Requesting a Good game For Good Time killing.

Mullic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mullic
Member since 2015 • 37 Posts

As the title suggests, i'm looking for a game to kill time, and ALOT of it, in which case, here's some criteria as to what i'm asking for (READ ME BEFORE YOU CONTINUE, PLEASE make sure you read all notes before making a suggestion):

No-Go's (A.k.a things that will make the game basically unplayable for me currently):

Graphics that are too high for an AMD radeon HD 5450 "Silent" (yes i know, a horrid card, but i can't afford to upgrade...)

Price tag, higher than $20, then i can't do it.

Multiplayer, I'm Sick of this feature anymore, especially PvP.

Certain challenges, sorry to say, I've tried games like dark souls, quality is quality, don't get me wrong, but i just didn't like it...

Gameplay, By this i mean, gameplay makes the game, if there is something that is legitimately game breaking or something with in equality, then I'm certain it won't work.

Clones, Minecraft or otherwise, if it's just the exact same thing with a different texture put on it, i'm sorry, but no...(Extra note: comparing skysaga to minecraft: Not a clone, just showing an example)

No early access, sorry, i'm just gonna say it, i'm getting tired of wasting my money on games that never follow through...

Now for the things i would Like in the game (atleast 4/6 of the following please):

Gameplay, well this one seems pretty straight foward, the usual basically, good combat, decent crafting, the works.

Customization, in this case, as long as i can just make the character my own to some extent, i'm good.

Grindability, i don't mean as a requirement, more as a possibility, considering that my skill is much less then average, i would prefer this as a "fallback" for if i get stuck.

Freeroam, basically, i'm not asking for dragon's dogma style, or even skyrim, just something that let's me go back to an area for when i want to.

Replay-ability, self explanatory really.

A decent story, just enough to keep me hooked onto it.

As for things that would be a perk but are in NO WAY REQUIRED:

Sandbox, minecraft or like ark survival, either way

Crafting, Like Fallout 4's or skyrims, even Planet explorer's, this is a BIG perk.

Now for a small list of games that i have already played:

Fallout's 1, 2, tactics, 3, new vegas, and some of 4 (friends computer)

All of elderscrolls (MMO included...)

Garry's Mod, Trove, Left 4 Dead 2, Borderlands 1 and 2, secrets of grindea, forgequest, how to survive, terarria, starbound, starmade, dungeon defenders 1 and 2, two worlds 1 and 2, Stalker (not playing anymore...), project zomboid, shadowrun returns, orcs must die, unepic, spore, dark spore, starforge, timber and stone, stonehearth, sacred 2, gothic's 1 2 and 3, lego worlds (not playing anymore...), cladun x2, dungeons of dredmor, Elsword, Second Life (Never again...), warframe, legacy of kain soul reaver 1 and 2, saints row 2 3 and 4, ark survival evolved, skysaga, swtor mmo, tera, aion, hawken, spiral knights (Never again...), path of exile, robocraft (Not playing anymore...), Neverwinter MMO, Maplestory, Mabinogi, APB reloaded, FF14 World reborn, Archeage, Vindictus, Black Desert CBT 1, Rift, AQW, Kenshi, Autocraft, one way heroics, and lastly on this list, as well as most likely the most obviouse, Minecraft. (why i say this is a SMALL list? because this isn't even half of the PC titles, and the console list is even longer...)

The reason for presenting this list is to ask, Please do avoid recommending Any of these games, I have played and beaten them to a bloody death, so overall thank you for any recommendation you can give me in accordance to the REQUIRED Criteria.

EDIT: I would like to add in, Please do try to stay away from fantasy titles, if you find one that is not completely reliant on said factor, like in the sense of SOME sci fi portions Can be easily in placed (can go from simple steam-punk, to energy crystals powering giant mechs or something of that), then by all means, but otherwise, i'm very burnt out on fantasy titles...

