Random Legacy Platform Gaming Thoughts

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#251 Posted by Dudersaper (32951 posts) -
Not going to read the review because I plan on playing Cold Fear and don't want to risk potential spoilers. I know what you mean though :P
#252 Posted by Dudersaper (32951 posts) -
I'm playing .hack//Outbreak as I post, and just noticed a cool "easter egg" of sorts. As fans of the series know, there are those "chat" sections where you talk to members of your party through email, so I was "talking" to Wiseman about trading card games and selected "What kind of card game do you play?" and this is what he replied: "They're called Digimon Card Battles. I hate it when I get attacked by MetalGreymon. It's hard to keep losing 2 points until it ends, you know? But I know that it costs a lot to summon MetalGreymon, so it can't come too often." I just found the reference to be entertaining, and thought it was worth mentioning for any Digimon fans out there :P
#253 Posted by Shenmue_Jehuty (5211 posts) -

I have a habit (for better or worse) of completely overlooking games that I would otherwise love if I actually knew they existed. Point in case, I've been trying to finish up my Gamecube collection and while going through the entire list of NTSC Gamecube games, I discovered a shooter I had no idea was ever released in North America. I am talking about Chaos Field, which was a game I wished to import on the Dreamcast some day. Now I won't have to because my copy of Chaos Field for the Gamecube arrived in my mailbox today :D!

I can't help but think there are tons of other games I'm overlooking on other consoles. Lol I'm sure there is :p

#254 Posted by Dudersaper (32951 posts) -
Chaos Field is also on the PS2 :P
#255 Posted by Shenmue_Jehuty (5211 posts) -

Chaos Field is also on the PS2 :PDudersaper

true, but never in the North America.

#256 Posted by ImJESUS-PROam (360 posts) -
Chaos Field is also on the PS2 :PDudersaper
It's also in the Ultimate shooting collection on Wii with enhanced graphics.
#257 Posted by MLBknights58 (5016 posts) -

:|

God help me.

Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
#258 Posted by Emerald_Warrior (6581 posts) -

God help me.

MLBknights58

I got that too, I don't even know how it's possible since that account of his is banned. I'm not sure what GameSpot can do about it, though, as he just keeps making new accounts. Most of us have figured out his latest one, and now he's has a 2nd alt account active at the same time he just started up. The guy is freaking mental.

#259 Posted by ImJESUS-PROam (360 posts) -

God help me.

MLBknights58
I got the same message.
#260 Posted by Emerald_Warrior (6581 posts) -

[QUOTE="MLBknights58"]

God help me.

ImJESUS-PROam

I got the same message.

:roll:

#261 Posted by ImJESUS-PROam (360 posts) -

[QUOTE="ImJESUS-PROam"][QUOTE="MLBknights58"]

God help me.

Emerald_Warrior

I got the same message.

:roll:

Huh, still the sour puss after that other thread. I even apologized for the accusation and provided a lengthy statement, but since it contained facts your pathetic fanboy mind avoided it. Eyerolling to make yourself feel better and less insecure I see.
#262 Posted by Dudersaper (32951 posts) -

[QUOTE="MLBknights58"]

God help me.

Emerald_Warrior

I got that too, I don't even know how it's possible since that account of his is banned. I'm not sure what GameSpot can do about it, though, as he just keeps making new accounts. Most of us have figured out his latest one, and now he's has a 2nd alt account active at the same time he just started up. The guy is freaking mental.

I got it too, was about to post about it here. And yeah, the guy must have some serious issues. lol@jesuspro getting the message
Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
#263 Posted by Eikichi-Onizuka (9070 posts) -
I got the same message, three times in a row. (Four if I count the first time a few months ago).
#264 Posted by critorkong (53 posts) -
In system wars Nintendo, Playstation, and Xbox fanboys are nicknamed sheep, cows, and lemmings, respectively. What were Sega fanboys called before they fell? Just curious.
#265 Posted by Renegade_Fury (19717 posts) -

In system wars Nintendo, Playstation, and Xbox fanboys are nicknamed sheep, cows, and lemmings, respectively. What were Sega fanboys called before they fell? Just curious.critorkong

They never had one. The nicknames came out around 2002 or 2003 from what I remember, and SEGA was gone by that time.

#267 Posted by Exceed20XX (803 posts) -

The amount of attention that name seems to get around here almost makes it seem legendary in terms of trolling.

