Ranking the Zelda games according to my playing experience.

SheldonTrever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By SheldonTrever
Member since 2019 • 2 Posts

Hey guys,

After playing BotW my Zelda obsession has been renewed, I recently bought Ocarina for the 3DS (played it a ton already on the 64) and eventually get to the Zelda games I never got a chance to play. I want to see your guys' thoughts on your ranking of the games so I can somewhat try to prioritize which ones to get through first. For assistance, I'll list them below:

Legend of Zelda

Legend of Zelda 2

Link to the Past https://www.easydrivingtest.com.au/driver-knowledge-test

Links Awakening

Ocarina of Time

Majoras Mask

Oracle of Seasons/Ages

Windwaker

Four Swords

Twilight Princess

Minish Cap

Skyward Sword

Phantom Hourglass

Spirit Tracks

A Link Between Worlds

Breath of the Wild

Triforce Heroes doesn't count, omit the ones you haven't played.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#2 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11664 Posts

I'm assuming your bottom is favorite?

Personally while I like a few things in Breath of the Wild (Dragon's Dogma climbing), the open world is shallow, focus on weapon hording and constant cooking is tedious, and the dungeons are absolute awful. Not that the ending encounter helps anything either. All aspects I hope the sequel addresses.

Never got into the 2D Zelda games, I find them very cumbersome personally. Oceania on 3DS is a marvel, 64 Majoras Mask holds an important place, Windwaker has its issues but a very good game, and Twilight Princess I honestly think does the Oceania formula best but held back being too focused on gimmicks and odd pacing, much like the later Metroid Prime games.

It's tough for many Zelda fans to swallow. But while I enjoy the series, personally don't think any of the games are as flawless or perfect as they claim. It's a fandom heavily focused on turning the cheek_

For pacing, accessibility, and a good time Ocarina of Time 3DS is the best game in the series, in my humble opinion. But later 3D Zelda entries did aspects better.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#3 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9394 Posts

Nice. My favorite Zelda games are:

• Ocarina of Time
  • A Link to the Past
  • Minish Cap
  • Link's Awakening DX
  • Twilight Princess

My least favorite is:

• Skyward Sword

@RSM-HQ: I have mixed feelings about BotW. While it may represent the exploration and discovery that Miyamoto wanted to bring to the series from the start, it's missing most of the mechanics I love about zelda games. Mainly gaining items that let you unlock areas and secrets, as well as the complex dungeons. Once I accepts the fact that it's not really a Zelda game I was able to enjoy exploring. BotW has its moments, but I would call it an average game at best.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#4 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11664 Posts

@pyro1245: I agree, to me Breath of the Wild feels like a Zelda-lite game heavily catering to people who probably still play Skyrim.

Will bring in the money (sandbox games are very popular), at the cost of distancing a few core fans of the other Zelda games; who prefer meticulous gameplay that the series is known for.