Retail store devoted to Gaming setup

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ar54ad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Ar54ad
Member since 2006 • 30 Posts

Hi guys,

I would like some feedback on a idea I have, any feedback will be appreciated.

When you buy your gaming setup accessories from the likes of keyboard, mouse, chair, monitor etc. You name it.

Would you prefer to have a place where you can buy all Gaming setup accessories all from one place rather than buying from different places?

Not only that but there will be a place for inspiration for your gaming setup?

Thanks in advance.

Gamer_Durandal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 Gamer_Durandal
Member since 2014 • 129 Posts

Interesting... but you'd have a problem with moving enough merchandise to keep such a store from going under. Gamers are fickle beasts, and we look for good bargains. To make up for the small elite group of dedicated gamers who are your target audience, you'd need to charge more - and waging a war against the giants on price is a war no one can win, they will always be able to undercut you due to the margins they operate with as well as the volume of the merchandise they order from their distributors. If they have to, they can (and sometimes do) give merchandise away to get customers.

Winning with customer service would only get you so far - you'd need to find other angles to draw in your target demographic (try-before-you-buy, liberal returns on software, gaming tournaments, etc) but it would be a tough go of it for a small player in the business.

Ar54ad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Ar54ad
Member since 2006 • 30 Posts

@gamer_durandal: Thankyou mate, I will take all the info in account. Appreciate it!

waffleboy22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#4 waffleboy22
Member since 2013 • 305 Posts

That would be a pretty great option to have, especially with the problems associated with building your own PC. Having retail experts who knew the products and could set you up with the best rig for your budget and tell you which parts went well together, or even assembled it for you if you wanted them to would be extremely preferable to having to order various parts from different locations which all come at relatively different times and which have little to know instruction with them when they arrive

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

Wouldn't mind it but with the way things are with the internet and availability of information on products online I don't think it would succeed. Reminds me very much of a Rogers that also sold car speaker set ups, that closed down in my town. My point being a store based on a single concept doesn't work and neither does one based of two most of the time.