tpz4sheezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tpz4sheezy
Member since 2017 • 71 Posts

i Just completed RDR2 and I am stunned. I cannot believe the amount of love and effort that was put into that game. Honestly I think it kind of ruined me for the near future because every other game is going to pale in comparison to it. I have heard a lot of people saying it was boring and that they didn’t like the new lead character and I will say there is some truth to those comments .......until you really get into the game and get used to it.

At first I was kind of disappointed with it and didn’t like the main character but after a few hours or so I was totally hooked once the game opened up and I got used to it. There is another game that felt the exact same way to me and it also is one of the best games of this gen and that game is called The Witcher 3!

Seriously guys, For those who haven’t tried it yet I’m telling you give it a shot. In my opinion it’s my fav game this gen just ahead of the Witcher 3, Monster Hunter, prey, and the last resident evil game (not re2). Just be warned after you play it all the other games will never feel the same. Play at your own risk.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11655 Posts

In my opinion it’s my fav game this gen just ahead of the Monster Hunter, and the last resident evil game (not re2)

You mean the game with the following faults-

Shooting is bad, with fans stating "you get use to it", but bad usually means bad.

Cleaning, shaving, are time wasting editions needed for certain progression.

This seems like a pacing issue. Shooting a bandits horse will get you a bounty because cruelty to animals is bad, despite this game returning the hunting feature.

Hunting seems repetitive and A.I. for animals strings from stupid to crazy.

Claims of prey vanishing has been noted commonly. movement apparently feels clunky and unresponsive

Why do so many people say Red Dead Redemption 2 is boring?

Even then likely not comparable experiences. RDR2 is a game heavy on story, and people who want to be immersed in a Cowboy simulator. And most who sing its praises have been overly bias even calling its flaws a non issue.

Doubt I would prefer those 'amazing' gameplay features over what Monster Hunter: World offers. While MH:W lacks previous games vast content, it still outshines most games, and sure the painful story sections are a problem.

What puts MH:W over everything in 2018 is it's a game with insanely deep and refined mechanics, maps with top tier level design, a flood of free DLC, and four player coop. Monster Hunter constantly continues to impress and I could play it always. No game offers better replayability in the industry than MH in my opinion.

-

Also better than Resident Evil 7 isn't a compliment. Resi7 starts as a walking simulator continues as an on-rails horror ride, with only small sections of greatness, which mimic the original and Nemesis. After Marguerite the game is mediocre.

The Remake of Resi2 is great but can't narrow an unbias opinion yet. What I can state with certainty is it's more challenging and interesting than the original version of Resident Evil 2. And much better than Resi7.

tpz4sheezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 tpz4sheezy
Member since 2017 • 71 Posts

Rsm what are you fav games this gen? Btw I must say that I have a Xbox one so I haven’t played god of war and the Sony exclusives, but the games I listed are the games I enjoyed most this gen.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@RSM-HQ said:

In my opinion it’s my fav game this gen just ahead of the Monster Hunter, and the last resident evil game (not re2)

You mean the game with the following faults-

Shooting is bad, with fans stating "you get use to it", but bad usually means bad.

Cleaning, shaving, are time wasting editions needed for certain progression.

This seems like a pacing issue. Shooting a bandits horse will get you a bounty because cruelty to animals is bad, despite this game returning the hunting feature.

Hunting seems repetitive and A.I. for animals strings from stupid to crazy.

Claims of prey vanishing has been noted commonly. movement apparently feels clunky and unresponsive

Why do so many people say Red Dead Redemption 2 is boring?

Even then likely not comparable experiences. RDR2 is a game heavy on story, and people who want to be immersed in a Cowboy simulator. And most who sing its praises have been overly bias even calling its flaws a non issue.

Doubt I would prefer those 'amazing' gameplay features over what Monster Hunter: World offers. While MH:W lacks previous games vast content, it still outshines most games, and sure the painful story sections are a problem.

What puts MH:W over everything in 2018 is it's a game with insanely deep and refined mechanics, a flood of free DLC, and four player coop. Monster Hunter constantly continues to impress and I could play it always. No game offers better replayability in the industry than MH in my opinion.

