This topic is locked from further discussion.

avamusic4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 avamusic4
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Does anyone remember this game? It was one of my favorite when I was younger.
sheepradish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 sheepradish
Member since 2006 • 2242 Posts

I sure do!

liquidzero123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 liquidzero123
Member since 2004 • 7111 Posts

A friend gave it to me years ago and all I can remember about it was riding a bike and hitting someone with a chain.

Stowik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#4 Stowik
Member since 2006 • 1222 Posts

Yea that was a great game!

aryoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 134

#5 aryoshi
Member since 2007 • 1728 Posts
Indeed. I own the first on the Sega Saturn and the third on the Genesis. I used to rent the second a lot.
treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

One of the best racing games ever.

I really enjoyed the N64 version as well no matter how much anyone thinks it sucked. That game was hilarious.

_AbBaNdOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

#7 _AbBaNdOn
Member since 2005 • 6518 Posts
This is a game I would really like to see make a come back. A suped up fighting system, killer explosions/accidents, and most importantly new functionality. The worst part of Road Rash was having to keep up with your competitors, I was either going to fast or to slow to properly give a beat down. If they made a new version the first button command I would work on is a "shadow" button that you would have to hold down and then it would catch up to the nearest target(that you could change with the flick of a stick) and then match speed so you were constantly right by their side.

The only way to get out of this is to beat down the other guy or perform breakers/kick offs to seperate.

This might not be as popular an idea as the previous one but maybe they should get away from it just being about racing and more about beating up people. Each "race" would be about taking out a boss gang member which would involve driving through and beating down a whole crapload of underlings to reach him.

I really liked the idea of Road Rash and I played it tons but lets not forget that it also sucked in alot of aspects. And if you talk about Road Rash you should also talk about Skitchin' that was on the sega genesis. Imagine Road Rash only on roller blades = awesome. You could would grab on to car for speed, you could hit ramps and do tricks, you could beat down opponents. I liked it more than Road Rash but bikes are cooler.

There are tons of good games that didnt deserve to fade away and this is most definately one of them. Go ahead and work on your 5's and 6's of whatever mass popular games but how about bring back some KLASSICS!!!!!
fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts

Yes, I remember it. You could run over all the grandmas, and the toddlers. lol this game was hilarious. Used to play it all the time when I was younger.

maidonian2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 maidonian2000
Member since 2009 • 66 Posts

Road Rash 2 and 3 definitely rocked on the Sega Megadrive. I used to have lots of fun billy-clubbing other riders or "ghostying" them (the bike going out from under their legs, not a standard knock-off). I was excited when I saw they had Road Rash on the PS but it didn't do the original game justice, especially with the lack of two-player mode. *sigh* nostalgia.

zmbi_gmr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 zmbi_gmr
Member since 2008 • 3590 Posts

that game was sick. i loved it. my uncle is a biker guy, and his house is the first place i ever played it. i never tried RR2 though.

joesh89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 308

#11 joesh89
Member since 2008 • 8489 Posts

good game with really great music.

Darth_Sibbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#12 Darth_Sibbs
Member since 2004 • 4234 Posts

A friend gave it to me years ago and all I can remember about it was riding a bike and hitting someone with a chain.

liquidzero123
That's it, probably doesn't hold up nowadays, but in it's time it was awesome
Stowik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#13 Stowik
Member since 2006 • 1222 Posts
[QUOTE="_AbBaNdOn"]This is a game I would really like to see make a come back. A suped up fighting system, killer explosions/accidents, and most importantly new functionality. The worst part of Road Rash was having to keep up with your competitors, I was either going to fast or to slow to properly give a beat down. If they made a new version the first button command I would work on is a "shadow" button that you would have to hold down and then it would catch up to the nearest target(that you could change with the flick of a stick) and then match speed so you were constantly right by their side.

The only way to get out of this is to beat down the other guy or perform breakers/kick offs to seperate.

This might not be as popular an idea as the previous one but maybe they should get away from it just being about racing and more about beating up people. Each "race" would be about taking out a boss gang member which would involve driving through and beating down a whole crapload of underlings to reach him.

