PS2: FF12 or Kingdom Hearts 2 - Poll

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Pablo620

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Pablo620
Member since 2004 • 4980 Posts
I will most likely end up playing both eventually but Which do you think is better? and Why? Also feel free to answer questions such as: Why is cheese so delicious? How awesome is Chuck Norris? What would happen if Osama was the starting point guard of the Lakers? And many more. LOL jk but thanks in advance for the help.
kfjl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 kfjl
Member since 2004 • 2469 Posts

I didn't like either game so cheese >>>>>>>>>>>>> Chuck Norris >>>>>>>> FFXII > KHII. Cheese is truly remarkable though and nothing or no one should be ashamed of taking second place to cheese. I would posit that Cheez-It might be the world's most underrated food, with string cheese a very close second.

I guess if Osama was the starting PG for the Lakers, the team would really start to blow up

Alexander146

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Alexander146
Member since 2005 • 722 Posts

FF12 is one of the most epic RPGs ever to grace the PS2 with it's presence. You owe it to yourself to get it.

Fanboy? Me? :P

Cesar_Barba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Cesar_Barba
Member since 2003 • 3665 Posts

I didn't like either game so cheese >>>>>>>>>>>>> Chuck Norris >>>>>>>> FFXII > KHII. Cheese is truly remarkable though and nothing or no one should be ashamed of taking second place to cheese. I would posit that Cheez-It might be the world's most underrated food, with string cheese a very close second.

I guess if Osama was the starting PG for the Lakers, the team would really start to blow up

kfjl
The Laughing Cow beats all the cheeses in thew world, even string cheese. Anyway, as a preference, I really like KH2 A LOT, though to be honest, I just recently started playing FFXII, so I can't really comment on which one is better.
NEOSPARKING

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 NEOSPARKING
Member since 2007 • 1264 Posts
how could you compare FXII to KHII!!
isnt one a true rpg and KH more of an action rpg??
project-exile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 project-exile
Member since 2008 • 904 Posts

how could you compare FXII to KHII!!
isnt one a true rpg and KH more of an action rpg??
NEOSPARKING

I agree final fantasy 12 and kingdom hearts are two different times of game. For me I did not like final fantasy 12 because it was a mmo without the online function and sense I never played a rpg that was online it was a majorly lame. For instance when you try and run away the enemies keep chasing no matter what. I did like kingdom hearts. Sephiroth was really hard to beat. I would give both a try and see if you like them.

Avatar image for Video_Game_King
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#7 Video_Game_King
Member since 2003 • 27545 Posts

Kingdom Hearts II was brilliant. Now as to the atrocity that is Final Fantasy XII...

Final Fantasy XII. Why did they remove the gameplay? It has about as much gameplay to give to the player as Illusion of Gaia does open-endedness and total non-linearity. It hoardes the gameplay and attempts to placate you with a confusing, plodding story that's so far up its own ass, it can become a perpetual motion machine that eats its own bile.Video_Game_King

Alexander146

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Alexander146

....Ok, I am SICK of people claiming FF12's story is crap. There IS character development, the story IS good, and it IS one of the best RPGs to ever come out for the ps2.

I honestly can't believe I'm one of the only ones here who see the character/story development. -_-

Honenheim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Honenheim
Member since 2007 • 5402 Posts
Honestly FFXII has more replay value and gameplay length than KH2.
project-exile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 project-exile
Member since 2008 • 904 Posts
I did like the story with all of the politics of and the characters where cool it just was not for me. The voice of baltheir was my favorite he reminded me of setzer from ff 6 and some of what of auron with how much knowledge he had in the game. I am not saying it was a bad game I just could not get into it. Maybe it is because I am a old school gamer. I grew up with snes games and old school rpgs maybe that is why I had problems with the game. The graphics of course like always blow me away. How square enix does it still perplexes me. How square enix does those amazing 3d stuff is one of the biggest mysterious of all. I am sure final fantasy 13 will be even better.
spanky333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#11 spanky333
Member since 2004 • 885 Posts

First of all, let me say that I have yet to meet anyone here on Gamespot who I didn't have some respect for, and most people here I respect very much. I think people here have great taste, and very interesting takes on the world of gaming. That being said, I must vote for FFXII even though I haven't played past the first city yet,

Here is my beef with Kingdom Hearts in general. Final Fantasy, for me, is and was one of the greatest departures in gaming I had ever witnessed. Playing FFVII for the first time was so eye opening, so life altering... I can't even describe it. It was an obsession, it was funny and brilliant and romantic and cheesy all at the same time. Final Fantasy VIII continued this tradition, as did IX. The rest is history.

