PSA: Massive patch has fixed ZOE HD Collection. (PS3)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

Apparently patch 2.0 came out the other day for the PS3 version, and oddly enough it's done by a different company, apparently HexaDrive, supposedly the people who were behind Okami HD, (they should handle all HD remakes from now on) have fixed Zone of the Enders 2.  As anyone who bought it before hand knows, ZOE2 was the entire reason to buy the collection.  Sadly, the collections development was handled by High Voltage Software, well known as an all around mediocre to awful developer, resulting in ZOE2 running horribly, to the point that it looked like Jehuty was moving in slow motion.  Which effectively crippled the game and rendered the collection useless.

Everything I've read on GAF about the patch, and seen on youtube suggests this is no longer a problem.  No eta on any patches for the Xbox 360.  The previous patch that everyone thought would actually do something was done by HVS, and addressed only the MGS Rising demo issues, inciting rage and tears.  I'd still love to hear from anyone here about this, because I was burned bad on this one.  So if you have a copy for PZ3 collecting dust on a shelf, please pop it in, download the patch, and let us know what you think.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts
The performance issues. We're the reason I stayed away. Are you saying all the collection games are smoother now, with higher fps?
Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts
The performance issues. We're the reason I stayed away. Are you saying all the collection games are smoother now, with higher fps?Heirren
ZOE2 HD was the main thing patched. ZOE ran pretty good all along, but no one cared because ZOE is more of a novelty than an actual meaty game. ZOE2: The Second Runner is one of the top five PS2 games of all time, and it now runs silky smooth. I just grabbed a second copy today after i heard about this patch and just got back into town and downloaded and applied it. It's freaking great. It's a beefy patch too, over half a GB. Hexadrive deserves a medal for this.