I really liked the idea of Road Rash and I played it tons but lets not forget that it also sucked in alot of aspects. And if you talk about Road Rash you should also talk about Skitchin' that was on the sega genesis. Imagine Road Rash only on roller blades = awesome. You could would grab on to car for speed, you could hit ramps and do tricks, you could beat down opponents. I liked it more than Road Rash but bikes are cooler.

There are tons of good games that didnt deserve to fade away and this is most definately one of them. Go ahead and work on your 5's and 6's of whatever mass popular games but how about bring back some KLASSICS!!!!!

It would also be cool to do a lot of off road trail driving...just an idea
_AbBaNdOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 _AbBaNdOn
Dirt Rash?? Doesnt sound as painful =P
Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#15 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

yeah i played RRII to death on Genesis. I have the 32-bit version on the Playstation also. but it's not as fun as the originals on the genesis. If you have a PSP, i recommend the EA replay. It has RR1,2, and 3. The only problem is they REALLY screwed up the music. but they play great on the psp.

The_Sand_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 The_Sand_Man
Member since 2008 • 6788 Posts

Yeah, and I remember my mom not letting me play it because it was rated teen.:roll: But I played it anyways and it was a really fun game at the time.

brandonk318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 brandonk318
Member since 2009 • 91 Posts
yeah road rash is great. what is better than playing as a biker while racing, hitting your competition with weapons, and running away from cops in sitting?
stike22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 stike22
Member since 2009 • 3401 Posts
YES THEY DO NEED TO MAKE A NEW ONE, YES! things they could do could actually make a good racer, be different from the same damn Need for Speed, Burnout and whatever else.
Ceraby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19 Ceraby
Member since 2009 • 3306 Posts
" Better to be hard in the heart than soft in the head " - a quote I have never forgotten from Road Rash . Well the quote went something like that... I think. Anyway yeah. Loved that game. Loved chain whipping and kicking opponents just to watch them artfully tumble to the dirt. It was glorious. =D
doll94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 doll94
Member since 2008 • 1559 Posts

I really liked the idea of Road Rash and I played it tons but lets not forget that it also sucked in alot of aspects. And if you talk about Road Rash you should also talk about Skitchin' that was on the sega genesis. Imagine Road Rash only on roller blades = awesome. You could would grab on to car for speed, you could hit ramps and do tricks, you could beat down opponents.

i used to love skitchin' that was such an awesome game.. someone who finally knows about the game. everytime i mention it to mates i just get blank expressions.

Grim_Heaper94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 Grim_Heaper94
Member since 2009 • 4574 Posts
Did somone say Skitchin'! That game rocked.
gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 gunswordfist
Member since 2006 • 20262 Posts

Yes, I remember it. You could run over all the grandmas, and the toddlers. lol this game was hilarious. Used to play it all the time when I was younger.

fend_oblivion
Really?! lol I don't remember something that awesome. I just remember me struggling to get Nitro bikes and beats people with chains.
EmptySki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#24 EmptySki
Member since 2004 • 3743 Posts
It was my favorite PS1 game back in 97'. I just loved the racing and killing lol and i was only like 7 years old. I also rememeber the music being freakin' awesome! Great rock bands in that game. I need to play that game again.
_AbBaNdOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 _AbBaNdOn
I think the people who played skitchin should make fun of the guys who only played road rash hehe.
nimuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 nimuk
Member since 2003 • 751 Posts

still enjoy Road rash , its on EA Replay for PSP... stll good fun.

SU44IR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SU44IR
Member since 2008 • 665 Posts
I would kill to get someone, anyone to actually pull through and release a new one. I love bikes...
Avatar image for b3yondstupidity
b3yondstupidity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#28 b3yondstupidity
Member since 2007 • 12500 Posts
Yeah it used to be awsome, I used to play that all the time.
Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

still enjoy Road rash , its on EA Replay for PSP... stll good fun.

nimuk

yeah, all 3! I have RRII on my genesis still too! I love the code for the "Wild thing 2000" or something. :)

FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 FFCYAN
Member since 2005 • 4969 Posts

Road Rash was awesome. Even the soundtrack rocked.