#268 Posted by Emerald_Warrior (6581 posts) -

The amount of attention that name seems to get around here almost makes it seem legendary in terms of trolling.

Exceed20XX

What's legendary about it is the fact that he keeps doing it over and over again and he isn't perma-banned yet.

#269 Posted by MLBknights58 (5016 posts) -

Exceed20XX

He wasn't really a troll.. trolls are usually funny and or clever in my mind.

48 is more of a rampaging dickhead.  Been comin here for over a year now I think.  He's relentless.

#270 Posted by BarbaricAvatar (982 posts) -

[QUOTE="Exceed20XX"]

MLBknights58

He wasn't really a troll.. trolls are usually funny and or clever in my mind.

48 is more of a rampaging dickhead.  Been comin here for over a year now I think.  He's relentless.

Not necessarily. Trolls are just looking for a reaction, no matter what the statement. As for 48, he uses the Legacy forums as a means of bumping up his post count fast so that he can post in System Wars sooner. He knows here that with every outlandish statement he makes, someone will be offended and enter into a long post-count-boosting argument with him.

48's got nothing better to do. Probably is over 30 and still lives with his mom so has zero responsibilities or bills. Can't afford to legitimately buy the games he wants, so spends his entire time chasing people online who he feels 'wronged' by.

Because without a life, you have no perspective on what doesn't matter.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
#271 Posted by deactivated-57ad0e5285d73 (21398 posts) -
I prefer the synthesized sound of the n64 over the digitized sound of the Saturn/psx. Not that I didn't enjoy the latter.
#272 Posted by Eikichi-Onizuka (9070 posts) -

I played some Rock n' Roll Racing and it's one of the earliest uses of licensed music(aside from TV/cartoon/movie theme songs like TMNT) that I can think of. Heard three songs so far, Born to be Wild, Highway Star, and Paranoid.

#273 Posted by Dudersaper (32951 posts) -

So I found this guy who's selling NES/GBA/ETC box replicas, they look pretty legit, but I kinda feel torn if I should buy them for my loose cartridges, cuz I'll always know they're not the "real deal". Dunno if I'd rather keep them loose or add that "fake" aspect to it so it looks complete.

#274 Posted by Shenmue_Jehuty (5211 posts) -

So I found this guy who's selling NES/GBA/ETC box replicas, they look pretty legit, but I kinda feel torn if I should buy them for my loose cartridges, cuz I'll always know they're not the "real deal". Dunno if I'd rather keep them loose or add that "fake" aspect to it so it looks complete.

Dudersaper

I think buying authentic boxes on cart-based games is totally ridiculous. The freakin box and/or instruction manual often costs as much if not more then the actual game. I believe there is something serious wrong with doing this, even if you are a collector. You should check out the Cover Project; there are tons of actual scans on classic game boxes and even custom ones you can print and place in a universal game case (link proved on Cover Project's webpage for those). Overall it is way cheaper and economical, and you don't have to worry about taking care of the super flimsy boxes of the NES, SNES ect.

#275 Posted by Shenmue_Jehuty (5211 posts) -

I can add another game to my list of games I didn't like but a lot of other people seem to love. I played the first Klonoa game tonight and got to the fourth stage before I just couldn't lay anymore. The novelty of the gameplay wore off very fast and there really wasn't anything there to keep me going after that. The reason I got to stage 4 was because I was hoping that it would get better. I thought the music was good and the platforming was solid, but aside from that, this game was highly mediocre imo.

#276 Posted by NirdBerd (2113 posts) -

I can add another game to my list of games I didn't like but a lot of other people seem to love. I played the first Klonoa game tonight and got to the fourth stage before I just couldn't lay anymore. The novelty of the gameplay wore off very fast and there really wasn't anything there to keep me going after that. The reason I got to stage 4 was because I was hoping that it would get better. I thought the music was good and the platforming was solid, but aside from that, this game was highly mediocre imo.

Shenmue_Jehuty

I'm sorry to hear that, while I've only played Klonoa 2 (which is one of my favourite platformers ever) I can only assume the gameplay is similar from what videos I've watched.

I think there's a remake on the Wii, I'm not sure if the old gameplay feels poorly aged compared to the later ones (if there is a change that is, I've only played Klonoa 2)

Ah well

#277 Posted by BarbaricAvatar (982 posts) -

Constant gaming p!ss-take:

Killing the big-bad, then getting wiped out by a pathetic minion just before you leave the room.

