PS1 Games You Never Completed

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheGamer1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TheGamer1988
Member since 2013 • 69 Posts
I was just thinking there about PS1 games I never completed. I remember Star Wars Episode 1 Phantom Menace was an annoying one, I got right until the very end were you fight Darth Maul, but I could never beat him, I actually remember I then played the entire game through again, and again I had a very low health bar when I got to Maul, and I never ever managed to finish the game and see the ending. Other difficult games I never completed include Duke Nukem Time To Kill and Land of The Babes, Dino Crisis 2 and A Bug's Life, lol just off the top of my head :D Can anyone else think of any PS1 games they couldn't finish?
WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9479 Posts

I cant really think of a game I couldnt finish, however, I REALLY want to find a copy of Ghost in the Shell... man that demo was awesome. I did beat the demo like 100 times, but I have NEVER seen an actual copy of the game, so I guess that means it has been beating me for years and years... sigh. Awesome game if you ever do run across it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fllxBaIe9aA

Avatar image for Holyspirit-Xbox
Holyspirit-Xbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Holyspirit-Xbox
Member since 2013 • 271 Posts
[QUOTE="TheGamer1988"]I was just thinking there about PS1 games I never completed. I remember Star Wars Episode 1 Phantom Menace was an annoying one, I got right until the very end were you fight Darth Maul, but I could never beat him, I actually remember I then played the entire game through again, and again I had a very low health bar when I got to Maul, and I never ever managed to finish the game and see the ending. Other difficult games I never completed include Duke Nukem Time To Kill and Land of The Babes, Dino Crisis 2 and A Bug's Life, lol just off the top of my head :D Can anyone else think of any PS1 games they couldn't finish?

Q*bert Rayman Getting first in all races in Jet Moto 2 Getting all cool modes in Parappa The first two and the last are practically impossible.
WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 WitIsWisdom

[QUOTE="TheGamer1988"]I was just thinking there about PS1 games I never completed. I remember Star Wars Episode 1 Phantom Menace was an annoying one, I got right until the very end were you fight Darth Maul, but I could never beat him, I actually remember I then played the entire game through again, and again I had a very low health bar when I got to Maul, and I never ever managed to finish the game and see the ending. Other difficult games I never completed include Duke Nukem Time To Kill and Land of The Babes, Dino Crisis 2 and A Bug's Life, lol just off the top of my head :D Can anyone else think of any PS1 games they couldn't finish?Holyspirit-Xbox
Q*bert Rayman Getting first in all races in Jet Moto 2 Getting all cool modes in Parappa The first two and the last are practically impossible.

Trying to get all perfect is Parappa would be insane... I remember playing the game for hours just trying to pass certain sections with the lowest possible score.. lol

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#5 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
I never finished any of the Metal Gear Solid games, including the PSOne version. It is my secret shame. Don't judge me! I was once like you!
Truf89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 Truf89
Member since 2006 • 4680 Posts
I never finished Final Fantasy VIII.. My disc was scratched. I can purchase it on PSN, so I'll do that someday.
Truf89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 Truf89
Member since 2006 • 4680 Posts
I never finished any of the Metal Gear Solid games, including the PSOne version. It is my secret shame. Don't judge me! I was once like you!Allicrombie
Oh you're missing out. I'd make time for those, especially Metal Gear Solid 3.
DeafNYCPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 DeafNYCPlayer
Member since 2004 • 2314 Posts
Persona, I played it for almost 100 hours. My Mega Memory Card killed all of saved datas including Persona, Final Fantasy, Chrono Cross, Tekken 1-3, and others. That's why I stopped to purchase Mega Memory Card or other card that it took more than regular memory card for any console.
WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 WitIsWisdom

Persona, I played it for almost 100 hours. My Mega Memory Card killed all of saved datas including Persona, Final Fantasy, Chrono Cross, Tekken 1-3, and others. That's why I stopped to purchase Mega Memory Card or other card that it took more than regular memory card for any console.DeafNYCPlayer

Wow, that sucks. Come to think of it, I never finished FF8 because I got a corrupted memory card late in the game.