Avatar image for jasonredemption
jasonredemption

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 17

#3 jasonredemption
Member since 2010 • 691 Posts

IF you catch the right sale (to hit that $20 mark) maybe Shadows of Mordor would be your cup of tea, I have no idea if your graphics card will handle it.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#4 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

Maybe check out:

Dust: An Elysian Tale
Torchlight 2
Pillars of Eternity
Darksiders 2
Deathspank

All of these should be less that $20 in the Steam Sale that is happening right now.

Have you played Diablo 3 yet? It should be up your alley. But not sure if you can grab it below $20 at the moment.

geforce660

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 geforce660
Member since 2015 • 9 Posts

For time killing, I'd say a good RPG, like Fallout 4 or maybe something a little older? Dishonored, Dark Souls? Or maybe something more strategic. Like Mount and Blade: Warband or CIV 5

d_parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

#6 d_parker
Member since 2005 • 2128 Posts

Far Cry 3.

fnevaeva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 fnevaeva
Member since 2005 • 617 Posts

@illmatic87: as illmatic87 said, you can get Diablo 3 and the expansion at $20 each, but you really have to keep your eye out for when blizzard puts the Reaper of Souls expansion on sale for $20, because it's normally $40. Great game though, it's still very popular and has a strong community.

Mullic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Mullic

Apologies for the lack of part, iv'e been busy for the past... 12 days? didn't think it was that long ago... anyways

@iridianraingem said:

I'm not sure how you feel about games based off of TV shows, but South Park: The Stick of Truth was a pretty good game.

Sorry to say... I'm not a fan of south park, just could'nt get into it, sorry...

@jasonredemption: sorry but, i can tell you, just from looking at it, that my card will NOT be able to play that, My card limits me to the point of "Trove" at the highest draw distance (Everything else on lowest...) is pushing it...

@geforce660: honestly, I'd love to play fallout 4... i tried to when a friend of mine offered me to play on his... all i got was "Graphic's drivers crashed and recovered" or something along those lines... Dishonored will simply be like Shadows of mordor, it won't play, and if it does, Not well at all... Dark souls i have already attempted to play... and i refuse to play again with a tutorial boss i can't even get close to beating... sorry... I have tried mount and blade on my friends game, and burnt myself out on it as well... (Trust me when i said the list above is just a short one...) Civ games iv'e seen... MIGHT give them a try, but otherwise, no guarantees.

@d_parker: same situation as the 2 above, my card will refuse to even open the game because of the power it "Coughs Up", and that power is dried blood...

@illmatic87: I've had a look at these games, they look interesting... as with CIV, i may give them a try... as for Diablo 3? ...yes my card is THAT bad... how do i know? well too much of experience has been in placed with this... "Curse"... of a card.

So to add on for this, i suppose a comparison would help for the graphics portion, think of minecraft, on the absolute Lowest settings possible, Or the fallouts (3 and vegas) in the same situation, That is the max power of my card, in overdrive, so overall, yes, my card is quite possibly, THE worst one in existance (It crashes on neverwinter, the mmo...) so basically... well... really try to stay away from the graphical games, because at this point, my card just can't handle anything beyond the above...

GKMoggleMog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GKMoggleMog
Member since 2015 • 351 Posts

I recommend Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions if you have a PSP or Vita or a PSP emulator. Huge game with grinding if you want and a lot to do.
The story is dark like Game of Throne and it has the best FF story imo. And the site Final Fantasy Hacktics has a lot of mods, rebalances, overhauls and fanmade expansions for the emulated or homebew versions. The other FFT games on GBA and DS are fun to play too, though nowhere near as good storywise., and they have sections on FFHacktics too. Should be less that $20 on whatever syste you get it on.

