PS+ Coming to Vita November 19th

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

PS Vita just got a lot more interesting. Looks like I got it just at the right time. With this and deals of half off for great PSP games like Valkyria Chronicles 2 and Persona 2, among others, there's never been a better time to get a PS Vita.

PS+ for Vita is going to be better than I thought it would be, with games like Uncharted: Golden Abyss, WipEout2048 and Gravity Rush being available for your instant game collection.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts
I'm really excited to get Golden Abyss for free. I never could justify the price for it based on the demo, but I always wanted to play it.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Bigboi500

I'm really excited to get Golden Abyss for free. I never could justify the price for it based on the demo, but I always wanted to play it.rragnaar
Same here. I was planning on buying it when it went down some, that and Gravity Rush. Now I just need to get a bigger memory card asap!

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 S0lidSnake
Member since 2002 • 29001 Posts

Golden Abyss is a great game. Aside from the poor shooting mechanics and some framerate issues during large battles, it's one hell of an adventure game.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

there's never been a better time to get a PS Vita.

Bigboi500

The way the handheld is failing I think it's fair to say that this holiday season might be the very worst time to get a Vita.

Abysmal sales and lackluster software support mean it'll see a price slash in the near future.

It looks like Sony is doing damage control to appease the current owners before they start to reduce it's price.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Bigboi500

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

there's never been a better time to get a PS Vita.

Jaysonguy

The way the handheld is failing I think it's fair to say that this holiday season might be the very worst time to get a Vita.

Abysmal sales and lackluster software support mean it'll see a price slash in the near future.

It looks like Sony is doing damage control to appease the current owners before they start to reduce it's price.

A price cut very well could be coming next year, but I still stand by what I said because you can get a Vita bundle for $250 and get a game and a 4GB memory card for free right now, and have access to a bunch of great Vita games with PS+.

If the PS+ deals and bundles generate enough interest, Vita sales could take off this holiday season.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#7 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

A price cut very well could be coming next year,Bigboi500

They actually confirmed as much last month.

Still, buying one now does give ya some good games for free via Plus. Wish I had the cash for one.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#8 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]A price cut very well could be coming next year,c_rake

They actually confirmed as much last month.

Still, buying one now does give ya some good games for free via Plus. Wish I had the cash for one.

been thinking about it actually.
Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
Do you have to pay again or does your PS3 PS+ account give you access?
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts
Do you have to pay again or does your PS3 PS+ account give you access?Black_Knight_00
The account is universal across the Vita and PS3. Mine has paid for itself many times over now.
c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#11 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

Do you have to pay again or does your PS3 PS+ account give you access?Black_Knight_00

You should already get access if you're already a subscriber.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#12 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
I guess my biggest problem is that the 3DS just seems more ....accessible?
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Bigboi500

I guess my biggest problem is that the 3DS just seems more ....accessible?Allicrombie
With the whole backwards compatibility of the DS, it is. It's also much more portable with the clam shell design. Until I get a protective case for the Vita I wouldn't dare try to shove it in one of my pockets and take it out the door because I'd be worried about scratching the screen.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
The account is universal across the Vita and PS3. Mine has paid for itself many times over now.rragnaar
You should already get access if you're already a subscriber.c_rake
Ah good, this is why I love Sony this generation
S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 S0lidSnake

I guess my biggest problem is that the 3DS just seems more ....accessible?Allicrombie

With the lack of an analog stick, archaic online and touch functionality and a cheap looking handheld, accessible and 3DS shouldnt even be mentioned in the same sentence*.

[spoiler] I am fully aware of the fact that I did just that. ;p [/spoiler]

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#16 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

Cool news. The shooting in the demo of Uncharted failed to impress me, but as a fan of the series who has heard good things about the rest of it, I'd been planning to pick it up at a discount down the line. Gravity Rush is excellent.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Bigboi500

You know, the only thing I'm disappointed with the Vita is about the mandatory touch screen focus. I don't like having to touch the screen so much because even with clean fingers, eventually the screen ends up all smudgy.

I don't know why things like checking the Vita store and trophies require using the touch screen, and from what I've seen about most of the games, they also require a bunch of touch controls.

How do you guys that have one clean your screen?

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#18 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

You know, the only thing I'm disappointed with the Vita is about the mandatory touch screen focus. I don't like having to touch the screen so much because even with clean fingers, eventually the screen ends up all smudgy.

I don't know why things like checking the Vita store and trophies require using the touch screen, and from what I've seen about most of the games, they also require a bunch of touch controls.

Bigboi500

I use the same screen cleaning solution and soft cloth I use to wipe the screen of my HDTVs.

CooperThief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19 CooperThief
Member since 2009 • 648 Posts

Bigboi500

Always have a cleaning cloth handy. When you're in the middle of a game, you won't really notice.

And I have a skin on my Vita, so most of the smudges are covered up.

http://www.gelaskins.com/store/gaming/PSVita/The_World

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 S0lidSnake

Wow all the games I would want on Vita (except LBP) is free. Maybe I should get one.dvader654

You think?

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 S0lidSnake

Cool news. The shooting in the demo of Uncharted failed to impress me, but as a fan of the series who has heard good things about the rest of it, I'd been planning to pick it up at a discount down the line. Gravity Rush is excellent.

CarnageHeart

Uncharted Golden Abyss is 70% platforming/puzzles and 30% shooting. And half of these shooting sections can be stealthed. Some of the latter shootings chapters do kinda suck but most of it is awesome.