Team_Supercool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Team_Supercool
Member since 2007 • 44 Posts

not to mention that, when you crashed you had to chase your bike, and boy i had some fun times playing road rash, good times good times...and yes they do need to bring the game back

Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 Ashley_wwe
Member since 2003 • 13412 Posts
Depends which one you mean... I put a lot of hours in to the Sega Mega Drive version and I also had the one for the PS1... I loved them at the time, but they may seem a bit dated now...?
araksik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 araksik
Member since 2009 • 537 Posts

I played it A LOT, when I was young. I remember my birthday (dunno what age) my friends wanted to try that game out, and they failed horribly. Then I played it and I dodged all the cars and they were like "WOAAH, YOU ARE GOOD" and then I thought to myself "What the hell are these scrubs talking about? it ain't hard."

gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 gunswordfist

not to mention that, when you crashed you had to chase your bike, and boy i had some fun times playing road rash, good times good times...and yes they do need to bring the game back

Team_Supercool
lol I LOVED that! *crashes* Here we go again! *runs after bike*
Jimilligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Jimilligan
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Also one of my favorites! They should really make a new one of these.
gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 gunswordfist
Also one of my favorites! They should really make a new one of these. Jimilligan
Yep. Yep. Yep. I just heard yesterday that the same team behind Dead Space created Road Rash. How much does that ******* ROCK?!!!
crazym1ke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#37 crazym1ke
Member since 2003 • 653 Posts

haha yeah dude i still got it laying around somewhere

clsmithj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38 clsmithj
Member since 2008 • 217 Posts

I had recently burned a Sega CD version of this game. It was real cheesy with full motion intros and early 90s grunge music playing. As I started to play all the other bike racers took off except me as I had my finger on the wrong button to accelerate. :shock: When I finally took off I started thrashing people on the road and came up to a officer standing next to his squad car, I took a swing at him and ran for it. Then I crashed into a truck that was standing still and got busted, then the game switches to a full motion scene of the cop apprehending me and taking me to his squad car where he attempts to put me in the back seat but someones already there, so he throws me in the truck of the car.

Zebra_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Zebra_3
Member since 2005 • 246 Posts

Road Rash II (GEN) is one of my faves.

Raiko101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Raiko101
Member since 2005 • 3339 Posts
This game is crying out for a remake on the Wii. Steering the bike by twisting the nunchuck and clubbing your opponents with the Wiimote. Add a 16 player online mode and everybody is happy!
OldRetroGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 OldRetroGamer
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Hi, people! If anybody of you wants a new Road Rash, then please support a petition to EA for a new Road Rash game that bases on Road Rash from SEGA and 3DO game consoles. Here is the link: http://www.change.org/petitions/electronic-arts-we-want-a-new-road-rash-game-based-on-principals-of-rr-3-and-rr-3do
Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#42 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

Great games! And great music on the later non-Genesis ones. As was already mentioned, this series is more than overdue for a modern rehaul. And Electronic Arts is still going strong. As far as I know, the Road Rash games sold well, as well. So I see no reason why it hasn't gotten the attention it deserves for so long.

amari24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 amari24
Member since 2007 • 1899 Posts

Great games! And great music on the later non-Genesis ones. As was already mentioned, this series is more than overdue for a modern rehaul. And Electronic Arts is still going strong. As far as I know, the Road Rash games sold well, as well. So I see no reason why it hasn't gotten the attention it deserves for so long.

Emerald_Warrior
I think they were actually planning a new one several years ago, but cancelled it. Road Rash was one of EA's most successful franchises outside of the sports games. It's not like Road Rash is your traditional racing game. I think it's a game that belongs on newer consoles because there are no other illegal bike racers to speak of. They could do a Road Rash HD with all the stages and music from the originals on PSN/XBLA, and then release Road Rash 6. I honestly believe a new Road Rash would be even more popular than NFS at this point.
G-Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 G-Lord
Member since 2004 • 2141 Posts

I still have the PC version. I have even beaten it even though it got very hard towards the end.

Avatar image for littlestreakier
littlestreakier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 littlestreakier
Member since 2004 • 2950 Posts

Easily one of my favorite series. I played the 3DO version to death.

NinjaLegacy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 NinjaLegacy
Member since 2012 • 189 Posts

I played Skitchin way more so fun.

skitchin_20061217_1.jpg

angryfodder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#47 angryfodder
Member since 2007 • 20490 Posts
Awesome games. For some reason I find that road rash 2 is the best in the series. Skitchin was also very cool. Does anyone know what the most recent Road rash is? I played 1-3 but I think one came out on N64 and I think playstation did a road rash jail break or something like that?