Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By sesethm
Member since 2018 • 5 Posts

Acer Predator 21 X review: The most insane laptop ever built

See the Youtube video

Full description and review of this laptop

Here: https://goo.gl/TVvHUx

There are three things you should immediately know about Acer's Predator 21 X laptop. First, it's hands-down the fastest laptop we've ever seen. Period.

Second, it's the widest laptop we've ever seen: 22.4 inches wide, 12.4 inches deep, and 2.71 inches to 3.28 inches high, front to back.

And third: It's the most expensive laptop we've seen in a long time. Sure, at $9,000, you'd think it would be the priciest ever in PCWorld history, but a 1990-era 286 laptop that cost $6,000 adjusted for inflation would be $11,367 today. So, the Predator 21 X is almost a deal, right?

But seriously, Acer's Predator 21 X isn't meant to be a mainstream product. Hell, it's not even meant to be a high-end product. It's the very definition of a showcase, low-volume, high-profile "halo" product, intended to show that Acer can produce the biggest, baddest laptop on the planet. And Acer's done just that.

Baconstrip78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 Baconstrip78
Member since 2013 • 1853 Posts

LOL laptops....

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56081 Posts

LOL riiiihgt. If I'm gonna spend that kind of money, then I'll just go buy myself a Titan V since it's only $3,000 anyways for the ultimate performance.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

lol advertisement

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

lol laptops

honestly with the advent of good tablets I don't see much point these days; maybe if you travel a lot and want a dedicated gaming system that's more than a mobile phone?

I'll take my big stationary desktop, though.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10434 Posts

nothing wrong with gaming laptops. i have one in my living room so i can game and watch tv. sure i have to keep turning up the tv volume to drown out the fan getting louder and louder. but the heat it generates warms my front room so need for the heating to be on. it's the gift that keeps on giving

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

@Macutchi said:

nothing wrong with gaming laptops. i have one in my living room so i can game and watch tv. sure i have to keep turning up the tv volume to drown out the fan getting louder and louder. but the heat it generates warms my front room so need for the heating to be on. it's the gift that keeps on giving

would be nice if it was as easy to build a laptop at home as it is a desktop. I might consider it, then.

Metallic_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By Metallic_Blade
Member since 2005 • 565 Posts

$9K and you can't even watch or burn blurays natively on it. Such a disappointment.