ps2/xbox multiplat games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 0

#1 polishkid99
Member since 2007 • 4787 Posts
were multiplat games better on the ps2 or xbox?
Yameneko549

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Yameneko549
Member since 2003 • 4522 Posts

Usually (for me, anyway), I found this to be the order for multiplatform games:

1) Gamecube (best graphics and controls)
2) XBox (Not as good with the graphics, but has better sound and decent controls)
3) PS2 (Best *selling*, but that's about it)

I'm sure there are a few instances where this isn't true, but from what I've played, it's always Gamecube first, then Xbox second, and PS2 last.

FirstDiscovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 FirstDiscovery
Member since 2008 • 5508 Posts

Usually (for me, anyway), I found this to be the order for multiplatform games:

1) Gamecube (best graphics and controls)
2) XBox (Not as good with the graphics, but has better sound and decent controls)
3) PS2 (Best *selling*, but that's about it)

I'm sure there are a few instances where this isn't true, but from what I've played, it's always Gamecube first, then Xbox second, and PS2 last.

Yameneko549
What the hell are you talking about, almost every mutliplat had the Best! tag on the XBOX. MUCH better graphics, faster loading times, custom soundtrack and true 5.1 support, not forgetting Online play which the GC sorely lacked
coconutkokal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 coconutkokal
Member since 2006 • 176 Posts
ps2 i think.
polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#5 polishkid99
Member since 2007 • 4787 Posts
kind of only talking about ps2 and xbox guys >,>
Yameneko549

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Yameneko549
Member since 2003 • 4522 Posts

What the hell are you talking about, almost every mutliplat had the Best! tag on the XBOX. MUCH better graphics, faster loading times, custom soundtrack and true 5.1 support, not forgetting Online play which the GC sorely lackedFirstDiscovery

GC only lacked online play because it wasn't (very) integrated into the system, and Nintendo seemed to be afraid of going in that direction. After all my hours of playing on XBL, I don't blame them. I gave up on online gaming after a while.

As far as better graphics go, it depends on the type of TV you're using. I use a 42" LCD, and I find that my GCN games have better graphics than my XBox games. Then again, I'm not using component  on either one, so HD might be differen, since the GCN only supports 480, IIRC...

For custom soundtracks and true 5.1 support, that's only important if you use those features, and if the developer impliments them. I have a 5.1 surround sound system, but I only use it with my 360, Wii, and DVD player. Custom soundtracks... I just listen to music on my PC. My music collection is WAY too big to fit on an XBox hard drive. 15+ GB at last count.

Finally, for faster loading times... I'm not going to touch it. The two systems have completely different media (DVD1 (IIRC) vs DVD5\DVD9, thus having completely different speed scaling.

kind of only talking about ps2 and xbox guys >,>polishkid99

Between those two, the XBox is better, IMO. For me, most if it has to do with the PS2's controller and how it's laid out... And the fact that the graphics tended to be horrible compared to the Xbox.

Edit: Clarified.

infamous_27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 infamous_27
Member since 2008 • 857 Posts
shooters- Xbox>PS2>Gamecube
platformers- Gamcube>PS2> Xbox
RPGs-PS2>Gamecube>Xbox