PS2 Recommendations!!!! HELP!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for MrGamerOFCourse
MrGamerOFCourse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 MrGamerOFCourse
Member since 2012 • 171 Posts
Hi people, just recently i have brought out my ps2 and started playing it again, i did this because there are loads of games i havent completed on nearly every console haha so i thought i would start with ps2. I completed GTA III for the first time about a week ago and i gotta say i felt pretty relived to finally finish it (Even though i thought the ending was a bit sh*t). I was wondering if you could recommend some games that i must buy and complete for Ps2 These are the games i going to complete or get: Final Fantasy x, x2 Max payne 1,2 Ico The Bouncer Kingdom Hearts 1,2 The warriors Prince of Persia (only the first one atm pending on whether i like the story) Jak and Daxter 1,2,3 God of War 1,2 GTA Liberty City Stories Burnout Takedown Shadow of colossus The Punisher Yu Gi Oh Duelist of roses Simpsons road rage Would really appericate it if you could suggest some games Cheers
GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#2 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

A few reccomendations:

Persona 3 & 4, Final Fantasy XII, Metal Gear Soid 2 & 3, Dragon Quest VIII, Xenosaga: Episode 1, Max Payne 1 & 2, Onimusha, Maximo: Ghosts to Glory, Zone of the Enders 1 & 2.

I see you have The Bouncer on your list. Make sure you get that one dirt cheap, like for two dollars on Amazon. It's not worth more than that. It's extremely short.

DeafNYCPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 DeafNYCPlayer
Member since 2004 • 2314 Posts
Tales of the Abyss Shadow Heart Trilogy Fatal Frame Trilogy
alex420305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 alex420305
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
silent hill, fatal frame grand turismo 3,4 dragon ball z games, jaws unleashed, re4, mortal kombat ,tekken,jak and daxter games sly cooper and ratchet and clank games silent hill red dead revolver metal gear castlevania devil may cry to many games bro theres alot of rpgs 2
Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

A few reccomendations:

Persona 3 & 4, Final Fantasy XII, Metal Gear Soid 2 & 3, Dragon Quest VIII, Xenosaga: Episode 1, Max Payne 1 & 2, Onimusha, Maximo: Ghosts to Glory, Zone of the Enders 1 & 2.

I see you have The Bouncer on your list. Make sure you get that one dirt cheap, like for two dollars on Amazon. It's not worth more than that. It's extremely short.

GreySeal9

The Bouncer was -supposed- to be an awesome game with Jackie Chan-esque usage objects, destructable environments, etc. Even that subway train flood scene was supposed to be interactive (you fought while the station flooded).

Sadly, they cut all that stuff and what they ended up releasing was a barely memorable beat-em-up.

Also, yes, I agree with every game on your list as "must play" PS2 games. I'd also add Star Ocean: Till the End of Time.

For anyone curious as to what The Bouncer was supposed to be:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKiQNjMQkTg

-Byshop

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

I don't even know where to start in terms of recommending games on the PS2, it is simply the best system ever created, largely because of the massive amount of excellent games for the console. Here is an unofficial top 10 that I have for the system. You should get the games in it that you already don't have.

1. Zone of the Enders

2. King of Fighters 98: Ultimate Match

3. We Love Katamari

4. Gran Turismo 4

5. Final Fantasy X

6. Tekken Tag Tournament

7. Grand Theft Auto 3

8. Shadow of the Colossus

9. Armored Core 3

10. Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GreySeal9

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

A few reccomendations:

Byshop

The Bouncer was -supposed- to be an awesome game with Jackie Chan-esque usage objects, destructable environments, etc. Even that subway train flood scene was supposed to be interactive (you fought while the station flooded).

Sadly, they cut all that stuff and what they ended up releasing was a barely memorable beat-em-up.

Also, yes, I agree with every game on your list as "must play" PS2 games. I'd also add Star Ocean: Till the End of Time.

For anyone curious as to what The Bouncer was supposed to be:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKiQNjMQkTg

-Byshop

Such a shame that the Bouncer turned out the way it did.

BarbaricAvatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#8 BarbaricAvatar
Member since 2006 • 1000 Posts

Not including those you've mentioned:

-

920500_54203_thumb.jpg934025_81527_thumb.jpg931102_92501_thumb.jpg915265_27480_thumb.jpg550854_7234_thumb.jpg

927131_66429_thumb.jpg914851_25459_thumb.jpg914983_58438_thumb.jpg562459_54286_thumb.jpg925156_60502_thumb.jpg

924711_70469_thumb.jpg914659_26566_thumb.jpg920389_54780_thumb.jpg919642_50090_thumb.jpg378092_20304_thumb.jpg

927225_67893_thumb.jpg561066_44944_thumb.jpg926744_71959_thumb.jpg921111_70671_thumb.jpg914646_47505_thumb.jpg

MrGamerOFCourse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MrGamerOFCourse
Cheers people, got some really good games there, one of my mates suggested okami what do yous lot think about the game?
BarbaricAvatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BarbaricAvatar

Cheers people, got some really good games there, one of my mates suggested okami what do yous lot think about the game?MrGamerOFCourse

It's fantastic. Though if you don't like peculiar Japan-style games with no English voices (it's an invented language they speak), then you may find it hard-going.

MrGamerOFCourse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MrGamerOFCourse

ohhh ok and nah i dont mind subtitles at all, my mate said its like legend of zelda ocarina of time but like more adult kind, but a lot harder i mean like the last boss is hard haha ???

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#12 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy

Beyond Good and Evil

Onimusha: Warlords

007: Everything or Nothing

Gauntlet: Dark Legacy

Tekken 5

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts
Contra: Shattered Soldier Devil May Cry series Dragon Quest VIII Klonoa 2 Maximo: Ghosts of Glory, Army of Zin Onimusha series R-Type Final Ratchet and Clank series Resident Evil 4 Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2, Persona 3 and 4, Nocturne(if you don't mind it being really hard) Suikoden III and V Vietiful Joe 1-2 Zone of the Enders, 2nd Runner
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

LOL
everyone is just listing games that have aged terribly
I mean Gran Turismo 4?
007?
timesplitters?

Virtua fighter 4
wat

If you are even going to list multiplays like battlefront and psychonauts just play the superior pc version.

Klonoa 2 is one of the few games I can think of that has aged perfectly, and is the best PS2 game.
Any shmups are fine.
Fighting games as well, provided they haven't been re-released or just outclassed by a newer version.

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

Resident Evil Outbreak

Timesplitters 2

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 nintendoboy16

LOL
I mean Gran Turismo 4?
007?
timesplitters?

Virtua fighter 4
wat

If you are even going to list multiplays like battlefront and psychonauts just play the superior pc version.

Klonoa 2 is one of the few games I can think of that has aged perfectly, and is the best PS2 game.
Any shmups are fine.
Fighting games as well, provided they haven't been re-released or just outclassed by a newer version.

JigglyWiggly_

*insert "Deal With It" gif here*

MrGamerOFCourse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MrGamerOFCourse

Cheers people, i knew someone was going to disagree with someone haha

BarbaricAvatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BarbaricAvatar

LOL
I mean Gran Turismo 4?
007?
timesplitters?

Virtua fighter 4
wat

Any shmups are fine.

JigglyWiggly_

It's remarkable how you believe people will heed your suggestions when you talk such b'lox all over the place.

Your naivety is fascinating.

Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: -3

#19 Dudersaper
Member since 2007 • 32952 Posts
Everybody mentioned pretty much anyting I'd say, so I second pretty much every post here :P I'd like to add: Yakuza/Yakuza 2 Way of the Samurai/Way of the Samurai 2 Shinobido Imashime .hack .hack//G.U. Tomb Raider Legend/Anniversary Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy
Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Byshop  Moderator

Everybody mentioned pretty much anyting I'd say, so I second pretty much every post here :P I'd like to add: Yakuza/Yakuza 2 Way of the Samurai/Way of the Samurai 2 Shinobido Imashime .hack .hack//G.U. Tomb Raider Legend/Anniversary Fahrenheit/Indigo ProphecyDudersaper

Ack. I totally forgot about Yakuza, which is one of my favorite game series.

Bottom line is: THERE ARE TOO MANY AWESOME GAMES ON PS2!

-Byshop

Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#21 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

People like JigglyWiggly that won't enjoy a game just because it's old are really missing out. It's like people that won't watch old movies because they're in black and white. There's just so much great stuff out there that's come before. Just because something is old, doesn't automatically make it bad.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 JigglyWiggly_

[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]

LOL
I mean Gran Turismo 4?
007?
timesplitters?

Virtua fighter 4
wat

Any shmups are fine.

