Q: GTAV Settings Help (WIN10)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sixthday6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 sixthday6
Member since 2017 • 3 Posts

Hey there, I just recently got GTA V (im so late lmao) but I'm having problems with my gameplay, so I hope y'all can help me.

Firstly, basic info about my laptop:

I have Intel i7-7500U @ 2.70GHz

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 920MX 2 Cores 4 Threads

8gb RAM DDR4

(if you need more info, then no worries!)

I lowered down the graphics settings in-game, even the anisotropic to 8x, everything is on the lowest setting.

The gameplay is laggy and the texture of the background doesn't really load that fast.

Example when I switch to Michael and he has these cut scenes on bed, when that happens, the background is completely gone like in color gray, the sound is also late. He usually shouts when waking up, but what happens to mine is that the actions first then after he changed clothes, the shouting voice will cue.

I tried this solution from a youtube video where I have to change my GTA NVIDIA settings:

Power Management Mode: prefer maximum performance

Vertical Sync: Use 3D application setting

and I had to change the priority of GTA V to either Above Normal or High.

At first it did work and even had a freaking 60fps gameplay (but ofc the textures wasnt affected like it's still on low res, just the gameplay is smooth) and it's pretty good. But when I turn it on another day, turn the priority to high again, it doesn't work that much anymore. It takes patience to bring back the smooth gameplay, but sometimes it doesn't really work and I just give up and dont play for a day.

Please help me have the perfect settings for my laptop, I would be glad if some magic tricks happen.

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#2 Diddies
Member since 2007 • 2415 Posts

The 2 Core 4 threads is your CPU. However, Have you upgraded the drivers for the 920mx through Nvidia with their Geforce Experience? It isn't a powerful graphics card and might struggle with GTA V. That GPU should never get it constantly at 60 fps. Also look to see what your PC is running in the background while this is running to identify why it would be slow.

I know people love their laptops, but laptops aren't really made to be gaming machines. The CPU market for laptops is a joke and can't even compete with low end CPUs on desktop. I would strongly advise to save up some money and build a desktop PC. It isn't hard at all. I was scared on my first build but it is just plugging stuff in and screwing it down and then updating everything. There are tons of YouTube videos online that show builds.

sixthday6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By sixthday6
Member since 2017 • 3 Posts

@Diddies: Definitely, laptops aren't really for gaming. I just wanted to play GTA V since I'm a fan of the series, but even on low settings it still struggles. I even did some of LowSpecsGamer's tips to lessen the shadows etc.

And yeah my driver is updated, I also don't have apps running while using GTA. I can't really build PCs yet since I'm still a student, I'd love to do it but I can't afford it yet. I just need to play it, even without the beauty of 60fps and high res graphics.