Avatar image for Holyspirit-Xbox
Holyspirit-Xbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Holyspirit-Xbox
Member since 2013 • 271 Posts

[QUOTE="DeafNYCPlayer"]Persona, I played it for almost 100 hours. My Mega Memory Card killed all of saved datas including Persona, Final Fantasy, Chrono Cross, Tekken 1-3, and others. That's why I stopped to purchase Mega Memory Card or other card that it took more than regular memory card for any console.WitIsWisdom

Wow, that sucks. Come to think of it, I never finished FF8 because I got a corrupted memory card late in the game.

Funny, my PS1 memory card got one block corrupted, and when I put it in my PS2, I can see a blue block that has no memory space but says it's corrupted, and it won't let me delete it. So is that permanent or...?
Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

Oh there are so, so many. Here are a few noteworthy mentions:

- Lunar Silver Star Story (playing it again right now, but have never got past Gallion)

- Metal Gear Solid (got pretty far, but sadly stuff came up and I never picked it back up)

- Thunder Force V (I love this game, but it's hard as hell)

- Final Fantasy Anthology (FFVI to be more specific; many people consider it the best in the series, but I just couldn't get into it. Maybe I'll try again someday)

WeskerTeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 WeskerTeam
Member since 2010 • 1827 Posts

Dino Crisis and Resident Evil 3. I bought both of them on my PSN but I still haven't taken the time to beat them yet.

Hmmm... maybe I'll play one of them tonight.

kljohns2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kljohns2
Member since 2006 • 462 Posts

I never finished any of the Metal Gear Solid games, including the PSOne version. It is my secret shame. Don't judge me! I was once like you!Allicrombie

Please do yourself a favor and start playing them....NOW!! lol

Seriously tho like someone stated in another topic somewhere here, Hideo Kojima is the Tarantino of video games.

All the hype around the series is not hype...it's truth.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#14 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

Suikoden. It didn't really keep my interest, but back then I was not the JRPG freak I am today, so I'm actually going to order another copy and play the whole thing. I'll probably like it alot better now.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#15 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
Tomb Raider. It was in my first PlayStation when it got stolen. I was on the last level. Chrono Cross, because I ended up losing the save after the memory card died on me. That's all I can think of right now. I try to leave no game unfinished these days.
Avatar image for Change_MyShorts
Change_MyShorts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Change_MyShorts
Member since 2012 • 77 Posts

Monster Rancher.....my disc exploded

WeskerTeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 WeskerTeam
Member since 2010 • 1827 Posts

Suikoden 2 was another good one I never finished.

Kage1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Kage1
Member since 2003 • 6806 Posts

Too many games to list.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

Vagrant Story - I got stuck on one boss and didn't feel like backtracking to get the right weapon to beat it. One day I'm just gonna restart it since I did enjoy it.

Final Fantasy VIII - I stopped caring after disk 3 and so I saw the ending on youtube. And yeah I didn't like it.

That's it with the ones I own.

Valknut4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Valknut4
Member since 2012 • 403 Posts

Vagrant Story

Final Fantasy VIII

Seabas989

I had no idea people could actually beat Vagrant story. Such a neat unique game, an so unfogivably hard.

FF8 isnt worth anyones time.

Valknut4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Valknut4
Member since 2012 • 403 Posts

Vagrant Story

Final Fantasy VIII

Seabas989

I had no idea people could actually beat Vagrant story. Such a neat unique game, an so unfogivably hard.

yourmate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 yourmate
Member since 2010 • 165 Posts
Dont think I even completed one ps1 game lol that was back in the younger days for me. From what I remember, It would have been cool to finish spyro and crash bandicoot
BarbaricAvatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#23 BarbaricAvatar
Member since 2006 • 1000 Posts

I was far more of a completist in the PS1 days than i am now, but there were a few that slipped through the net.