BarbaricAvatar

It's remarkable how you believe people will heed your suggestions when you talk such b'lox all over the place.

you're*
TheTolemac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TheTolemac
Member since 2013 • 94 Posts

People like JigglyWiggly that won't enjoy a game just because it's old are really missing out. It's like people that won't watch old movies because they're in black and white. There's just so much great stuff out there that's come before. Just because something is old, doesn't automatically make it bad.

Emerald_Warrior
>I find that weird, is that not what this place is about? >Also, great PS2 games you need to buy. They will protect you from cancer: Ghosthunder Max Payne 1 and 2 Omega Strain Rouge Trooper Ratchet and Clank games Ikaruga Gungrave overdose Mercenaries games Oni Metal of Honor Vanguard Black Time Crisis 3 Raiden III Heavenly Guardian
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 nintendoboy16
[QUOTE="BarbaricAvatar"]

[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]

LOL
I mean Gran Turismo 4?
007?
timesplitters?

Virtua fighter 4
wat

Any shmups are fine.

JigglyWiggly_

you're*

No, his use of "your" is correct.
Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Byshop  Moderator

[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"][QUOTE="BarbaricAvatar"]

nintendoboy16

you're*

lol

-Byshop

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 GreySeal9

[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"][QUOTE="BarbaricAvatar"]

nintendoboy16

you're*

lol. JigglyWiggly should just keep his mouth shut sometimes.

Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#27 Cloud_765
Member since 2008 • 111406 Posts
Dark Cloud 2.
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
Dark Cloud 2. Cloud_765
see this, and raise you Shadow Hearts: Covenant.
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 JigglyWiggly_

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"][QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"] you're*GreySeal9

lol. JigglyWiggly should just keep his mouth shut sometimes.

you're*
Avatar image for Smashbrossive50
Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Smashbrossive50
Member since 2009 • 3915 Posts
even with that many,you'll feel the same. what makes you a completely different gamer is that you all missed the ultimate Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil that is the only recommendation I know the most
MrGamerOFCourse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MrGamerOFCourse

There are never too many games haha im gonna be doing gamecube next haha

Avatar image for Smashbrossive50
Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Smashbrossive50
Member since 2009 • 3915 Posts
that's quite a cover,can anyone call a locksmith,we're done here
NightFox313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#33 NightFox313
Member since 2011 • 103 Posts

Check out both of the Zone of the Enders titles. Also I recommend that you check out the series called Armored Core. Also consider getting Soul Calibur II, Midnight Club (any of them, though I'd recommend MC3), Ape Escape 3, Medal of Honor: Frontline, any Gran Turismo (preferrably GT3) and probably some Metal Gear Solid titles would be my suggestions.

And SERIOUSLY consider getting any of the Ace Combat titles. They are some of the best games I've ever played on the PS2. Start with AC4, then work your way onto 5 and then Zero.

EDIT: I also forgot the Sly Cooper series and Jak & Daxter.

voljin1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#34 voljin1987
Member since 2012 • 1135 Posts
killer 7 - slick gameplay and style genji - certainly not in the same league as god of war/onimusha.. but a worthy hack and slash game nonetheless final fantasy 12 - IMO the best final fantasy to date (yes its better than 7 and waay better than X) kya dark lineage - the best platformer on the PS2 period. better than jak series imo black - a decent enough shooter.. one of the better looking ps2 games.
con_matrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 con_matrix
Member since 2008 • 200 Posts
[QUOTE="MrGamerOFCourse"]Hi people, just recently i have brought out my ps2 and started playing it again, i did this because there are loads of games i havent completed on nearly every console haha so i thought i would start with ps2. I completed GTA III for the first time about a week ago and i gotta say i felt pretty relived to finally finish it (Even though i thought the ending was a bit sh*t). I was wondering if you could recommend some games that i must buy and complete for Ps2 These are the games i going to complete or get: Final Fantasy x, x2 Max payne 1,2 Ico The Bouncer Kingdom Hearts 1,2 The warriors Prince of Persia (only the first one atm pending on whether i like the story) Jak and Daxter 1,2,3 God of War 1,2 GTA Liberty City Stories Burnout Takedown Shadow of colossus The Punisher Yu Gi Oh Duelist of roses Simpsons road rage Would really appericate it if you could suggest some games Cheers

I got Road Rage recently. Seemed a lot better when I was a child to be honest