You said you don't want multiplayer, but I will recommend Final Fantasy XI anyways. Its an MMO, but it has been made where you can solo to max level without needing anyone else. It's a HUGE HUGE HUGE open world game designed after the old Final Fantasy style of having and overworld with a bunch of dungeons connected to it to explore, and the dungeons are all open world. The combat is very slow but made in a way where it is just like the old turn based Final Fantasy style except it happens in the open world. The combat is really genius. The combat also allows for all the Job classes to play in their own distinct way that the new FF games have ruined with their fast action combat. Blue Mage for example has to learn its abilities and spells from monsters, so you'll have to travel the world looking for monsters whose attacks you want to learn and collect them. Or my personal favorite, the Puppet Master which is the Job of a true tactician who builds different types of automations to fill the roles needed or to serve a certain strategy. You have to gather tons of parts you want to install on your automation and each part has its own stats and abilities it can add to the automation.

There's 6 Jobs to start off as, and 16 more you can unlock once you reach level 30. All can be unlocked and leveled on a single character. The music is some of the best in the whole FF series. The areas are all well designed and still some of my favorite out of any game. It has memorable characters. The stories are all very very good and will bring you to tears as old FF games tend to do. The story just recently completed a few months ago, so you have 14 or 15 years of story and content to play through.

It's a super deep, hugely huge, high quality RPG that is one of the best ever made. The only thing you may have a problem with is the sub fee and multiplayer, though the community is notoriously very good and there's no PVP except if you sign up for scheduled fights that the players will have to organize. The complete collection of xpacs and addons is on sale for $20 right now at Amazon and Steam, and the sub is $10 I think. Asura server is the most populated, and the Reddit Linkshell (Guild) should be helpful getting you started if you choose to join the game and want to socialize. And you will be able to play it at high graphics. You'll likely want to use Windower which is a program that adds addons, and you'll want to look at guides to increase the graphics resolution to make the game look good.

Mullic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Mullic

@gkmogglemog: My psp is unfortunately Broken, and my Card (yes it really is this bad...) has issues with emulators of most kinds... Trust me, I've tried God esters burst and even low graphic games, had to actually Reset my computer from the problem...

As for FF 11, Sorry, but i refuse to try that again... yes, again, i bought it, but the game had quite literally REFUSED to let me play, at the time, i was younger then 18, so i was cut off from the game just as i bought it, even if i did want to try it again, it's pay to play, Buy to play is my limit here, IF i we're looking for MMO's... again, sorry, But i really just don't want to deal with people in games, i do enough in life... thank you for making suggestions, but as i said, MMO's are strictly NO-GOs...

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#11 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts

I thought people naturally turned to their GTA, or their CoD, L4D type games when they needed an outlet for their virtual homicidery.

Mullic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Mullic

@Allicrombie: The GTA games i never got the purpose of in entertainment (plus i suck at driving, both in life and game...), plus, i don't think my card will be able to play Them, MAYBE 3, if i'm lucky... Call of duty... well i honestly don't like those kinds of games... the whole competitive nature of it just makes me.... dislike it... (Yes, i know i don't HAVE to do it on the hardest difficulties and such, But i still prefer not to risk becoming that way...), Left for dead i have tried... though it would normally seem like my thing, it just wasn't... fun, to me at least, mostly from the reason that when i do play it, i'm either victim to the A.I companions somehow getting me killed, or actual players getting... "Vulgarly aggressive" that my gaming skills are that lower then a dog on a controller... (Don't ask...)

And on a side note, I'm not looking for a game to go "Homicidal" on, just something to kill time that i Could actually play. (in terms of My max capabilities, being graphics mostly, Because, again, My card, is basically, The WORST you will ever see... as well as in the terms of... well... i would like to ask to stay away from the "COD" style games...)

yonyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 yonyz
Member since 2008 • 651 Posts

Umm... Freedom Fighters?

Mullic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Mullic

@yonyz: okay, looked it up, might be an option... although i don't see it on steam...?

yonyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 yonyz
Member since 2008 • 651 Posts

@mullic: yeah, it seems to be nowhere available for purchase. I guess your only option is... Never mind.