Grrr. :evil:

#278 Posted by Eikichi-Onizuka (9070 posts) -

[QUOTE="Shenmue_Jehuty"]

NirdBerd

I'm sorry to hear that, while I've only played Klonoa 2 (which is one of my favourite platformers ever) I can only assume the gameplay is similar from what videos I've watched.

I think there's a remake on the Wii, I'm not sure if the old gameplay feels poorly aged compared to the later ones (if there is a change that is, I've only played Klonoa 2)

Ah well

Not really, if he doesn't like the first Klonoa he probably won't care for the second either. The level design is more interesting in 2 though.
#279 Posted by Emerald_Warrior (6581 posts) -

So are back now? Is GameSpot's latest (of MANY) glitch-fests over, for now?

#280 Posted by Emerald_Warrior (6581 posts) -

So are back now? Is GameSpot's latest (of MANY) glitch-fests over, for now?

Emerald_Warrior

Nope, I spoke to soon. I just got a few moments of clarity. But we're back to glitching-out.

#281 Posted by Eikichi-Onizuka (9070 posts) -
No, prepare for this possibly continue still for a few days after E3.
#282 Posted by Darkman2007 (17926 posts) -

No, prepare for this possibly continue still for a few days after E3.Eikichi-Onizuka
don't think of glitches as something bad, think of them as things that emphasize whats working....

#283 Posted by Emerald_Warrior (6581 posts) -

[QUOTE="Eikichi-Onizuka"]No, prepare for this possibly continue still for a few days after E3.Darkman2007

don't think of glitches as something bad, think of them as things that emphasize whats working....

Huh?

#284 Posted by Darkman2007 (17926 posts) -

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"]

[QUOTE="Eikichi-Onizuka"]No, prepare for this possibly continue still for a few days after E3.Emerald_Warrior

Huh?

bad joke on my part.
#285 Posted by Emerald_Warrior (6581 posts) -

I teach a computer class for disabled adults looking for job skills. Basic stuff like typing, how to use the internet and email, word processing, and making cover letters and resumes.

They are a lot like kids in many aspects. So on Fridays, as a reward, I give them free time as long as they work well for me during the rest of the week.

I had recently brought in some games for free time, and among them was the Sega Smash Pack.

I just wanted to share, that right now, one of my clients is playing Sonic the Hedgehog 2 for the first time. And it's amazing to watch him. He's having an absolute blast! He's got a grin from ear-to-ear and he is very verbal and expressive as he's playing. Wish my phone could do video right now to share. I may have just created a new gamer.

#286 Posted by TigerSuperman (4331 posts) -
No comment.
#287 Posted by Emerald_Warrior (6581 posts) -

No comment.TigerSuperman

What is the point of this post?

#288 Posted by Shenmue_Jehuty (5211 posts) -

[QUOTE="TigerSuperman"]No comment.Emerald_Warrior

There was none. I reported him, although that won't keep him from creating a new acount . . again :roll:

#289 Posted by TigerSuperman (4331 posts) -

[QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

[QUOTE="TigerSuperman"]No comment.Shenmue_Jehuty

There was none. I reported him, although that won't keep him from creating a new acount . . again :roll:

We are still doing this?
#290 Posted by TigerSuperman (4331 posts) -

[QUOTE="TigerSuperman"]No comment.Emerald_Warrior

I was going to ask why you posted it but I though that may have been seen as mean from your side.
#291 Posted by Emerald_Warrior (6581 posts) -

[QUOTE="TigerSuperman"]No comment.TigerSuperman

I was going to ask why you posted it but I though that may have been seen as mean from your side.

What kind of question is that? I posted it to share it. I thought it was a cool moment, and it has to do with gaming.

#292 Posted by TigerSuperman (4331 posts) -

[QUOTE="TigerSuperman"][QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

Emerald_Warrior

What kind of question is that? I posted it to share it. I thought it was a cool moment, and it has to do with gaming.

See, that's why I didn't ask. did not mean no harm.
#293 Posted by Dudersaper (32951 posts) -

I teach a computer class for disabled adults looking for job skills. Basic stuff like typing, how to use the internet and email, word processing, and making cover letters and resumes.

