Rage Official Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 0

#1 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

I would imagine that I won't be the only gamer picking this up. I don't know much about the game at all...been avoiding spoilers, video footage, etc, because I wish to see it as a fresh, brand-new experience. I know nothing about it, except that I got the impression that it's a cross between Doom and Borderlands, which are two of my favorite first-person shooters out there. Since the game is about two days away from official release, I figured that an official thread on ID's Rage should be up by now. Feel free to talk about the game with anything and everything Rage. I do urge you all, however, TO PLEASE PUT SPOILER TAGS IN IF YOU WISH TO SPOIL STORYLINE BITS AND MOMENTS! That way, no one's experience will be ruined until long after everyone else has played it and can freely discuss the story by then.

So have at it folks!

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#2 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Yup i'm pumped up for Rage and i've been waiting a long time to get hold of the game and i must say the graphics look amazing and i'm getting it for the PS3.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 sukraj

Oh by the way i'm from the UK so i'll have to wait until thursday before my copy arrives.

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#4 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

The more I see of Rage, the more I'm convinced it will be a definite contender for GOTY, as well as have a respectably high spot in my collection. Looks amazing!

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Metamania

I like the idea of the game showing instead of telling you what's going on...that's something I'm looking forward to exploring in Rage.

doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#6 doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts
I'm intrigued by the vehicle customization and to which extent can you do it, I'm getting this game on Tuesday, and I have barely read/watch anything for it I want to be blown away by it, does anyone know how many weapons will this game have?
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#7 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
How about some pictures?! And maybe a few links to gameplay videos? This game deserves all the attention it can get! I'm stoked for its release. :)
Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#8 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

I didn't realize it was going to be out Tuesday already. That's a very pleasant surprise, as I'm bored as hell with the game I'm playing now :D

I'm pretty excited about it. It looks like it will have an interesting story. The videos I've seen remind me a lot of Fallout 3 with the style of the graphics. I'm not a big fan of FPS's, but this looks like there will be soooooo much more to it than just shooting - driving, exploring, story, RPG aspects - I think it'll be great.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Elann2008

I didn't realize it was going to be out Tuesday already. That's a very pleasant surprise, as I'm bored as hell with the game I'm playing now :D

I'm pretty excited about it. It looks like it will have an interesting story. The videos I've seen remind me a lot of Fallout 3 with the style of the graphics. I'm not a big fan of FPS's, but this looks like there will be soooooo much more to it than just shooting - driving, exploring, story, RPG aspects - I think it'll be great.

Jackc8
Echoing what you just said: Exploration!
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Metamania

How about some pictures?! And maybe a few links to gameplay videos? This game deserves all the attention it can get! I'm stoked for its release. :)Elann2008

Usually when I do threads like these, I don't put up a lot of pictures or video links, because I think it may take a little bit for the thread to load. Instead, I use these kinds of threads as discussion. But in the case of other threads I've done, like with the MvC3 or SFxT threads, that's a little different.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Elann2008

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]How about some pictures?! And maybe a few links to gameplay videos? This game deserves all the attention it can get! I'm stoked for its release. :)Metamania

Usually when I do threads like these, I don't put up a lot of pictures or video links, because I think it may take a little bit for the thread to load. Instead, I use these kinds of threads as discussion. But in the case of other threads I've done, like with the MvC3 or SFxT threads, that's a little different.

That's what the 56k warning is for! :D
Avatar image for Shame-usBlackley
Shame-usBlackley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 Shame-usBlackley
Member since 2002 • 18266 Posts

Really not interested in Rage at this point. A lot of comparisons have been made to Borderlands, and I thought Borderlands was superb, so if this game doesn't meet or exceed Borderlands' qualty it would be a letdown to me. Couple that with my belief that Carmack and Id are completely overrated and usually rely more on making tech demos for new graphic cards than actual games, and I plan on passing on this one.

Granted, Epic used to make God-awful single-player games, and they eventually released Gears of War, one of the best single-player experiences of the generation, so anything's possible. But I'll let Carmack deliver before I go giving him a dime.

emanc93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#13 emanc93
Member since 2005 • 216 Posts

Really not interested in Rage at this point. A lot of comparisons have been made to Borderlands, and I thought Borderlands was superb, so if this game doesn't meet or exceed Borderlands' qualty it would be a letdown to me. Couple that with my belief that Carmack and Id are completely overrated and usually rely more on making tech demos for new graphic cards than actual games, and I plan on passing on this one.

Granted, Epic used to make God-awful single-player games, and they eventually released Gears of War, one of the best single-player experiences of the generation, so anything's possible. But I'll let Carmack deliver before I go giving him a dime.

