Rogue Galaxy or Final Fantasy XII?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fierce_deity13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 fierce_deity13
Member since 2005 • 4899 Posts
I really liked Rogue Galaxy, and got really far into the story, but couldn't beat it. I eventually got bored with it and sold it. I like to get 100% in my games, but that was by far the hardest game to get 100% in. I could never finish the side quests completely. I didn't really get into Final Fantasy XII. The story bored me, but a lot of people enjoyed it. And I don't know how they enjoyed it, but I wanted to enjoy it too. I didn't get that far, and didn't give it much of a chance. If it came down to both games, after giving both games a prior chance, would giving either game another chance be worth it? Am I missing out on something major, or should I just move on? Thanks.
summer_star17x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 summer_star17x
Member since 2007 • 2683 Posts
you are not missing anything with FF12. it is a waste of time.
fierce_deity13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 fierce_deity13
Member since 2005 • 4899 Posts
K, thanks. I was pretty far in Rogue Galaxy the first time. I think I will just skip both of them and focus on Persona 3. I just saw both games in a store a remembered that I never beat them. Thanks again.
Alizerothree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#4 Alizerothree
Member since 2008 • 1043 Posts
Ya both of those games got pretty boring fast. :(
BladeOfHeaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 BladeOfHeaven
Member since 2006 • 6027 Posts

i personally loved Rogue Galaxy, but if you tried them both and couldn't get into them. I say move on and come back when you finish the games that you are interested in enough. Don't skip out on them though, as they are great games.

babyblue2525

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 babyblue2525
Member since 2008 • 280 Posts
I really liked Final Fantasy XII.
TaCoDuDe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 TaCoDuDe
Member since 2006 • 3239 Posts
I love Final Fantasy XII. It one of my favorites Final Fantasies.
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

FFXII had fun sidequests and optional quests, and teh gameplay was alright. The story and music of the game though was not that great IMO.

And ui never oplayed rogue Galaxy...

_AbBaNdOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

#9 _AbBaNdOn
Member since 2005 • 6518 Posts

I dont know how you got stuck in Rogue Galaxy, its super easy. If you gave it another shot im sure you could blast through it and atleast finish the story. FF12 doesnt really have any saving features. If you didnt enjoy it your first time through I doubt your second time will be any different.

I have to say though there have been lots of games for me that i thought absolutely sucked the first time i played them, but then later mostly due to other people always talking about them I give them another shot and have a really great time, often times easily crushing challenges that stopped me dead in my tracks the first time around.

If you think persona 3:Fez is something to rush towards though your sadly mistaken. That game is pretty boring, I dont care what anyone else says. I own it and I have stopped playing it twice already to play other games. Making persona's is fun but its slow, fighting is tedious because you have to sneak up on the enemy if you dont want to take lots of damage, you are forced along through the story and through the tower where you fight.

TanKLoveR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TanKLoveR
Member since 2004 • 5712 Posts

I dont know if i would recommend either, FFXII was incomplete and flawed but kept me entertained enough to finish it and clock 120 hours, the story sucked, the music was meh, the spers were useless and so were the quickenings; the only thing i enjoyed was the combat(yes i mean that), the quests and some of the fights with some spers which were uber hard T_T.

Rogue galaxy bored me after 7 hours or so, there wasnt much variety in combat,enviroments, enemies, etc etc.

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts

I really enjoyed FFXII.

Haven't played Rogue Galaxy enough to form a opinion.

kaisama88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kaisama88
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

I enjoy FFXII, can't get into it as first but thanks god I give it a second chance :)

I like FFXII story too, it revolve around politic, war and not your every day cliche RPG story so I can see why some people don't like it.(I must admit I hate it at first too)

_AbBaNdOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

#13 _AbBaNdOn
Member since 2005 • 6518 Posts

99% of what Tanklover said about FF12 is right, except the part about quickenings. They are not worthless, they are totally effective and uber. In fact I butt -------- the last boss with quickenings.

N8A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 N8A
Member since 2007 • 18602 Posts

K, thanks. I was pretty far in Rogue Galaxy the first time. I think I will just skip both of them and focus on Persona 3. I just saw both games in a store a remembered that I never beat them. Thanks again.fierce_deity13

persona fes sounds like a good choice.