Dino Crisis - Never really hooked me in the same way RE did and couldn't be bothered.

Formula 1 '97 - I never mastered the controls for it and was still playing GP2 on the PC.

Grand Theft Auto 1 + 2 - Doing what i wanted was preferable to following the story.

Micro Machines V3 - Got far too frustrating.

Mortal Kombat Trilogy - Fighting games were never my thing and i only ever had brief blasts on it.

R-Type Delta - Didn't have the patience.

Ridge Racer Type 4 - Didn't really like it and couldn't be bothered.

Silent Hill - Wasn't enough action for me.

Tony Hawks 2 - The frustration would always have me turning it off in a hurry.

-

All of these though would've been affected by whatever game i was obsessed with at the time.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#24 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

ODT or die trying. This playstation 1 game. I could never beat. I tried but the very last level it couldn't beat.

TheGamer1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TheGamer1988

lol you are not like me when it comes to that, never finishing any of the MGS games? That may be a criminal offence in some countries :D

TheGamer1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TheGamer1988

Tekken 1-3, and others.DeafNYCPlayer

Tekken 3 lol so you never got Gon and the doctor b? :)

Resident Evil 3.WeskerTeam

I just dug it out yesterday, and 5 hours later game finished, what a classic

Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#27 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

Tomb Raider.JustPlainLucas

This one for me, too. It was because I liked it in short doses. But in long doses it got boring. Then I got wrapped up in other long-term games like Resident Evil games, Metal Gear Solid, Syphon Filter, Final Fantasy IX, and others.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 JustPlainLucas

Monster Rancher.....my disc exploded

Change_MyShorts
Oh yeah, Driver was another one, because I snapped it in half.
JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 JustPlainLucas

Valknut4
Now, now. Let's not start that debate again.
Tenko72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 Tenko72
Member since 2003 • 662 Posts

There are a lot of games that I never got a chance to finish. Like Lunar Silver Story Complete, Blood Omen, Breath of Fire IV, FF VIII, FF IX, and many others. Currently playing BoF IV right now. 

DeafNYCPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DeafNYCPlayer
Member since 2004 • 2314 Posts

[QUOTE="DeafNYCPlayer"]Tekken 1-3, and others.TheGamer1988

Tekken 3 lol so you never got Gon and the doctor b? :)

Resident Evil 3.WeskerTeam

I just dug it out yesterday, and 5 hours later game finished, what a classic

I got both Gon and Dr B with my Mega Memory Card. I was not lucky that Mega Memory Card killed them.
logicalfrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 96

#32 logicalfrank
Member since 2011 • 1686 Posts

I have started Chrono Cross and Xenogears both multiple times and never wind up getting past about a dozen hours in. I like the genre and thought they were both good games but somehow I just always get distracted.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 rilpas
Member since 2012 • 8161 Posts
you're missing out on 1 and 3 feel free to skip 2 and 4
kljohns2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 kljohns2
Member since 2006 • 462 Posts

I have started Chrono Cross and Xenogears both multiple times and never wind up getting past about a dozen hours in. I like the genre and thought they were both good games but somehow I just always get distracted.

logicalfrank

I've actually never finished Chrono Cross either...but Xenogears is a definite MUST finish. As if my avatar doesn't say how I feel about that game :cool:

kittensRjerks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 kittensRjerks
Member since 2010 • 3802 Posts

Heart of Darkness comes to mind

Avatar image for deactivated-5eea5a5a83edd
deactivated-5eea5a5a83edd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#36 deactivated-5eea5a5a83edd
Member since 2011 • 348 Posts

Final Fantasy VII.  I love it but there is sooo much I hate about it. VII must be the hardest game in the series because the game starts off by being too easy, then it becomes Contra-difficult the rest of the game.  Also, it's my 4th attempt at trying to beat the game after I screwed up the first 3 times.  If there's any game to put you in a bad mood, it's Final Fantasy VII.

benleslie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 557

#37 benleslie5  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9174 Posts

Vagrant Story- Is it possible to beat the game? I loved the gameplay and design but its quite a hard game.

