(PSP) Slim: Kotaku sources detail model features, 8 gb flash

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 gaminggeek
Member since 2003 • 14223 Posts

http://kotaku.com/gaming/rumor/psp-slim-details-revealed-267108.php

Keep in mind this isn't Playstation Portable 2, but rather a redesign of the original, so it will be sporting the same internal hardware. But that's about the only thing that hasn't changed.

duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts
I haven't bought a PSP yet but if they can put a system with those specs it under $170 (no camera please) I'm fairly sure I'd pick one up.
Avatar image for gqman2121_basic
gqman2121_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 gqman2121_basic
Member since 2002 • 4322 Posts

I lost my PSP on new years, and have yet to buy a new one. This is just what I've been waiting for. 8 gigs of flash for under $200 beans is a great value

If the base system is $170 I can see them doing a bundle for $200 with GOW this fall. That would move some systems.

Avatar image for blazinpuertoroc
blazinpuertoroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 blazinpuertoroc
Member since 2004 • 12245 Posts
my psp is in meh condition...so hell im buying it!
Acenso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Acenso
Member since 2006 • 2355 Posts

I said it once...And I'll say it again. This should have been put in original. What genius developer in Sony decided to make the PSP...With no built in Memory or come with a big memory stick in it already?

Anyways this is what I've been waiting for. I'll be picking one up. I've been buying some of the cheap games already too hehe(PowerStone and VP)

Oilers99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 Oilers99
Member since 2002 • 28844 Posts

Sounds interesting, and may be worth upgrading to eventually. I'm not so sure about downsizing the screen, that didn't exactly work out for the Game Boy Micro, but the rest of it sounds excellent. Better battery life and built-in memory sound incredibly useful.

Whether or not I get one will largely depend on how much I'm playing my PSP, basically. If I'm using it frequently, then I can totally see this being worth it. But I've only got five games for it currently, and though I'm playing with the system fairly regularly, it's still not quite enough to justify an upgrade yet.

T-Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#7 T-Prime
Member since 2003 • 995 Posts
Smaller size, smaller price, faster load times, internal memory, compatible with all PSP games...I am so there if this is real.
gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gaminggeek
Member since 2003 • 14223 Posts
I messed around with ridge racer on the PSP before. There really isn't a problem with the size do you guys think?
CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

A smaller screen? Unless the shrinkage is miniscule, I'll stick to my old PSP. Hopefully alongside the relaunch Sony will dramatically increase the number of PS1 games availiable for download via the store and get serious about PSP demos (which crop up in a wide variety of places, but too often on UMD and never on the PSN). Of course, this is assuming that the rumor is real. PSPSP rumors have been floating around since the original PSP it, though if they float around long enough, they will eventually be proven right given the fact that PSP is three years old and most times the guy on the wrong end of ahardware warkicks off the next round four years later.

Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts

Sounds interesting, and may be worth upgrading to eventually. I'm not so sure about downsizing the screen, that didn't exactly work out for the Game Boy Micro, but the rest of it sounds excellent. Better battery life and built-in memory sound incredibly useful.

Oilers99

It sounded to me like the screen was merely going to be slimmer, as opposed to having a smaller display size.
Kreatzion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Kreatzion
Member since 2003 • 6468 Posts

Here's hoping for the redesigned PSP to be a clam shelled model. I will definitely upgrade if that is the case. So far, all of the new features seem great. I personally don't want a camera to be integrated into the new PSP. I want this to be as cheap as possible. I bought a PSP in February and now I feel stupid. I knew a redesign was coming a lot sooner but I just couldn't wait.

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts
i cant wait to see what it looks like
TrueReligion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TrueReligion_
Member since 2006 • 11037 Posts
If it's affordable, I'll pick it up. It makes a better alternative than an iPod or Zune. I just the hope the battery life is improved in this "alleged" new model.
bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts
If they bring it out with a low price, i may consider buying one. Mayyyybe.
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
dual analog nubs so yo ucan actually play shooting games?
T-Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#16 T-Prime
Member since 2003 • 995 Posts

Here's hoping for the redesigned PSP to be a clam shelled model. I will definitely upgrade if that is the case. So far, all of the new features seem great. I personally don't want a camera to be integrated into the new PSP. I want this to be as cheap as possible. I bought a PSP in February and now I feel stupid. I knew a redesign was coming a lot sooner but I just couldn't wait.

Kreatzion

That's true. I definitely don't wanna see a camera integrated into it either, unless Sony is trying to win some sort of "Alienate Your Clientele the Fastest" award.