Shame-usBlackley

My sentiments exactly. ID software hasn't made a decent games in years, in my opinion. I'll be reading the reviews before I think about buying this game.

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

can someone explain to me what this game's all about? From the clip or two I watched of it the game looks to be a more serious borderlands, which is cool since borderlands is an awesome game.

boixwunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#15 boixwunder
Member since 2003 • 48 Posts
really excited for this game. october is going to be a busy month. ive watched most of the gameplay videos simply because i like to know what im spending 60 dollars on before i actually pay. from what ive seen its going to be a really fun game with some extremely memorable moments involving some very fun new ways to dispatch your enemies. i took the fifth off from work to put some hours into the co op play and the single player.
ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ExoticAnimal
Member since 2010 • 39796 Posts
Never had an idea what the game was about but just started watching some videos a few days ago and looks pretty awesome. Kinda reminds me of Borderlands.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Metamania

I figured it would bring in a lot of compairisons to Borderlands...only one day to go!

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

I figured it would bring in a lot of compairisons to Borderlands...only one day to go!

Metamania

Its the first thing I thought of when seeing it. I know they are very different but it does look a lot like it in ways. some people say they are completely different but to be fair they do represent similar looking experiences

Alucard1475

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 Alucard1475
Member since 2004 • 564 Posts

I bought it from the UK, but will have to wait another 2 weeks before I can start to play.

That's the price I'm paying for beating the Australian, overpriced and criminal, digital-download system.

doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#20 doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts
and to be fair Rage was presented before Borderlands (which is a fantastic game) it's been a long time since I layed a FPS with a Uber arsenal that I want to get this ASAP
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 sukraj

My copy should arrive this thursday.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

picking it up at midnight.. pretty excited for a new ID game

IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#23 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

[QUOTE="Shame-usBlackley"]

emanc93

My sentiments exactly. ID software hasn't made a decent games in years, in my opinion. I'll be reading the reviews before I think about buying this game.

Id hasn't made a game in years you mean. It's been what? 7 years since their last one?

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#24 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
This is a dark horse for me. I haven't seen much, but Id made Doom, so I can't count it out.
Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
All Pre-loaded and ready, just have to wait until Friday now.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Metamania

IGN has rated Rage an 8.5 out of 10. Read the review here.

Also, Gamespot has rated Rage an 8.0 out of 10. You can read that review here.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 sukraj

The game won't dissapoint it's looks very interesting and it has a lenghty campaign.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Elann2008
Head over to the other Rage thread in System Wars. Apparently, Rage has technical issues.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Metamania

Not surprised by that at all.

EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#30 EvilSelf
Member since 2010 • 3619 Posts

I am definitely getting it. I watched the video review of the game and they mention 20 hour long campaign, which for a FPS is remarkable. I cant wait to start playing it and thats before Skyrim comes out next month.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 sukraj

I am definitely getting it. I watched the video review of the game and they mention 20 hour long campaign, which for a FPS is remarkable. I cant wait to start playing it and thats before Skyrim comes out next month.

EvilSelf

20 or 25 hours is very good for a shooter.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Metamania

After checking out the video review done excellent by Chris Watters, I'm interested to see how Rage plays and feels for me!

Business_Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 Business_Fun
Member since 2009 • 2282 Posts

Having finished wiping the floor with the Horde in Gears of War 3 I'm on the lookout for more ugly people to shoot, and Rage looks as if it could scratch that itch. And a 20-odd hour campaign? I'll buy that for a dollar.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Metamania

I picked up my copy earlier (got the Anarchy edition) and will start my first playthrough on it hopefully tonight...and that's only if Dark Souls doesn't consume most of my time!

NodsToNothing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 NodsToNothing
Member since 2008 • 89 Posts

I picked up my pre-ordered 'Anarchy Edition' copy of Rage (PS3 version) this morning. So far I've played about an hour of the campaign, and two online matches.

The single-player campaign has serious texture pop-in issues, and in terms of game design, it feels a bit too linear for an open world game; while exploring, there were some areas and platforms that I was completely unable to reach, even though they were clearly, visibly accessible. However, the core shooting action feels very satisfying, and the two online vehicular combat matches I played were really enjoyable.

I'll play some more before I say anything else about the game, but I'm liking it so far.

Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#36 Jbul
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

Picked the game up on launch. Been fun so far, with the highlight being the visuals and the gameplay variety. Driving is really well done... and I'm completely shocked that this game runs in 60 FPS given the visual fidelity. Pretty cool.