Rate my Dreamcast collection

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kolkov01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 kolkov01
Member since 2009 • 2350 Posts

Capcom Vs. SNK

Crazy Taxi

Dead or Alive 2

Dino Crisis

Fighting Vipers 2

Jet Set Radio

Legacy Of Kain: Soul Reaver

MDK2

Omikron: The Nomad Soul

Quake III: Arena

Sonic Adventure

Soul Calibur

Shenmue

Tomb Raider: Chronicles

Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation

Toy Commander

Virtua Fighter 3

What would you rate this collection?

Also do you have any (non-expensive) recomendations?

mariokart97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 mariokart97
Member since 2009 • 913 Posts

its really good and id give it a 10 out of 10. you got all the good games i know of

Chrome-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4 Chrome-
Member since 2009 • 1744 Posts
Looks really good but no Shenmue or Sonic Adventure 2? also no Dreamcast collection is complete without ChuChu Rocket!
kolkov01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kolkov01
Looks really good but no Shenmue or Sonic Adventure 2? also no Dreamcast collection is complete without ChuChu Rocket!Chrome-
whoops, forgot to add Shenmue
silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 silent_bomber
Member since 2009 • 767 Posts

Its alright, a good start, but you've still got a long way to go yet :)

krunkfu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 krunkfu2
Member since 2007 • 4218 Posts
you need bangai-o, rez, shenmue II, project justice (is commonly sold at high prices unfortunately), and there are others i can't think of now check out racketboy.com they have a good deal of retro info especially on SEGA consoles and some people on the forums sell some pretty rare stuff once in a while (i've bought things from a few users on the site and haven't had a problem with anyone)
JReefer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 JReefer1
Member since 2004 • 898 Posts
Your fighting titles are worth a Dreamcast alone, I don't know what you mean by rate, I'd give it a 10 just because of Shenmue.
kolkov01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kolkov01
[QUOTE="krunkfu2"]you need bangai-o, rez, shenmue II, project justice (is commonly sold at high prices unfortunately), and there are others i can't think of now check out racketboy.com they have a good deal of retro info especially on SEGA consoles and some people on the forums sell some pretty rare stuff once in a while (i've bought things from a few users on the site and haven't had a problem with anyone)

I got the Xbox version of Shenmue 2
Senor_T_Dub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Senor_T_Dub
Member since 2007 • 274 Posts

I'd also add Resident Evil: Code Veronica, the pinnacle of the old-style RE games.

JaysunE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JaysunE
Member since 2009 • 37 Posts

I rate it very low because it is not a PS2 collection.

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

#12 TAMKFan
Member since 2004 • 33350 Posts

Nice. I wish I had some of those games, but I don't even have a Dreamcast.

Alter_Echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 Alter_Echo
Member since 2003 • 10724 Posts

Blue Stinger. I personally loved it even though it was immensely ( on a cataclysmic level ) flawed.

Pen Pen TriIcelon. Probably the worst game i ever enjoyed.

D2. Could have been the greatest game of all time... except they forgot to add a GAME before they released it.

Skies of Arcadia. Excellent game.

Alter_Echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Alter_Echo

I'd also add Resident Evil: Code Veronica, the pinnacle of the old-style RE games.

Senor_T_Dub
I was going to mention that but i just assumed he had it already for another system since it was ported to like everything in the years following. DC version is still imo vastly superior.
silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 silent_bomber

[QUOTE="Senor_T_Dub"]

Alter_Echo

I was going to mention that but i just assumed he had it already for another system since it was ported to like everything in the years following. DC version is still imo vastly superior.

Is there many differences between versions? I know most games which were ported from Dreamcast ended up worse on other consoles, but have never personally looked into Code Veronica.

Also Pen Pen is a great game LOL, it treads a thin line between good and funny-bad, but its still a pretty fun game on 4-player.

Alter_Echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Alter_Echo

[QUOTE="Alter_Echo"][QUOTE="Senor_T_Dub"]

Domino_slayer

Is there many differences between versions? I know most games which were ported from Dreamcast ended up worse on other consoles, but have never personally looked into Code Veronica.

Also Pen Pen is a great game LOL, it treads a thin line between good and funny-bad, but its still a pretty fun game on 4-player.

I only played the DC and PS2 versions and the DC version had much sharper textures and deeper colors and thus looked far superior overall. The PS2 had bonus material though which is why i own that version as well lol.

And to get technical, I actually own "Biohazard : Code Veronica " since i imported the game prior to its US release. I later purchased the US version as well and then later the PS2 port for the aforementioned bonus stuff.

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 silent_bomber

I only played the DC and PS2 versions and the DC version had much sharper textures and deeper colors and thus looked far superior overall.Alter_Echo

Yeah, this sounds like one of the usual suspect issues you get with DC->PS2 conversions, its due to the PS2's lower texture space, the developers usually had to downgrade the texture qualityto make them fit when porting to PS2 during that time.

FreakShow11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 FreakShow11
Member since 2007 • 183 Posts

9.5/10