Let me restate that this is just my opinion, and I understand that people have the same emotions about the Kingdom Hearts series, but let me just say this once, and I will leave it alone. For me, seeing Cid Highwind and Squall doing business and talking seriously to Donald Duck and Goofy (!?!?!?!) was kind of a blow to the groin. For me, it was taking some of my most cherished literary characters and reducing them to the level of Bugs Bunny. I didn't make it past the first chapter of Kingdom Hearts 1, I couldn't take it. I thought "where is this going?".

So that's what I have to say about that. I have a pretty long history of not giving games a chance though (see Dark Cloud), but for me if a game isn't on it's way within two hours, it's not getting anywhere.

Short answer: FFXII, simply because I can take it seriously.

P.S: Cheese is so good though. So good.

Pablo620

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Pablo620
LOL thanks guys. Like i said i will probably play both eventually. Although i am leaning towards FF12, money is kind of tight right now so ill probably play KH2 first because i can borrow it from a friend. Thanks for the responses, please feel free to add
Poshkidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 Poshkidney
Member since 2006 • 3803 Posts
I don't know which one to choose becuase they were both great games i felt XII was better than X in everything.
Avatar image for deactivated-59b29b52e4841
deactivated-59b29b52e4841

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-59b29b52e4841
Member since 2007 • 128 Posts
Finl fantasy is awesome but ff12 ruined it so KH
Shiggums

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#15 Shiggums
Member since 2007 • 21436 Posts
FFXII, but Chuck Norris was a close second...
Alexander146

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Alexander146

Finl fantasy is awesome but ff12 ruined it so KHAlexspy99

Actually, FF12 IMPROVED the Final Fantasy games....a lot.

polarmanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 polarmanda
Member since 2007 • 1412 Posts
Playing KH2 while eating cheese while watching Chuck Norris stomping on FFXII.
skreetpreacha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 113

#18 skreetpreacha
Member since 2005 • 877 Posts

bleh, I don't consider FFXII to be a real "RPG", but more of an offline grinding MMO-type game. I'm a FF fanboy, but didn't like FF12 very much, it's SOOOO slow.

So I chose Kingdom Hearts :-)

Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#19 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
Kingdom Hearts II.
willxcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#20 willxcool
Member since 2006 • 2038 Posts
FFXII for about 100 miles
Alexander146

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Alexander146

Personally, I found FF12's battle system much better then KH's battle system. Gotta love the Gambit and License system.

And then there's the unique and engaging story, superb graphics and awesome monster designs. /opinion

Solori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#22 Solori
Member since 2007 • 462 Posts

I had a hard time picking between KH2 and FFXII. They were both equally disappointing to me. I had high hopes for both because I loved KH1 and FFX and I expected KH2 and FFXII to top their predecessors, but neither one did.

They both have fun but ultimately flawed battle systems. KH2 ends up as a button masher and the limit breaks make it much too easy. FFXII ends up being on auto pilot and the ESPers are cool but almost useless.

They both have storyline problems. The first couple of hours of KH2 end up being basically irrelevant and KH2 just totally wastes all the Riku storyline buildup making the ending somewhat disappointing. On the other hand, FFXII has some major pacing problems -- everything is so drawn out that you lose track of what's going on in the big picture.

At the same time, both games are better than most other games out there in their respective genres. So they are both definitely worth playing. I think the big difference would be whether you want an overall more serious tone and political intrigue (FFXII) or you want to relive some nostalgia and go on a somewhat more light-hearted adventure (KH2).

I decided to vote for KH2 since it is an actual sequel so you would want to play it if you played KH1. Also, it is more light-hearted, and better-paced than FFXII, which are pluses in my book.

