Recommend a Game For Me...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for thewierdone2000
thewierdone2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 thewierdone2000
Member since 2003 • 1450 Posts
Hey, I am looking for a good hack and slash with a fair amount of blood and gore. I would play God of War, but I no longer have a play station 2. I currently only have an xbox 360, and a PC (which will run almost anything I throw at it). Any recommendations? Obviously a newer game is preferred, but I am not opposed to playing something made for the original xbox, or PC from a few years ago.... Thanks! PS. I couldn't find a copy of blood rayne or blood rayne 2, so that rules that out.
Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Funkyhamster
Member since 2005 • 17366 Posts

How about Ninja Gaiden? It's not really a hack and slash, but it's sort of similar... and it has lots of gore! :P

And I don't know if Devil May Cry is that sort of game either, but DMC4 is coming out soon...

Avatar image for thewierdone2000
thewierdone2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 thewierdone2000
Member since 2003 • 1450 Posts
Ninja Gaiden was amazing, but I just beat it again recently. DMC looks cool. I just need something to hold be to Tuesday (Bioshock)
sanctuary13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 sanctuary13
Member since 2007 • 467 Posts

if you want a god of war-esque experience on the xbox, its a bit tricky. there are tons of action games for the good ol' 'box, but not many of that hack n slash style. my best advice would be to just get a ps2 (theyre cheap now, $99US new, probably half that used) and try a few games. Devil May Cry, Sengoku Basara (released in US as Devil Kings) is good with a Dynasty Warriors kinda feel only better, Bujingai is a GREAT title which gets overlooked (low on story, high on style), Onimusha is a popular style, mixing the hack n slash with pseudo survival horror aspects.

if you MUST stick with the Xbox, try Genma Onimusha, wait for DMC4... if you don't mind guns, try stuff like Max Payne, Stranglehold, etc, as they have similar frenetic gameplay, only with guns.

there may be many games i just cant think of, but id say if you really enjoyed GoW, stick with the PS2, or get a PS3 for Heavenly Sword...

outbreak201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#5 outbreak201
Member since 2005 • 8372 Posts

any of these...(there my favorites)

UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#6 UpInFlames
Member since 2004 • 13301 Posts

Please use the floated game recommendation thread.