Resident Evil 1 REmake coming to Xbox One and Ps4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Shmiity
#1 Posted by Shmiity (6089 posts) -

Not a joke. Announced today. In my opinion one of the finest games of all time is making its way to Xbox One and Ps4. Resident Evil 1 gamecube remake.

Avatar image for nyc05
#2 Edited by nyc05 (10190 posts) -

I was reading up on this earlier. Sounds great. I will buy this for sure.

Maybe if interest in this is high enough and maybe if it sells well enough Capcom will give this sort of treatment to the other RE sequels, like RE2 and RE3. That would be awesome.

Avatar image for Blueresident87
#3 Edited by Blueresident87 (5655 posts) -

I would much rather see RE2 get this treatment...

Avatar image for Ilovegames1992
#4 Posted by Ilovegames1992 (14221 posts) -

This LITERALLY made me pop a little bit of a boner.

Day 1 purchase. Let me see the same for 2 and 3 please. If fucking CVX can have the treatment...

Avatar image for Lulu_Lulu
#5 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (19564 posts) -

Its the finest Survival Horror Game of all time but its far from being a good game.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
#6 Posted by turtlethetaffer (18546 posts) -

REmake is good, but how about Capcom either

A. Focuses on making another survival horror game that doesn't suck

or B. does a complete remake of one of the other RE's? As in totally rehauling everything we know about the game.

Avatar image for Archangel3371
#7 Edited by Archangel3371 (22742 posts) -

Yes! Now shut-up and take my money Capcom. Also remake RE2 while you're at it.

Avatar image for Buckhannah
#8 Edited by Buckhannah (715 posts) -

@turtlethetaffer said:

REmake is good, but how about Capcom either

A. Focuses on making another survival horror game that doesn't suck

or B. does a complete remake of one of the other RE's? As in totally rehauling everything we know about the game.

Capcom is almost bankrupt, this is more affordable, and happens to satisfy the fans who have been asking for this since the start of the PS3/360 generation. It's a win-win for Capcom. Easy way to bank some desperately needed money to fund bigger projects, and it creates good will with burned out fans. Capcom was on fire in gen six, hopefully this is a sign of things to come. I would love to be able to play Viewtiful Joe again. Henshin a go-go, baby!

For that and Killer 7, I would literally shit myself. PN03 as well, but realistically my chances of seeing the glory of Vanessa Schneider in 1080p are slim. :(

Avatar image for udubdawgz1
#9 Edited by udUbdaWgz1 (633 posts) -

i'm glad it's coming to the 360, but, unless, it's priced appropriately and has significant gameplay improvements and additions i'll most likely pass and wait for bargain prices.

however, i was just informed about the "dolphin emulator" for all my old cube games, lol!

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
#10 Posted by turtlethetaffer (18546 posts) -

@Buckhannah said:

@turtlethetaffer said:

REmake is good, but how about Capcom either

A. Focuses on making another survival horror game that doesn't suck

or B. does a complete remake of one of the other RE's? As in totally rehauling everything we know about the game.

Capcom is almost bankrupt, this is more affordable, and happens to satisfy the fans who have been asking for this since the start of the PS3/360 generation. It's a win-win for Capcom. Easy way to bank some desperately needed money to fund bigger projects, and it creates good will with burned out fans. Capcom was on fire in gen six, hopefully this is a sign of things to come. I would love to be able to play Viewtiful Joe again. Henshin a go-go, baby!

For that and Killer 7, I would literally shit myself. PN03 as well, but realistically my chances of seeing the glory of Vanessa Schneider in 1080p are slim. :(

If another Viewtiful Joe game was announced, or a remake, I'd probably shit myself with happiness.

Avatar image for Shmiity
#11 Posted by Shmiity (6089 posts) -

Definitely pumped about this. Price depending.

Avatar image for dakan45
#12 Posted by dakan45 (18819 posts) -

also on pc x360 and ps3, why not include those?

Avatar image for Ish_basic
#13 Posted by Ish_basic (4695 posts) -

are we talking a legitimate remake where they open up the game engine to modern graphical effects, redo the meshes with increased poly count and shaders, and beef up the texture quality or just one of these crappy HD updates where they just open up the resolution a bit and increase the textures enough so that the increased res doesn't make everything look shitty?