Scubei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Scubei
Member since 2004 • 212 Posts
both game rule.......i was into both stories and I've played both till I couldn't play them anymore. But I guess I'll go with ff12. Just b/c it led me to a wider range of play.
Pablo620

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Pablo620
Awesome thanks people. And a special thanks to chuck norris and cheese.
Poshkidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 Poshkidney
Member since 2006 • 3803 Posts

[QUOTE="Alexspy99"]Finl fantasy is awesome but ff12 ruined it so KHAlexander146

Actually, FF12 IMPROVED the Final Fantasy games....a lot.

Just shows that most the fans want the same game but with a slight changes to fight over witch one is better XII was the better game in the series becuase it did something new some fans didn't like it but i did i found it the most enjoyable

PS2gamer1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 PS2gamer1013
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Right now it's pretty tight between cheese and Chuck.

On a more serious note FFXII but I've never played Kindom Hearts so my vote's pretty useless.

Lord_Regnier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Lord_Regnier
Member since 2006 • 1283 Posts
cheese.
FFuematsufan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#28 FFuematsufan
Member since 2007 • 574 Posts
both are lame, to me the question should be ff vs zelda.
haterex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 haterex
Member since 2004 • 2410 Posts

I liked Kingdom Hearts 2 more than Final Fantasy 12 so My Pick: Kingdom Hearts 2

toxic_jackal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 toxic_jackal
Member since 2007 • 1793 Posts

I've played both games, and I have to say FFXII is far better. Hell, it's my favorite game right now. I don't understand why people disown FFXII so much. I thought the battle system was extremely brilliant, the plot complex and crammed with politics(I love studying politics, preferable medieval, in general), the environments well rendered, the characters had great voice actors/actresses, and there pretty much was character development. I like the fact that I can actually see my enemies instead of just having them randomly encounter me. I have never played an mmorpg either, not a single one, so I don't know how FFXII could compare to one.

Now KH2, was somewhat of a disappointment, though not a total disappointment. The game I found was way to easy. Bosses didn't seem to be a real challenge. I have to admit though that the enemies(when you play as Sora) were quite challenging for me at the beginning of the game.

Pablo620

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Pablo620

both are lame, to me the question should be ff vs zelda. FFuematsufan

I will ask that question when both are on the same platform. That being said i still haven't played Twilight Princess even though there are 2 Wii's in my house. One my lil sister's, the other my lil brother's

SuperAgentZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32 SuperAgentZero
Member since 2007 • 476 Posts
I personally don't like FFXII. And im mad at Kingdom Hearts for having al these Disney worlds in the game and no FF worlds like Midgar. Im gonna have to go with Kindom Hearts though.
gamerboy100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 gamerboy100
Member since 2004 • 752 Posts

both are lame, to me the question should be ff vs zelda. FFuematsufan

It's not a good idea to compare an RPG to an action-adventure. That's like comparing Grand Theft Auto to Tetris!

johnnyv2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#34 johnnyv2003
Member since 2003 • 13762 Posts
to me there hasn't been a good FF since FFIX.....KH is what has been keeping the jrpg genre going for me....mix the action oriented elements on top of a very well thought out story, and the unfolding of the story....there is just no comparion to FFXII which was a mini-MMO styled game with a hastily put together story....let's hope that FFXIII brings back the Final Fantasy series to what it once was, where the characters were likable and had the greatest stories in gaming.
bloodling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 bloodling
Member since 2006 • 5822 Posts
FFXII is better, but KH is awesome! I've just started playing!
rocketman001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 rocketman001
Member since 2007 • 874 Posts
I played both of them and I say FF12 wins
Urworstnhtmare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#38 Urworstnhtmare
Member since 2008 • 2630 Posts
I personally liked FFXII better. I personally found KH2 (from what ive played of it) to be a real button masher. I guess its a question of choice really. Half are going to go for KH2, and the other half are going to go for FFXII
jamestabang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#39 jamestabang
Member since 2005 • 832 Posts
This is a hard one; still I would choose Final Fantasy XII.