deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

It will never happen but I would love a full remake of the oringal game in the Rage engine with detailed gore.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7231 Posts

I doubt it happens if max Payne 3 can't get a remaster then manhunt is dead in the water.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#4 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

Highly doubtful. Especially in this climate.

Dragerdeifrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#5 Dragerdeifrit
Member since 2010 • 769 Posts

Manhunt remake is the game we don't deserve, but the one we need.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts

Wasn't this game quite controversial due to extreme gore and violence? I remember looking at the game cover and screenshots, it freaked me out

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
Member since 2015 • 1374 Posts

@omegamaster: You're essentially a murderer. Not "yes you can kill" like GTA, but literally a gore system for more violent kills and the point of game is to murder everyone. Of course they're all murderers as well, so isn't like GTA where you terrorize unsuspecting innocent people, people who won't attack you if you attack them. So in a way, I feel GTA is more sadistic than Manhunt.

DoomNukem3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DoomNukem3D
Member since 2019 • 445 Posts

We need a remastered version of chiller.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvvTh3cU8Ms

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44153 Posts

Probably not although it’s not a game that I’d be interested in anyway.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

Absolutely not. It's been known the masses hate creators intent when it comes to Rockstars less popular franchises. The media turned against RS for both Manhunt and Bully. And fans didn't exactly outcry to defend them. Leading RS to heavily censor both IPs for future releases, MH2 was even taken off shelves and forced to be changed. All the fake news complaints and constant harassment of oversensitive violence is the reason the developer doesn't even try and innovate anymore.

If you play as a good-for-nothing running down an old lady in Grand Theft Auto or something similar in Red Dead, the masses and media love it.

Do something similar in a non-openworld game? and suddenly it's shocking and should be hated.

To put it simply, the reason why Bully and Manhunt never had a chance is because they're new IPs, trying new ideas. And fans apparently don't want that.

This is why Gamers have gotten the same game from them for well over a decade. It's all they want.

DoomNukem3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DoomNukem3D

@RSM-HQ: I dont even care about Rockstar and there games and reading that makes me feel rage against gamers.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RSM-HQ
@doomnukem3d said:

@RSM-HQ: I dont even care about Rockstar and there games and reading that makes me feel rage against gamers.

Not the only one, also not exactly a fan of openworld games. Sandbox design is not very interesting in my opinion, and usually makes games worse.

I bought Manhunt though a long time ago, it's got horrible controls but thought the setting was interesting. For a 128-bit game it was interesting playing a horror game in which you are playing the horror figure.

DoomNukem3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DoomNukem3D

@RSM-HQ: I never played it, mainly know about its reputation I think the second is often called the goriest game ever but not sure how much it lives up to that.

I feel like open world/sandbox design could be interesting but from what I've played it just seems poorly executed.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 RSM-HQ
@doomnukem3d said:

@RSM-HQ: I never played it, mainly know about its reputation I think the second is often called the goriest game ever but not sure how much it lives up to that.

Got heavily censored due to the first games reputation, overall I've played far gorier games than the version we all got access to. As have probably most others into Survival Horror, or just adult rated games.

Manhunt 2 had more refined gameplay, but had an overall mediocre campaign. Not sure how much that had to do with cut content.

At anyrate I think the last three Mortal Kombat games hold that title "goriest games" proudly. I think the remake of Resident Evil 2 has to be pretty high up as well.

DoomNukem3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DoomNukem3D

@RSM-HQ: I think in general I think it's hard to measure how gory a game is since it can kinda mean different things like how detailed it is or how much there is.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 RSM-HQ
@doomnukem3d said:

@RSM-HQ: I think in general I think it's hard to measure how gory a game is since it can kinda mean different things like how detailed it is or how much there is.

Recall the argument the media had for Manhunt and Bully is its lack of fantasy, zombies/ aliens/ magic/ etc. Claiming we are playing a normal person, killing other normal people (NPCs) so felt grounded. As such Manhunt is a murder simulator.

Don't think it's normal for a 'man' to take six shotgun shots to the face. We as a player can also jump off a third floor building and be completely fine. . I don't think anything in MH is centred on realism or being grounded?

NPCs far from normal. They look and act like paper drawn stereotype goons.

I'm convinced the arguments was a ploy to get Rockstar back developing GTA games, seeing as they have no problem us running over the elderly, or all the crazy stuff one can do in GTA.

DoomNukem3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DoomNukem3D

@RSM-HQ: Yeah I recall reading a YouTube comment with someone saying GTA is arguably more sadistic since you can kill innocent people who cant defend themselves while in Manhunt you kill other murderers (haven't played it so I'm just assuming that's true). It reminds of how Night Trap was super controversial despite being tame even for its time (how does one think Night Trap is on the same level of violence that is Mortal Kombat, or hell Smash TV, Narc, and Splatterhouse?)

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 RSM-HQ
@doomnukem3d said:

while in Manhunt you kill other murderers (haven't played it so I'm just assuming that's true)

The plot of the first Manhunt involved taking out gangs for under ground entertainment. The player characters background was being a scumbag who should have been sent to the electric chair. Some detonator forces the player character to do the dictators bidding for survival.

Then involves a resistance group freeing the player; etc.

Is kind of a rip-off of Battle Royale (not the video game), or more commonly familiar James Wans Saw.

Not a great premise but more to the point I played out of the horror aspect, and it was ok I guess but appreciated Rockstar trying something different.

We had far gorier and more detailed horror games during the 128-bit generation, so it still shocks me how so many turned against an otherwise popular developer, because RS took a messily one year off developing a GTA game.

DoomNukem3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DoomNukem3D

@RSM-HQ: That premise actually sounds kinda fun in a campy way, reminds of Smash TV though that was inspired by The Running man (which I've never seen). I just know from what I've played of their games I cant expect refined gameplay from Rockstar.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 RSM-HQ
@doomnukem3d said:

I've played of their games I cant expect refined gameplay from Rockstar.

Agree with this statement.

Rockstar are good at tasteful dark humor, and catering towards open world fans.

Gameplay or level design-wise they've never really been that good. They do a serviceable job, not an exceptional one.

Raining51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Raining51
Member since 2016 • 1162 Posts

No way.