RPG Crisis, please help me!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e33eac3b8d33
deactivated-5e33eac3b8d33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-5e33eac3b8d33
Member since 2012 • 32 Posts

Once again, I've fallen into what I like to call an "RPG crisis", meaning - I'm craving for a good singleplayer PC RPG. Not just any RPG though. As a Slav (from Serbia), my whole life I've been in love with Celtic/Germanic/Slavic fantasy, music, stories, mythology. The conditions are as follows:

• Genre: Epic Fantasy. Pretty self-explanatory
  • Setting: Now this is the most important part. I want an RPG with a heavily-emphasised Celtic/Germanic/Slavic/Pagan/Early Middle Age setting. Something along the lore of LotR, Dragon Age, Drakensang, the Witcher. For total clarification, listen to Faun songs - Walpurgisnacht, Mit dem Wind, or Lupercalia. It should give you an idea of what setting and feeling I'm looking for.
  • The no-no: NO JRPGS! I want the fantasy of old, forests and groves and villages and castles, not a spiky haired high-schooler that makes the world explode with light and flashy effects everytime he jumps or something.
  • Graphic: Really not that important, but it's a plus if they're 2004+ (up to 2012-3, my PC is old)
  • Music: That would fit the above setting, like Faun, Adrian von Ziegler, and such (btw if you know any other performers of such music, please tell me :D )
  • Features: Character creation. I kinda like creating myself in those games, I hate it when I get a predetermined look and name, I can't immerse myself into it. Combat system can be real-time, turn-based, hack'n'slash, anything really. Romance is a huge plus definitely, almost a must, I'm a sucker for epic fantasy love.

Thanks in advance! :)

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

Just get Celtic Tales: Balor of the Evil Eye and forget about your other requirements.

Jade92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Jade92
Member since 2015 • 44 Posts

@jovanroland: Sounds like a great game! Hope you find it, gunna check back here to see if you do :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5e33eac3b8d33

@bussinrounds: Looks interesting, will definitely play it. Still, I wouldn't mind finding a game that meets the criteria I stated above, so if you know any other games, feel free to name them :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5e33eac3b8d33

Oh come on, anyone, anything? :P

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bussinrounds

Well Darklands is good and it was set in the set during the 15th century.

Also check out Serpent in the Staglands, which just recently came out, with Darklands clearly being an inspiration for it.

• A setting historically inspired by the late bronze age in an eerie Transylvanian landscape
Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

Not sure how much it fits your parameters, but everyone should play Arx Fatalis before they die.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5e33eac3b8d33

@bussinrounds They do look very interesting, might just get them because of that :) But what I'm actually looking for is like 6-7-8th century Gaelic/Celtic/Viking villages/tribes and forests and early medieval towns, druids and you know, stuff like that :) Banner Saga actually has the setting I'm looking for and I like it, haven't played it, might just grab that :)

@Black_Knight_00 It doesn't fit at all, but I have heard of the game :)

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By bussinrounds

@jovanroland: How about a Viking clan from the late 700s ?

Expeditions: Vikings is the sequel to the well received Expeditions: Conquistador

http://www.twitch.tv/twitch/v/10008524?t=1h43m50s

Here's a review for Conquistador from the RPG Codex.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=8993

Banner Saga is pretty cool and getting a sequel too, btw.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5e33eac3b8d33

@bussinrounds: I actually played Conquistador for a bit, thought it was rather fun, didn't know there was a Viking sequel :D I got Banner Saga, and I'll keep an eye out for Vikings :) This doesn't mean that my search for a Celtic RPG ends though :D

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bussinrounds

@jovanroland: Might not be exactly what you're looking for, but also check out another little gem called King of Dragon Pass.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5e33eac3b8d33

@bussinrounds: Will do :)