-

Also better than Resident Evil 7 isn't a compliment. Resi7 starts as a walking simulator continues as an on-rails horror ride, with only small sections of greatness, which mimic the original and Nemesis. After Marguerite the game is mediocre.

The Remake of Resi2 is great but can't narrow an unbias opinion yet. What I can state with certainty is it's more challenging and interesting than the original version of Resident Evil 2. And much better than Resi7.

I agree RE7 to me is just boring it's more scary then 6 obviously but gameplay wise RE7 is shit. As over the top and silly as RE6 is it's a much more fun game. RE2remake is a masterpiece and better then the original for me it's right up there with 4.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11655 Posts
@tpz4sheezy said:

Rsm what are you fav games this gen? Btw I must say that I have a Xbox one so I haven’t played god of war and the Sony exclusives, but the games I listed are the games I enjoyed most this gen.

I've played God of War, while an interesting game that does a few things really well. I feel its choices to differ from previous entries is a hindrance in many aspects. Over the sholder for a fast paced slasher was odd, and made combat feel clunky. The markers for attacks around Kratos was added late in development because they knew it wasn't a wise idea overall to have that camera perspective for the game. Also fighting that same troll, doing the same 'puzzles', and climbing being nerfed in the new game, are all negatives.

This is just a personal take, if people love God of War IV or Red Dead Redemption 2, more power to them or yourself. Can't speak personally on RDR2, only what I've read. Played the original and just wasn't my kind of game, I had little reason to sing its praises. Open worlds are a rare enjoyment for me, and story/ character development should not be favored over great gameplay and level design.

Anyhow some of my personal favorite games of recent memory would include Divinity: Original Sin II, Dark Souls III, The Evil Within 2, Dusk, Tearaway, Guilty Gear XRD: Rev 2, Splatoon 2, War for the Overworld, and the recent Resident Evil 2 Remake. Just to name a few. Can't state I think any are better than each other, they do what they do at an insanely high quality. And most importantly, are very fun to play. At least for me, these are also the kind of games I struggle to find faults with based within the respecting genres.

Keeping an eye out on The Outer Worlds and Ion Maiden. With my most wanted game from 2019 Devil May Cry 5.

@warmblur said:

I agree RE7 to me is just boring it's more scary then 6 obviously but gameplay wise RE7 is shit. As over the top and silly as RE6 is it's a much more fun game. RE2remake is a masterpiece and better then the original for me it's right up there with 4.

Gameplay was many an issue due to perspective, think calling VII gameplay "shit" is unfair and has mechanically much in common with the recent remake. Has gunpowder fusion, 180 spin, strats for bodypart effectiveness. And that one good puzzle 'birthday wishes' was pretty decent. However I do agree it's not all fun in Resident Evil 7. Most its failings is in level design not fitting FP, poor set pieces, and weak overall content that heavily borrows and simplifies sections from previous Resi games.

Resident Evil 6 I will always call a bad game, but a bad game I found some joy in. Mercenary mode was pretty good all considering and I really liked the Spore boss in the church. The dive back mechanic was also really fun. With that it was clearly pretending to be Gears of War more than Resi and I didn't like it for that. The QTEs didn't help either.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#7 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

I agree. I get why people might complain about certain aspects but I loved almost every single thing about it.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

This game annoyed me. The aiming is abysmal. I was SO annoyed when I finally turned off Free Aim and found I could shoot. I sold it like the next day. Rockstar didn't give a **** about the people not wanting to use shitty, casual, self-playing Soft Lock auto-aim. And why should they care? Most players like playing their games like scrubs. The character movement is poor and inefficient too. I kind of liked the world. Kind of. The game part of it was ass. Annoyingly overrated.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@ezekiel43 said:

This game annoyed me. The aiming is abysmal. I was SO annoyed when I finally turned off Free Aim and found I could shoot. I sold it like the next day. Rockstar didn't give a **** about the people not wanting to use shitty, casual, self-playing Soft Lock auto-aim. And why should they care? Most players like playing their games like scrubs. The character movement is poor and inefficient too. I kind of liked the world. Kind of. The game part of it was ass. Annoyingly overrated.

It will be so much better when it comes to PC with mouse and keyboard. I played it on the PS4 and got through the aiming it was annoying at times that's for sure but m/k with solve that issue at least for me. Any game that involves aiming will always be better with the mouse obviously.