Recording In Game Clips

This topic is locked from further discussion.

unr3al999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 unr3al999
Member since 2007 • 138 Posts
Hey i was looking for long time, trying to figure out how in the world can you record your gameplay from ps2 and then get it on computer. I heard there are some wires or something? Oh I dont need hints such as " Get camera and record dum****" Im pretty sure it is possible, I m just not sure how...
Threesixtyci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Threesixtyci
Member since 2006 • 4451 Posts

don't know never tried it nor do I have a TV tuner card to even try.

It's easy to connect a VCR to your PS2 and record stuff on VHS, though

With a TV tuner, you probably can connect the PS2 directly to the TV tuner card.... and then dig up some 3rd party freeware program that records the desktop to the HDD. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815153002

unr3al999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 unr3al999
Member since 2007 • 138 Posts
any one else has any ideas?
Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#4 Bgrngod
Member since 2002 • 5766 Posts

I use an ATI HD Wonder capture card. It has 2 TV Tuners on it and can also use input ports from RCA and S-Video jacks. I'd suggest not getting this specific card since it is discontinued and overpriced. ATI has all kinds of newer and better capture cards that would work with what you want to do: LINK I've been considering getting a newer one myself.

However, there is some difficulty in simply plugging in your PS2 into the card and trying to play on what is being displayed on your screen. There is a severe lag time between what the PS2 is outputting, and what is being displayed in the TV window on your PC desktop. It takes about a second or so for the PC to process it and translate into what it displays, so "playing" this way is almost impossible. The best option is to keep your console plugged into a TV that also has output ports. Run cables from these ports into the TV Capture card. You can play games on the regular TV while it dumps a signal out to the computer that is recording it.