want the brilliance of super mario brothers 2,3 and super mario world....but with really really detailed beautiful sprites!!!

and no i dont wanna see new gameplay ideas like mario switching from 2d to 3d.....i just want good ole fashined mario gameplay, sidescrolling, racoon tailed, yellow caped...

agree??/

Working_Stiff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Working_Stiff
Member since 2004 • 2253 Posts

we need a very detailed and beautifully rendered super mario world game form this new gen!!!!!

and im not talking about a 2d side scroller that pays homage to the puelated past. i want the brilliance of super mario brothers 2,3 and super mario world....but with really really detailed beautiful sprites!!!

and no i dont wanna see new gameplay ideas like mario switching from 2d to 3d.....i just want good ole fashined mario gameplay, sidescrolling, racoon tailed, yellow caped...

agree??/

flood

I agree, but I expect that the closest thing to that we will see is NSMB (which isn't exactly what you are describing).

viberooni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#3 viberooni
Member since 2003 • 1396 Posts

Yes, but Odin Sphere was a true labor of love that's been in the making forever - all that gorgeous hand drawn artwork and animation is extremely time consuming for developers and I'm not sure how many more 2D titles like that we get from now on.

Something like Galaxy pushes the franchise forward a lot more than a love letter to Mario's golden era would, but I'd still line up to buy that game in a heartbeat. So long as it's 5 times the game New Super Mario Bros was - I'm all about it, but it's more of a SMB1 inspired title than a homage to the latter Mario sidescrollers.

flood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 flood
Member since 2002 • 1470 Posts

oh i'll be clear though....i want no omage. i want no inspiration

i want a straight up shot of the next installment of super mario. old style gameplay,old style level design, old style story....new graphics that use the next gen power!

i agree with you on odin spere /labor of love btw...good point

yodariquo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#5 yodariquo
Member since 2005 • 6631 Posts
I'd be as much for more 2D Mario as anyone, but I don't care how it looks.