Resident Evil 3- Found it frustrating towards near the end and ran out of items quickly

Tomb Raider Last Revolution- Lost track of time on what to do

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#38 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

finalfantasy vii, to hard :(

Avatar image for deactivated-5eea5a5a83edd
deactivated-5eea5a5a83edd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#39 deactivated-5eea5a5a83edd
Member since 2011 • 348 Posts

finalfantasy vii, to hard :(

Sweenix
Yes. FFVII is Contra-difficult indeed.
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"]I never finished any of the Metal Gear Solid games, including the PSOne version. It is my secret shame. Don't judge me! I was once like you!rilpas
you're missing out on 1 and 3 feel free to skip 2 and 4

MGS 1 was a fantastic game with a killer story and great gameplay. However, that said, I remember being LONG AS HECK! So long that I never wanted to play through it a 2nd time. However I recently re-bought it, and it's on my list of games to play soon. But it's been YEARS.

LittleMac19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#41 LittleMac19
Member since 2009 • 1638 Posts
FF8 (made into Lunatic Pandora and couldn't beat boss so I got mad and quit) Rayman (Got the game in the late 90s and never quite finished it as a child, bought it again on PSN like a year ago and still can't finish it)
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#42 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
[QUOTE="benleslie5"]

Vagrant Story- Is it possible to beat the game? I loved the gameplay and design but its quite a hard game.

loved Vagrant Story.

TheGamer1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 TheGamer1988

MGS 1 was a fantastic game with a killer story and great gameplay. However, that said, I remember being LONG AS HECK! So long that I never wanted to play through it a 2nd time. However I recently re-bought it, and it's on my list of games to play soon. But it's been YEARS.Emerald_Warrior

What!? It's only like 5 hours long

hurriflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#44 hurriflash
Member since 2008 • 645 Posts

Vagrant story i hated fast, ff vii i managed to arrive to third disc but i was beated by arobot monster, driver (i think i will reprise)  managed to arrive in NEW York City where i had to face nasty black cars, gta not played a lot cause difficult to drive in maps, silent hill but i managed to arrive to boss Samael short of ammunitions :( i have to restart game someday, syphon filter i played a few levels 

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#45 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

[QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]MGS 1 was a fantastic game with a killer story and great gameplay. However, that said, I remember being LONG AS HECK! So long that I never wanted to play through it a 2nd time. However I recently re-bought it, and it's on my list of games to play soon. But it's been YEARS.TheGamer1988

What!? It's only like 5 hours long

Pretty sure it can be beaten in less than 3 hours.

TheGamer1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 TheGamer1988

GreySeal9

Yeah I think you're right, but I think it's about 5 or 6 if you watch all the cinematic scenes. Either way it's definitely not too long to play again, I mean wtf!?

Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Emerald_Warrior

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

TheGamer1988

Yeah I think you're right, but I think it's about 5 or 6 if you watch all the cinematic scenes. Either way it's definitely not too long to play again, I mean wtf!?

It was like 15 years ago. I remember it being much longer. Must mean I sucked at it.

ItsEvolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ItsEvolution
Member since 2008 • 2593 Posts

Rayman, Klonoa, Soul Reaver.

TheGamer1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 TheGamer1988

It was like 15 years ago. I remember it being much longer. Must mean I sucked at it.

Emerald_Warrior

lol yeah games were harder when we were younger, as our logic and reasoning skills were developing, but I can't believe you never re-played it with the stealth and bandana and you missed out on the tuxedo :D

Avatar image for TheWestCoastDon
TheWestCoastDon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#50 TheWestCoastDon
Member since 2006 • 387 Posts

Legend of Legaia, I loved it growing up but I got stuck at a certain part and then I lost my copy. I will go back and finish it one of these days.