Resident evil 4...which version?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

swordtossZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 swordtossZ
Member since 2004 • 49 Posts

I have not played the gamecupe of PS2 version of the game. I was wondering what versionw ould be best to play? The PC version or the wii version that is coming soon?

D3s7rUc71oN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 D3s7rUc71oN
Member since 2004 • 5180 Posts
Wait for the Wii version, I've heard the PC version is terrible.
Dutch_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 Dutch_Mix
Member since 2005 • 29266 Posts

Just FYI. Don't get the PS2 version. Why? See below.

(Copied from my BLOG)

So, I bought Resident Evil 4 for the PS2, right? Reason being that it was supposedly just as good as the GCN version. Well, I don't know how this rumor got started because honestly the PS2 version of Resident Evil 4 sucks! I don't even know where to begin... It's just a mess.

1. First off, the graphics aren't nearly as good as they were on the GCN version. The polygon counts on the ganados remind me of something you'd see on the PS1. Load times are around three times as long. Everything has a very washed out, and grainy look to it. The blood in the game seems to be significantly toned down, and to top it off, the framerate stutters whenever an explosion breaks out.

2. Controls. You know what words sprang to mind when I first started playing the game? "What the heck!?" Moving and aiming feel incredibly sluggish and unresponsive. It feels, seems, and looks like Leon is trying to run through quicksand. A far cry from the silky smoothness found on the GCN version.

3. The sound effects. At first, I thought there was something wrong with the audio on my tv. Why? Because the sound effects on the PS2 version have an almost muffled feel to them. They aren't nearly as crisp and clean as they were on the GCN.

4. Ammo. Okay, this is just wrong. There doesn't seem to be nearly as much ammo in the PS2 version as opposed to the GCN version. I seem to be picking up lots of Shotgun Shells in the 2-3 count, rather than the 5-10 count. Same goes for handgun ammunition.

5. And you know what's even worse than that? The enemies are much stronger. It feels like they can take almost twice as much ammo in the PS2 version. Combine this with the lack of ammo, and you've got a recipe for frustration!

6. I've also noticed that certain houses in the game (particularly at the Pueblo village)have been boarded up. So basically, some areas that you could explore in the GCN version have been cut in the PS2 version. Weak, Capcom. Very weak.

Yep. Resident Evil 4 for the PS2? Not good. Resident Evil 4 for the GCN? Well, it's so good you'll tell your grand-children about it.

Wesker16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 Wesker16
Member since 2006 • 100 Posts

The PC version blows. Wait till the Wii version comes out.

The PS2 and GC are the best versions.

DocsDeLorean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DocsDeLorean
Member since 2004 • 2532 Posts
I own the GC and the PS2 versions (and have the Wii pre-ordered), but I can tell you that having played and beaten both versions, the GC is more enjoyable, with better controls and better graphics. But if the Wii has the PS2's extras and the GC's graphics, and obviously the Wii controls, than that should end up being the best. The PC version isn't worth talking about. It's garbo from what I've read.
TrueReligion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TrueReligion_
Member since 2006 • 11037 Posts
I prefer the PS2 version--but in actuality, the GCN version is the best.
MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts

The Wii version bar none. Supposedly you can also play it with the GC controller, as well.

With that said, this belongs in the stickied thread. ;)