They are a lot like kids in many aspects. So on Fridays, as a reward, I give them free time as long as they work well for me during the rest of the week.

I had recently brought in some games for free time, and among them was the Sega Smash Pack.

I just wanted to share, that right now, one of my clients is playing Sonic the Hedgehog 2 for the first time. And it's amazing to watch him. He's having an absolute blast! He's got a grin from ear-to-ear and he is very verbal and expressive as he's playing. Wish my phone could do video right now to share. I may have just created a new gamer.

Emerald_Warrior
hah wow, that's awesome. It's always nice to show adults what they've missed out on. The same happened with my dad :P
#294 Posted by BarbaricAvatar (982 posts) -

Dudersaper

hah wow, that's awesome. It's always nice to show adults what they've missed out on. The same happened with my dad :P

Indeed. I inadvertantly got my mom into gaming last year when i let her have a go on Bejeweled3. Then i bought her 'Plants vs Zombies' as a joke and to my shock, she loved it! Then i made the mistake of loaning her 'Age of Empires 2', she won't give it back!

#295 Posted by MLBknights58 (5016 posts) -

Emerald_Warrior

Haha that's pretty sick.

I had the same feeling when I played Generations.  Renewed my love for the Sonic series, have been trying to get through the classic Sonic games in my spare time myself.  Fking special stages are too hard though, I get physically sick trying to complete the ones in Sonic 3, sh!t makes me want to vomit.

#296 Posted by BarbaricAvatar (982 posts) -

For the sake not separating my games into TOO many genres, i count Space-pilot games -such as Freelancer, X, Jedi Starfighter- as 'Flight' games and keep them with other titles such as Hawx, Ace Combat and Jane's USAF (system-separated).

Should the two genres be defined completely separately, or could one argue that they all involve piloting a flying vehicle of some form (regardless of simulation/arcade aspects)?

Much like Gran Turismo can be lumped in with Wipeout as both ultimately being racing games.

Thoughts?

#297 Posted by soul_starter (1351 posts) -
I'd love to go back and finish FFXII on the PS2, I got about 25 hours into the game and just stopped playing. I just need to dust off that old box.
#298 Posted by Eikichi-Onizuka (9070 posts) -

For the sake not separating my games into TOO many genres, i count Space-pilot games -such as Freelancer, X, Jedi Starfighter- as 'Flight' games and keep them with other titles such as Hawx, Ace Combat and Jane's USAF (system-separated).

Should the two genres be defined completely separately, or could one argue that they all involve piloting a flying vehicle of some form (regardless of simulation/arcade aspects)?

Much like Gran Turismo can be lumped in with Wipeout as both ultimately being racing games.

Thoughts?

BarbaricAvatar

I'm never picky about how genres are classified. If someone calls The Legend of Zelda an RPG, Contra a shmup, etc it doesn't bug me any. For me RPGs are RPGs, not JRPGs, WRPGs, SRPGs, action-RPGs, MMORPGs. 

(yes, subgenres are clearly different but I'm thinking of examples like in other threads where someone lists Secret of Mana as a favorite RPG and someone quotes the post to argue about it being one)

#299 Posted by Emerald_Warrior (6581 posts) -

[QUOTE="BarbaricAvatar"]

Thoughts?

Eikichi-Onizuka

I'm never picky about how genres are classified. If someone calls The Legend of Zelda an RPG, Contra a shmup, etc it doesn't bug me any. For me RPGs are RPGs, not JRPGs, WRPGs, SRPGs, action-RPGs, MMORPGs.

(yes, subgenres are clearly different but I'm thinking of examples like in other threads where someone lists Secret of Mana as a favorite RPG and someone quotes the post to argue about it being one)

Without genres and subgenres society will crumble. It will be mass chaos!!! Water turning to blood. Cats barking! MONKEY DRIVING CARS!!! OH THE HUMANITY!!!

http://global3.memecdn.com/drive-monkey-drive_gp_745921.jpg

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
#300 Posted by deactivated-57ad0e5285d73 (21398 posts) -

Bought Virtua Fighter 2 and Sonic Adventure on PSN.  It has been a long time since i've played either.  Virtua Fighter holds up well, however, in saying that I'll also say it is amazing how much this series has progressed.

Sonic Adventure, on the other hand, is kind of messy.  Not as great as I remember it.