5 15%
10 0%
7 15%
4 0%
9 15%
1 15%
6 15%
3 8%

I didn’t watch one presser, I just saw a few clips and trailers and clicked on a few links so I won’t vote.

I’ve read that this was one of the worst shows in years but I’m curious about what the unwashed body odor masses think.

• 
Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#1 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

A 6 for me. Was disappointed with Square Enix but Nintendo came around and delivered.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#2 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15906 Posts

5/10.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

I voted 1/10 I should of voted 0 but I missed it somehow anyways E3 was horrible.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11664 Posts

Like before, 5. Though for me personally not many new games that really grabbed me.

Only games that really stood out for me was-

Elden Ring (though not a fan of the mounting and open world aspect.)

Metroid Dread (visually looks like a HD filtered 3DS game but that's fine, looks solid as a game.)

Kazuya Mishima being in Smash was pretty cool too, pre-7 I was a huge Tekken fan, playing a lot of competitive in arcades and rank mode. So listening to his classic theme during the trailer was pretty cool.

*I felt a lot of the name drops was not ready to be shown, so got the worst kind of teaser trailer. This includes Halo Infinite, Breath of the Wild 2, S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2, The Outer Worlds 2, and even Village DLC.

Ottyandthedj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ottyandthedj
Member since 2020 • 113 Posts

I'll give E3 a 9, just based off me personally enjoying it. Being a comic book reader, Guardians of the Galaxy got me out of my seat. Sony not showing up also makes it a bit easier to not be let down lol. However I did enjoy it like I do most of the time, I liked Ubisoft's conference even though I was hoping to see splinter cell, I guess that can likely be announced sometime in the future. The final fantasy games looked great, so I enjoyed E3.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#6 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44102 Posts

I’d give it a 7 overall myself. Both Microsoft and Nintendo had a great conference and there were some other interesting games sprinkled here and the like Guardians of the Galaxy and Avatar. However there were some really disappointing moments as well like most of the SquareEnix and Capcom showings.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7221 Posts

6.5 ms only had anything I'm interested in square enix and Unisoft was garbage the pc gameshow was boring as hell.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RSM-HQ

Guardians of the Galaxy got me out of my seat

I know some will find this overly negative, yet I do not understand the love for the Guardians of the Galaxy game.

Honestly all it made me think was "what a waste of the Deus Ex developer".

Mankind Divided was divisive sure, but Human Revolution is an amazing game, bringing back a fan favorite franchise.

Instead of making the next great RPG in the Deus Ex series. They're making an RP walking third person shooter, with auto lock-on aiming. . . Pretty gross. Feel sorry for any developer that Square Enix is forcing to work on this American Super Hero contract they've got going-on. Deus Ex team just stings more, because they have a lot of talent.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#9 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24896 Posts

Its Incredible. STALKER 2 wins.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34572 Posts

I'd say a 6 now. Without Metroid Dread, probably a 4 or a 5. That's how excited I get by Metroid.

Bit dissapointed with Elden Ring. Looks more familiar to Dark Souls than I had hoped. Not sure how I feel about a more open world either, but I need to see more of that, and the combat. Also thought the graphics would be better, not that I care a whole bunch though.

Very dissapointed with STALKER 2. The trailer made it look exactly like I hoped it wouldn't. I just hope it's a trailer made only to make the game look cinematic to appeal to a broader audience, and not an accurate depiction of how the game will be like. STALKER doesn't sell to casuals, and casuals is where the money is. I was worried about if they were gonna do the sequel the series deserves, or if they're gonna do a "slight bit of STALKER, but mostly Metro and CoD". Trailer made it look like the latter, which sucks, so we'll see.

Had I not been dissapointed with the two games mentioned above, my score would probably shoot up to an 8 or so.

@RSM-HQ said:

Guardians of the Galaxy got me out of my seat

I know some will find this overly negative, yet I do not understand the love for the Guardians of the Galaxy game.

Honestly all it made me think was "what a waste of the Deus Ex developer".

Mankind Divided was divisive sure, but Human Revolution is an amazing game, bringing back a fan favorite franchise.

