Prototype 2 - Absolutely zero screen tearing (PS3 version)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dead_Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Dead_Panda
Member since 2010 • 38 Posts

The XBox 360 version is plagued with tons of screen tearing, but the PS3 is complete free from it.

You heard it here first. If you hate screen tearing like I do, it's safe to pick up this game for the PS3. Do not get it for the 360.

Thank you for your time.

Oil-Sauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Oil-Sauce
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Whats screen tearing?
nemesi609

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 nemesi609
Member since 2007 • 570 Posts

have it for 360, and i dont notice any graphical glitches of any kind. at least not offen and frequent enough to stand out in my memory. this is likely just a troll trying to pull attention

Dead_Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Dead_Panda

have it for 360, and i dont notice any graphical glitches of any kind. at least not offen and frequent enough to stand out in my memory. this is likely just a troll trying to pull attention

nemesi609

I'm not a troll actually. I read reports and saw youtube videos of the 360 version having loads of screen tearing and I own the PS3 version and it's has none at all. I'm just going by what I've witnessed with my own eyes.

Dead_Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Dead_Panda

XBox 360 gameplay. Watch when he actually starts to move Heller. It tears every other frame! Are you kidding me? That's the worst screen tearing I've seen in a while! The PS3 doesn't tear at all though, so it's all good for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9TfZ4jCg18

Chaoticon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Chaoticon
Member since 2004 • 194 Posts

You obviously don't know what tearing is, that video had none. All that video had was a beyond annoying douche bag talking nonstop.

nemesi609

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 nemesi609
Member since 2007 • 570 Posts

ha, your using videos from youtube as your evidence while telling me (who is actually playing the game) that your going by what you have witnessed with your own eys. ok you win troll sorry for making sense. wont do it again i promise.

Dead_Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Dead_Panda

ha, your using videos from youtube as your evidence while telling me (who is actually playing the game) that your going by what you have witnessed with your own eys. ok you win troll sorry for making sense. wont do it again i promise.

nemesi609
Okay fine. You win. I shall wait until Digital Foundry or Lens of Truth does a framerate analysis on this game. I'll be back to post the link proving that I was right all along. Have a nice day ass.
aireca_alfredo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 aireca_alfredo
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Framerate issues on any console games are because your console is overheating, if you dont do anything about it will die soon... ps3 or 360, doesn't matter

Dead_Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Dead_Panda

Framerate issues on any console games are because your console is overheating, if you dont do anything about it will die soon... ps3 or 360, doesn't matter

aireca_alfredo
You couldn't be more wrong. Framerate on consoles are completely up to the developer and whether they optimized the game engine to run smoothly on console hardware. It has nothing to do with over heating.
aireca_alfredo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 aireca_alfredo
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

continue with your fanboy wars, youre good to troll ;)

Dead_Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Dead_Panda

I said I'd be back when I had evidence. I was not trolling.

Here's the DF article: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-face-off-prototype-2

"The target frame rate is 30FPS - although jumping from a high point and gliding across the more central, heavily populated roads of New York City is a very easy way to drag that down to 25FPS on both HD consoles. It's not in equal measure at every point, but overall the PS3 does offer a noticeably smoother level of performance in like-for-like scenarios, such as cut-scenes and travel, and crucially manages to achieve this with v-sync permanently engaged.

On the other hand, although v-sync is thankfully engaged during in-game cut-scenes, torn frames appear in long clusters during gameplay on 360. This isn't restricted to the upper 10 per cent overscan area of most HDTVs either, but instead runs down its entire height and chops the screen in half for long spells of play, and can be particularly distracting. This at least keeps the game's refresh up to relatively playable speeds, but is far from ideal for the IQ purist, and the performance gains are rarely enough to match the smoother output on Sony's console."

Lorenzo9909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Lorenzo9909
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

Is there anyway of resolving this problem? Or is it just the hardware on the 360?