PS2 Slim Problem

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MordorFIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MordorFIN
Member since 2006 • 26 Posts

Hello i have a PS2 Slim "SPCH 77004" and there are some problem while playing games, and the problem is that some of the games are putting some messages to the screen that the cover lid is open. And the disk tray is actually closed. And some games have weird cut scene / music skipping etc. But when i put this book on the PS2 then the prob. is fixed and the games wont complain that the cover tray is open etc.

So do you know how to fix this

Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#2 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts
Leave the book on it.
Backlash24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 Backlash24
Member since 2010 • 3674 Posts
Leave the book on it.Emerald_Warrior
Yeah that's the easiest solution -- otherwise you have to fix the cover because it's not closing properly.
MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

Is skipping etc, a warning sign of the lid not closing or a dirty optic? And to the original poster, do you have issues of pop-up in the game graphics, and some stuff not drawing in at all along with those audio hiccups? I ask because one of my consoles has similar symptoms to yours... I thougt it was the optic on the fritz. I don't have the messages or the opening lid but I certainly have the audio skips (like a sampler gone mad at times) and graphic lateness...

:?

Thanks!

MordorFIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MordorFIN
Member since 2006 • 26 Posts

Is skipping etc, a warning sign of the lid not closing or a dirty optic? And to the original poster, do you have issues of pop-up in the game graphics, and some stuff not drawing in at all along with those audio hiccups? I ask because one of my consoles has similar symptoms to yours... I thougt it was the optic on the fritz. I don't have the messages or the opening lid but I certainly have the audio skips (like a sampler gone mad at times) and graphic lateness...

:?

Thanks!

MonkeySpot

I had some graphical / audio problems with Bully and GTA 3, try put a heavy book on a top of PS2 and see if that works the thing.

Amiteshwar007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Amiteshwar007
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
i bought it in october 2007 (slim)....and till now its working properly after entertaining me for hours n hours,day n night...i already hav xbox but seriously i like ps2 more....