GalvatronType_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 GalvatronType_R  Online
Member since 2003 • 3106 Posts

Facebook paid Capcom a lot of money to make the VR game exclusive to Oculus plus they paid for the entirety of the port to VR.

There is no way that Facebook would pay all that money to Capcom just to let them make a competing remake of the same game to debut on other platforms.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11666 Posts

That's good if you ask me. I replayed 4 recently and is a very enjoyable game, once the player adjusts to how the game controls and functions it's among the finest in the series.

A full-blown remake of 4 has always come across as a waste of resources.

Good for the VR crowd though, am less inclined to care about VR editions.

Naylord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Naylord
Member since 2006 • 1110 Posts

Good. RE4 is already great and it doesn't need a remake though I'm super stoked to replay it in VR. A new Resident Evil game is better or if they need to do another remake Code Veronica is a better choice.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34596 Posts

Yeah, that's good. Really doesn't need a remake.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#5 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15913 Posts

Personally, they were testing RE4 mechanics in RE8 for the eventual RE4 remake. Capcom struck gold with the "REmake" series and its inevitable either 4 or Code Veronica Remake.

Avatar image for Alexander2cents
Alexander2cents

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#6 Alexander2cents
Member since 2012 • 705 Posts

No offense but 90% of VR games are pure novelty and trash.

I don't mind seeing Leon Kennedy in a world with Resident Evil Viiliage style graphics.

Also Capcom lies to you. Ofcourse they will remake it. Sooner or later. They didn't keep the promise of having it only on Gamecube so why would they not give you REm4ke?

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@Alexander2cents: there being a bunch of trash is kind of irrelevant. Doesn't prevent companies from doing it right. For example, SW Squadrons and Hellblade in VR are mindblowing and a solid step ahead of the flat panel experience - 100% RE has a good home on VR. Alyx is another high profile example

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#8 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@xantufrog said:

@Alexander2cents: there being a bunch of trash is kind of irrelevant. Doesn't prevent companies from doing it right. For example, SW Squadrons and Hellblade in VR are mindblowing and a solid step ahead of the flat panel experience - 100% RE has a good home on VR. Alyx is another high profile example

Lone Echo is another great one.

Alexander2cents

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Alexander2cents

@xantufrog: I mean most VR games are just novelty. Not all of them. There's a difference. Yeah most give me nausea if they don't have the digital nose.

Half-Life Alyx is default the best VR experience.

I think the big problem here is that VR is very costly for most people. It would have cost less money if we just had Resident Evil 4 remake.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@Alexander2cents said:

@xantufrog: I mean most VR games are just novelty. Not all of them. There's a difference. Yeah most give me nausea if they don't have the digital nose.

Half-Life Alyx is default the best VR experience.

I think the big problem here is that VR is very costly for most people. It would have cost less money if we just had Resident Evil 4 remake.

I'm not going to argue that there isn't a lot of VR shovelware because there certainly is, but it has come a long way with actual good titles across a lot of different genres (including a few genres that basically only exist in VR).

• Alyx
  • Squdrons
  • Elite Dangerous
  • No Man's Sky
  • Superhot (VR is the best version of this game IMHO)
  • Beat Saber (a uniquely VR game)
  • Eve: Valkyrie
  • Arizona Sunshine
  • Star Trek: Bridge Crew
  • Pretty much any flight or racing sim with support (MS Flight Sim, Arsetto Corsa, Dirt series, Jane's flight sim series, etc)
  • Swarm
  • Asgard's Wrath
  • Stormland (Insomniac developed)
  • Lone Echo (sequel later this year)
  • Defector (fun spy game)
  • Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes (asymmetric multiplayer game that only requires one person on the computer)
  • I Expect You To Die
  • Blade and Sorcery (amazing melee combat early access game)
  • Boneworks

And there's a lot more. I could keep going but VR is starting to have a decent library with at least a couple games for every type of game.

But to the topic, meh on an RE4-make. I'm more interested in this Quest 2 version. I've already played RE4 to death across so many platforms. A VR version is far more interesting to me than RE4 in RE8's engine.

Alexander2cents

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Alexander2cents

@Byshop: well. Its going to be a weird experience (knowing its the pinnacle of tps games) but im willing to try it.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@Alexander2cents said:

@Byshop: well. Its going to be a weird experience (knowing its the pinnacle of tps games) but im willing to try it.

I just hope it's not too janky. The early footage looked a bit rough, but then again it's still alpha.