Gtwerge8080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Gtwerge8080
Member since 2018 • 59 Posts

I’ve only really “gamed” in the last two years. But on that time I’ve done so pretty much to the max, and realized the other day I’m plowing through games in one week (this isn’t a brag; I suck and still need walkthroughs but anyway still...)

I’m basically sick and tired of the murder/killing, taking out bases/outposts, looting random boxes, leveling up just so you can play a differen region’s NPCs.

I’m also tired of the hostile, mandatory combat that has me slapping my couch in real life (ok, sure judge all you want).

I don’t understand why COMBAT is a prerequisite to games.

It’s no wonder kids take guns to school; some games teach you more about firearms than a public library would.

It’s just a shame; not every sick-f**k’s fantasy world is one of murder and slashing. Some people dream of going into random towns and romancing all the women, robbing the bank, holding up the pharmacy, etc.

I’m Watch Dogs 2 you can blow up steam pipes and murder anyone you want, yet crotchless-panties on a female NPC posted on Twitter cause Ubisoft to black-out the vaginas?

Yet NOT blackout gang fights, explosions, etc.

I dunno; I’m just tired of “downing” enemy NPC combatants.

Since when is every gamer’s fantasy to be a special ops war operative?

Somethings not right, but I can’t articulate it. But it may be that 2 years of non-stop gaming isn’t the target audience and I’ve out played my welcome.

gh87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 gh87
Member since 2018 • 69 Posts

What about sword-based RPGs, like Skyrim? Hmm... that's still killing a lot of enemies.

How about Mario platformers? Oh... wait, Mario can kill or stomp on Goombas and Koopa shells. Same for Kirby, which can swallow an enemy and then adapt abilities and discard them as stars... or just convert abilities into helper friends, like a snowman. Can you handle that?

How about Brain Age games, including one on 3DS? Or Wii Fit U? What about other puzzle games, like Picross 3D: Round 2, Professor Layton, Zero Escape games (including 9 Lives, 9 People, 9 Doors or something like that), etc.

There are simulators, like Cooking Mama, Nintendogs, Harvest Moon (which is later renamed), Animal Crossing, The Sims, etc.

Not all games are like what you described.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#3 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

Look harder. Maybe try sports, racing, puzzle, platforming, or any of the other genres that have games that don't involve combat. I understand, to a degree, that playing the same types of games over and over gets tiring. Still, there aren't a whole lot of "big" games out there that don't involve combat. But they are there if you're willing to try something new.

Also,

It’s no wonder kids take guns to school; some games teach you more about firearms than a public library would.

What the ****?

Todddow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Todddow
Member since 2017 • 916 Posts

I recommended trying something like Forza Horizon 3 or some sports games for awhile. Or put the controller down and do some old fashioned physical activity or another hobby.

As for kids and violence, I don't think video games have much if anything to do with it. It's a shift in cultural thinking as a whole that has us where we are today.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11674 Posts

@gtwerge8080:

Title of thread is misleading, should be renamed to-

sick-f**k’s. why murder and slashing in my games

Really not following your logic anyway. Plenty of games don't involve violence. And as you assume many be a sick person wanting blood, keep in mind Tetris is the best selling game of all time_

With that, for the majority I like violence in games very much, and do so without care of petty judgements from small minds. Survival Horror and Hack n' Slash are two of my favorite genres. Nothing wrong with enjoying gore, slaughter and destruction; if it's fictional.

And worth noting games/ like any form of entertainment are not proven to cause real life violence, and the matter has been heavily looked/ and researched into. So unless you have some enlightening recent studies? I would keep your hypercritical opinion to yourself.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#7 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

lol TC, it is your problem if you only buy games where you have to gun down enemies xD There are a lot of genres out there, you know?

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3130 Posts

- Hue

- Elementxl

- Spy Chameleon

Cool little indie games with no violence

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

Indie market is filled with fantastic games that are non-violent. used to be impossible to find a game that is non-violent.

I submit top of that list:

Kerbal Space Program.

Why? because it feels action pack, you get tense, excited, fun...all the emotions you get in a combat game...but no combat AND you learn something about physics.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#10 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

No killing here.

TiggyTog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TiggyTog
Member since 2017 • 324 Posts

@gtwerge8080: I mean, I play games mostly for the combat, because thats my interest.

Games can have a shit story and whatnot, as long as the combat is decent.