Instead of making the next great RPG in the Deus Ex series. They're making an RP walking third person shooter, with auto lock-on aiming. . . Pretty gross. Feel sorry for any developer that Square Enix is forcing to work on this American Super Hero contract they've got going-on. Deus Ex team just stings more, because they have a lot of talent.

Don't want to poop on someone else's party either, but yeah. I just rolled my eyes and thought about Avengers when I saw it. That was my immediate reaction and I haven't even bothered to look up the game to see if it could be good or not, I just immediately assumed it'll be crap. And your description of it makes it sound like said crap.

Sad to hear that it's the Deus Ex dev who makes it. A waste of talent indeed. Hope they wont go out of business after the abysmal sales it'll (hopefully) get for being bad.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RSM-HQ

@Litchie: Yes I think we had similar opinions with e3, Metroid Dread looks fun if just a little cheap for what they could do with the franchise.

I do not expect the greatest metroidvania ever, so long as it's almost as good as BloodStained: ROTN I'll be happy. Feel Dread needs to be better than the Samus Returns 3DS game though, which was pretty underwhelming.

Sad to hear that it's the Deus Ex dev who makes it. A waste of talent indeed. Hope they wont go out of business after the abysmal sales it'll (hopefully) get for being bad.

Personally think the market has too much of these third person/ talking games with a side of bad shooting mechanics.

Sure it is Marvel, a well known licence, and has been very popular in the last decade thanks to all those movies. However that doesn't excuse a overly done, less than inspiring looking game. That if I be really mean, looks like it was designed as a babies first video game. Just the trailers alone come across as condescending.

And if it flops? will not be the first Guardians of the Galaxus game to do so; I recall TellTale did one a few years ago, and it sold badly and was poorly received.

Waste of talent and potentially the team will literally die for Hollywood cash-grabs, thanks Square Enix.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34572 Posts

@RSM-HQ said:

@Litchie: Yes I think we had similar opinions with e3, Metroid Dread looks fun if just a little cheap for what they could do with the franchise.

Agreed. Pretty dissapointed with the visuals, but the game looked solid, fluid and fun.

@RSM-HQ said:

@Litchie: I do not expect the greatest metroidvania ever, so long as it's almost as good as BloodStained: ROTN I'll be happy. Feel Dread needs to be better than the Samus Returns 3DS game though, which was pretty underwhelming.

Didn't play Samus Returns, but I never thought it looked that great. I also already put away my 3DS when it came, and never felt like busting it out again for one game.

Still need to try BloodStained: ROTN. I thought the visuals were so boring it made the whole game look boring, and thus never bothered. Should give it a chance though, being a huge metroidvania fan, and because of the large amount of people praising it.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RSM-HQ
@Litchie said:

Still need to try BloodStained: ROTN. I thought the visuals were so boring it made the whole game look boring, and thus never bothered. Should give it a chance though, being a huge metroidvania fan, and because of the large amount of people praising it.

Am a Backer. So admittedly am a bias scumbag when it comes to Ritual of the Night, lol. And certainly the visuals (which did get better just before release) is a concern many had. For me it was if the gameplay landed.

I do not put BloodStains first attempt above better games in the genre, though was quite pleased with the final product. One aspect I do not like is the story, which overstays its welcome quite a lot, and very predictable.

If anything ROTN was a 'put up or shut-up' for Igarashi Koji san and those who use to work at Konami along side him that joined his new team. See if they still had the magic we know from CastleVania.

If someone wanted the best MetroidVanias around? ROTN would not be in a list, if written by anyone with competence or taste. Though I will say it's pretty good, for me it's a 7/10.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#14 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

Conferences were fine but without live audiences and a physical trade show, it didn’t have the same atmosphere.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

Poopey

Avatar image for GalvatronType_R
GalvatronType_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 GalvatronType_R
Member since 2003 • 3105 Posts

@Starshine_M2A2: I disagree with the live audiences part. Most of the applause chimpanzees at the pressers were plants paid by corporations to put their hands together at every menial announcement (especially at the Nintendo conferences). Microsoft could have announced a 100% price hike to GamePass Ultimate and those unctuous paid @$$ kissers in the audience would have wildly applauded as if a cancer cure had been revealed.