Avatar image for a55a55inx
#14 Posted by a55a55inx (4188 posts) -

In order for this remake to be good (in this current generation) they would need to redesign the gameplay. The controls for the original Resident Evil games were terrible, and wouldn't hold up well in this gen. Everyone has gotten used to great control schemes over the years, and having to go back to the "tank controls" of Resident Evil will be a jarring reminder of how far controls have come in gaming.

Avatar image for a55a55inx
#15 Posted by a55a55inx (4188 posts) -

@Ish_basic said:

are we talking a legitimate remake where they open up the game engine to modern graphical effects, redo the meshes with increased poly count and shaders, and beef up the texture quality or just one of these crappy HD updates where they just open up the resolution a bit and increase the textures enough so that the increased res doesn't make everything look shitty?

Considering the fact that the original games' environments were just 2D CG images, I think it's safe to assume that they're redesigning the graphics by placing actual geometry/textures in the environment.

Avatar image for zeroyaoi
#16 Posted by zeroyaoi (2450 posts) -

I have two copies of this game. I'd be more interested in a remake of 2. :P

Avatar image for blangenakker
#17 Posted by blangenakker (3240 posts) -

And its also coming to PC

Avatar image for Planeforger
#18 Posted by Planeforger (17292 posts) -

@a55a55inx said:

@Ish_basic said:

are we talking a legitimate remake where they open up the game engine to modern graphical effects, redo the meshes with increased poly count and shaders, and beef up the texture quality or just one of these crappy HD updates where they just open up the resolution a bit and increase the textures enough so that the increased res doesn't make everything look shitty?

Considering the fact that the original games' environments were just 2D CG images, I think it's safe to assume that they're redesigning the graphics by placing actual geometry/textures in the environment.

If this is just a port of REmake, then they'll still be using pre-rendered environments. I doubt they're going to do much more than update the character models and general resolution.

Avatar image for kitty
#19 Posted by kitty (115325 posts) -

@zeroyaoi said:

I have two copies of this game. I'd be more interested in a remake of 2. :P

share one with me :P

Avatar image for MrYaotubo
#20 Posted by MrYaotubo (2880 posts) -

Good stuff,I´ll enjoy that on the PC.

Avatar image for rodneycourts
#21 Posted by RodneyCourts (66 posts) -

Yeah!! One of my favorite game is on track...

It's really considering very nice features, such as self-defense items (Daggers, flash bang, Taser), First aid sprays, and mostly the characters.

I am eagerly waiting for your new Remake...All the best.

Avatar image for -Unreal-
#22 Posted by -Unreal- (24650 posts) -

It's also coming to PC.

Avatar image for zeroyaoi
#23 Edited by zeroyaoi (2450 posts) -

@kitty: Only if you promise not to break it. :o

Avatar image for EPICCOMMANDER
#24 Posted by EPICCOMMANDER (1103 posts) -

...again? Well I guess Capcom does need the money..it's just a bit sad they have to resort to remaking this game again.

Avatar image for Pffrbt
#25 Posted by Pffrbt (6612 posts) -

REmake is a genuinely awful game. It's anti-content. There's no value in it. It's so miserably boring and tedious.

Avatar image for Legend002
#26 Posted by Legend002 (13368 posts) -

Please include a platinum trophy!

Avatar image for Shmiity
#27 Posted by Shmiity (6089 posts) -

@Pffrbt: Our lord and savior, Shinji Mikami, will deal with you in the next life.

Avatar image for CTR360
#28 Posted by CTR360 (8376 posts) -

i have the game cube version no retail no buy for me

Avatar image for Pffrbt
#29 Edited by Pffrbt (6612 posts) -

@Shmiity said:

@Pffrbt: Our lord and savior, Shinji Mikami, will deal with you in the next life.

I like Mikami's other games, I just hate oldschool RE.

Avatar image for Planeforger
#30 Posted by Planeforger (17292 posts) -

Come to think of it, I never played much of this remake. I really should boot up my Gamecube again to give it another chance (or maybe pick up the super-cheap Wii version?)

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
#31 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (9113 posts) -

It's remarkable how well the old visuals have held up. Capcom really outdid themselves with the Gamecube remake. I'm happy to see that they're touching it up for another release. I'll get it on the PC so I can play it with my Wii U Pro controller.