PS2 Memory Card Trouble...HELP!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BFKZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 BFKZ
Member since 2004 • 1728 Posts
Whenever I open my mem card on the the ps2 browser, the ps2 freezes and all i can do is reset...what do i do? is there anyway i can recover my saves? or maybe format the mem card?
ash10692

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#2 ash10692
Member since 2008 • 2310 Posts
When you open a game, can you still use the saves present on the memory card?
BFKZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BFKZ
When i play its no problem, i can save...but now the mem card is full and i cant access it to make some space...any games out there where u can access the mem card and delete saves from it?
kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts
When i play its no problem, i can save...but now the mem card is full and i cant access it to make some space...any games out there where u can access the mem card and delete saves from it?BFKZ
I think you can delete games saves, by using a gameshark. I have a older gameshark and it has that option, I'm not sure about the new gamesharks.
BFKZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BFKZ
I think i have gameshark 2.0...think it would work?
tsduv21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 tsduv21
Member since 2007 • 2942 Posts
Gran Turismo 3 allows you to delete data (I think). Also, I think that Wild Arms games let you do that, but I doubt you have it.
ArmoredCore55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 ArmoredCore55
Member since 2005 • 24940 Posts
You can delete files on a PS2 memory card when you put the memory card in without using a disk. When you put the memory card in without the game, turn on the PS2, click "Browser", and select the Memory Card on the screen.
bardos-the-3rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bardos-the-3rd
Member since 2008 • 323 Posts
first thing first, have you tried your mem card on another ps2?, and even if it sounds silly have you tried to put the mem card in the second slot of your ps2? maybe it's not the mem card itself. you can get a 16mb memory card for less than 30$ so maybe its time to buy a new one(as long as you know that the problem if from the mem and not from the ps2)
BFKZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BFKZ
umm..i have two mem cards which have this problem...i have wild arms 5, but that didnt do the trick, iam sure the problem is with a corrupt file on the mem card which causes it to freeze, thats why i need to format it. if there is a way to fix this, then there is no need to buy a new one. but thanks for the help guys, any more and i would appreciate it.
sleepy35758

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 sleepy35758
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I have the same problem and i really dont feel like buying a new memory card so does any one have a solution for this?
ferranisha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 ferranisha
Member since 2008 • 466 Posts
[QUOTE="BFKZ"]When i play its no problem, i can save...but now the mem card is full and i cant access it to make some space...any games out there where u can access the mem card and delete saves from it?2ndWonder
I think you can delete games saves, by using a gameshark. I have a older gameshark and it has that option, I'm not sure about the new gamesharks.

Yerp. Old gameshark work well as i had same problem before. And "ON" the Ps without any disc in it also can do the trick. I did tried it but not as good as with the old gameshark.
BFKZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BFKZ
Interesting....thanks guys
milosef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 milosef
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I have the same problem and I think this not a memory card problem.

I am still able to save and load from games, but when I try to browse from the system it freeze. This happens in both slots.

I actually bought a new memory card and used to save new game files and also when I tried to browse this new one it freezes.

Can anyone help?

ston3henge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 ston3henge
Member since 2007 • 2732 Posts

Reformat your card wiping all information off of it or better-yet get a whole new spankin'-fresh memory card, strap one on, and start from the beginning on all of your old games... that's what I did one time when I lost all of my saves on a corrupted card. I know it sounds daunting at the start, but think of it as new replay-ability in your library.

I went back and ended up having such a good time rebuilding my saves... notice, I don't own a "Next Gen" system yet and I'm still gaming like MAD. Current games I am playing through which I had more advanced saves are "CoD 2: Big Red One", "Resident Evil: Code Veronica X", try it it's not nearly as bad as you think.

e3li7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 e3li7e
Member since 2008 • 281 Posts
I've replayed GTA: San Andreas like 4 times now because my saves keep getting corrupt. I think it does add alot to replaying them. And I'm in the same boat of not having a next gen console. I probabily couldn't list how many times I've redone sports franchise games or RPG's and games like GTA or DMC. But I've definately never had that problem of the memory card freezing. I remember some PS1 games where you could go in them and delete stuff off your card, but can't remember any PS2 games. Only one that comes to mind is Wild Arms 3.
wolfwing213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 wolfwing213
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
gameshark 2 can delete stuff i deleted my by accident and i almost finished every game on there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so does any1 no how to get the memory back!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!!?!?
gamengineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 gamengineer
Member since 2009 • 51 Posts
I know the softwares. There are two of them. Both work for me. I don't know if its safe to post them here. PM me. I'll let you know.
bigM10231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#18 bigM10231
Member since 2008 • 11240 Posts

I have the same problem and I think this not a memory card problem.

I am still able to save and load from games, but when I try to browse from the system it freeze. This happens in both slots.

I actually bought a new memory card and used to save new game files and also when I tried to browse this new one it freezes.

Can anyone help?

milosef
clean the memory card pins both system and card
Avatar image for majergameplayer
majergameplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19 majergameplayer
Member since 2009 • 85 Posts
i think that socom lets you delet spiderman batman begins...dont they all? but ya i guss clening it would be better. used ones and new ones are cheap so you wont have to loos games