PS4 games that are similar to Nintendo games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nep321a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By nep321a
Member since 2013 • 75 Posts

So, I currently own a Wii U with NSMBU, SM3DW and DKCTF. I have enjoyed all three games and would rate them all a 9. However, as some of you may remember, I am interested in trading in my Wii U for a PS4. I mean, at this point, there's probably nothing else coming out for the Wii U that interests me much. I don't care for Bayonetta 2 or that X game or SSB or MK8 so much. So...here's my question...

How can I fill in the void of Nintendo games by only owning a PS4? Will there be games that are similar (i.e. colorful, quirky, fun, old school)? I am looking for reasonable replacements of Mario, DKC and Zelda on the PS4 (whether available now or in the future). I'm thinking maybe some of the indie games would be just as fun as Nintendo's games. Right?

Thanks

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

You simply can't.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Rayman Legends or maybe Knack? Only games out now that has the colorful, fun style to it.

I don't think any ps4 games can be compared to Nintendo games really. Nintendo has a unique style of games.

1PMrFister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#4 1PMrFister
Member since 2010 • 3134 Posts

There really aren't any Nintendo-like games on the PS4 just yet. If you're looking for retro-style games, your best bet is to get a Steam account and splurge on a bunch of 8-bit throwback games.

nep321a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 nep321a

I think you guys are missing the point. I'm talking about games such as Sly, maybe Ratchet or potential indie games that would hopefully relieve my desire to play games like Mario or DKC or Zelda.

Avatar image for jasonredemption
jasonredemption

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 17

#6 jasonredemption
Member since 2010 • 691 Posts

Ok, get a PS3 and get ModNation Racers, Little Big Planet, Sly Cooper HD Collection, Ratchet and Clank HD Collection, Jak and Daxter HD Collection, Sly Cooper 4, Ratchet and Clank Future Triology, ETC. It sounds like you know your own answer to this question. Whether or not these types of games will be on the PS4 remains to be seen.

nep321a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nep321a

@jasonredemption said:

Ok, get a PS3 and get ModNation Racers, Little Big Planet, Sly Cooper HD Collection, Ratchet and Clank HD Collection, Jak and Daxter HD Collection, Sly Cooper 4, Ratchet and Clank Future Triology, ETC. It sounds like you know your own answer to this question. Whether or not these types of games will be on the PS4 remains to be seen.

Yeah but I had Little Big Planet and thought it was lame. Controlling the sock guy (or whatever his name is) felt too low-gravity and "floaty." I loved Ratchet and Sly on the PS2 and PS3. But for some reason, games like Mario and DKC seem to have tighter gameplay and controls and are more fast paced and polished. Sigh.....I wish Nintendo would just go third party already so that I can be playing Mario on PS4. Just imagine. The best software on the best hardware. It's like the best of both worlds. Right?

joe_b1_kenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8  Edited By joe_b1_kenobi
Member since 2007 • 849 Posts

The only games that come close are the rayman games. That's why I bought a wiiU, love those colourful nintendo titles. I spent the whole of last gen on ps3 and was secretly wishing I could be playing Mario, dkc, Zelda and animal crossing. But saying that, I'm now like you and eyeing up a potential ps4 purchase for evolve and the division. It truly sucks that we can't have all the games we want on one console.