Red and Silver Pokemans?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

billyd5301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 billyd5301
Member since 2008 • 1572 Posts

I picked up Pokemon Silver and Red Version today for Game Boy Color at a pawn shop for $3 each. I have a few Pokemans games but I have never played them. Are Silver and Red the same thing like Silver and Gold are? And I have Pokeman Stadium for N64. That going to help me out at all? I have the adapter too for the N64 controller where I think you put the game in.

izdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 izdan
Member since 2009 • 741 Posts

silver is the sma eas silver of course and gold and silver are the smae thing except for a few pokemon

red is not as advanced as silvrwould be butis still woth playing for sme of the pokemon

ImmaMedic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 ImmaMedic
Member since 2009 • 187 Posts

If you only have the first Pokemon Stadium game, then you can only use Pokemon Red with it, not Silver. The adapter itself does not affect the handheld versions of the game, but only allows you to transpot your Pokemon team to Pokemon Stadium. If you have Pokemon Stadium 2 though, you can use the adaptor to get Mystery Gifts, which are cool items like berries and stuffed animals for Pokemon Silver/Gold/Silver.

As for the handheld games themselves, Pokemon Red, along with Pokemon Blue, are the first Pokemon games and are older than Silver/Gold. Silver takes place in another land of Pokemon not too far from where it took place in Red. Because of this, there are new Pokemon and trainers, plus some updates like being able to breed Pokemon to lay eggs and whatnot. The storyline, however, does not change at all. Still the same story, but new Pokemon and trainers.

I hope that helped, since it's been AGES since I played any Pokemon game besides Diamond and Battle Revolution...

brow3458

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 brow3458
Member since 2008 • 105 Posts

man the original pokemon (red and blue) are the best, i mean the other pokemons are good they have more pokemon and have more stuff to do but u got go for the original.

Avatar image for UltimateGamer95
UltimateGamer95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 UltimateGamer95
Member since 2006 • 4720 Posts

I picked up Pokemon Silver and Red Version today for Game Boy Color at a pawn shop for $3 each. I have a few Pokemans games but I have never played them. Are Silver and Red the same thing like Silver and Gold are? And I have Pokeman Stadium for N64. That going to help me out at all? I have the adapter too for the N64 controller where I think you put the game in.

billyd5301

Oh my goodness you really hurt my ears by saying Pokemans! It is pokemon not pokemans!! :x