Prince of Persia get any better?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

webbut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 webbut
Member since 2005 • 2946 Posts

I just got the new prince of persia and i dont see why its been rated so high....its a 7.5 game at best. I didnt read any reviews for it because i borrowed it from a friend and when games are free theres no point to reading a review and i played for like 3 hours. The game was horribly boring made even wrost by all the things they added into it that would really work in other games.

The one fight at a time thing is really kool except for that so far the fights have been so easy plus the combat feels like one big quick time event where im not really doing anything except pressing a button and watching what happens.

The way the game saves you from death all the time is a little kool too but not for this game. When a game is already this easy there should be a pretty steep penalty for dying. If the game was like the Sands of time games where there was loads of hard enviermental puzzeles then having the no death policy would be really kool.

I really like being able to press the button to make them talk and collect the little light seeds or whatever they are called. The fights look really kool but arent much fun to play.

Well i say all of that so you know what i like and dislike about the game so far and you can tell me if i should keep playing the game expecting it to get better? The story is just meh so far but i really like the prince and the girl? Does the story and the devlopment of those two make the game better later on?

Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts
I can't say if it gets any better for you as I'm only about half-way through it. I'm having a blast with it. I don't really have a problem with this game, but I don't really nit-pick at it either. I haven't seen anything glaringly bad.
Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts
There are elements of the game that I like better than the SoT trilogy, and vice verse. However, I do love the new PoP. While it does give the game a more simplistic gameplay, it is still fun, and the artstyle...my god. :D
MartinCaillou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MartinCaillou
Member since 2009 • 84 Posts

I think the art direction in the new game of PoP is the best one yet, but i agree the game is a 7.5.

Sands of time is my favourite.

websterCC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 websterCC
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

POP:

Prince and Elika's back and forth dialog
Solid Platforming

Dislikes:
Combat system (i.e enemies who always step back and you can't jump at them)
Repetitive game play (unlock area climb a lot and fight boss, and repeat)
Lack of penalty for making mistakes

Overall, I had a great time with the game for a few hours, but I see no reason to go back and keep playing the same thing over and over again. If you like it great, but for me I need some more variety in a game.

Paladin_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 Paladin_King
Member since 2008 • 11832 Posts
As far as the combat goes, i do agree that the ringouts make it way too easy, but try and learn the combos. Through some aerial or magic attacks in to spruce things up. When you do, the combat becomes a lot more satisfying (though perhaps even easier). With regards to the no death penalty thing, I agree that it and the QTE before death make combat way too easy. Elika shouldn't be able to save you from death in combat. However, I'd like to know whether a "steep death penalty" would really increase your enjoyment of the game if you were sent a huge distance back for EVERY misplaced jump that you made. The life-saving in PoP SEEMS like it makes the game's platforming too easy, but really, i'm not sure if setting you all the way back after death would really be plausible: it would just make the game laden with frustration, particularly when you're hunting down light seeds. The saves make you a lot more confident and keep up the flow of the pace/platforming. In some ways, I wish Mirror's Edge had something similar, as the trial and error gameplay REALLY put a hit on that game. Basically, i understand that it makes the game seem easy, but i don't think that a "steep penalty" is a valid alternative.
TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#7 TriangleHard
Member since 2005 • 9097 Posts

From what I hear, the ending of new PoP game is not included with the game but will come in DLC.

To me, that alone says PoP deserves 0.0 grade. It's incomplete. In school, if I handed in incomplete essay, I would've gotten a big fat F. My teachers wouldn't hear the excuse, "I'll give you the conclusion tomorrow". Game developers shouldn't get an easy ride.

Paladin_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 Paladin_King
Member since 2008 • 11832 Posts

From what I hear, the ending of new PoP game is not included with the game but will come in DLC.

To me, that alone says PoP deserves 0.0 grade. It's incomplete. In school, if I handed in incomplete essay, I would've gotten a big fat F. My teachers wouldn't hear the excuse, "I'll give you the conclusion tomorrow". Game developers shouldn't get an easy ride.

TriangleHard
Really? The game had a pretty satisfactory ending in the version that I had....set up a sequel rather nicely. The ending is there and is perfectly fine. They're just calling the upcoming DLC the "epilogue dlc," because it continues the story a little bit more. You do get an ending in PoP, but i think the dlc is just like a mini sequel of sorts.
cooldude1888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#9 cooldude1888
Member since 2008 • 363 Posts

Prince of Persia used to be a 2D classic but since the new technology of games came out, Prince of Persia just

is'nt keeping up with the other games. The new Price of Persia came out but that does'nt stick out that well in

my opinion. To be honest Price of Percia is more or less finished for good now, it was up to fashion in the Gameboy

but now its just getting worse due to all the other great games coming out now. If they made a console just for 2d

games the Prince of Persia series would be fine but it does'nt fit in on the PS3 and other new consoles. It's actualy

a shame cause the old classics used to be good and fun but now... Prince of Persia is just getting worse. For the

future, prince of Persia does'nt look like making a comeback. It's a shame but is the truth for Prince of Persia.

Xeilia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Xeilia
Member since 2009 • 231 Posts
I haven't got it yet and I'm not planning to do so, I'm afraid. I saw the trailer, it seemed pretty repetitve to me. I still think the best POP so far was the first.
webbut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 webbut

Prince of Persia used to be a 2D classic but since the new technology of games came out, Prince of Persia just

is'nt keeping up with the other games. The new Price of Persia came out but that does'nt stick out that well in

my opinion. To be honest Price of Percia is more or less finished for good now, it was up to fashion in the Gameboy

but now its just getting worse due to all the other great games coming out now. If they made a console just for 2d

games the Prince of Persia series would be fine but it does'nt fit in on the PS3 and other new consoles. It's actualy

a shame cause the old classics used to be good and fun but now... Prince of Persia is just getting worse. For the

future, prince of Persia does'nt look like making a comeback. It's a shame but is the truth for Prince of Persia.

cooldude1888
Its not finished although the game wasnt that great it adds a lot of kool things that should be used later on in gamming the devs had great ideas they just need time to prefect them but i dont think they will since the game got such high marks. [QUOTE="Paladin_King"]As far as the combat goes, i do agree that the ringouts make it way too easy, but try and learn the combos. Through some aerial or magic attacks in to spruce things up. When you do, the combat becomes a lot more satisfying (though perhaps even easier). With regards to the no death penalty thing, I agree that it and the QTE before death make combat way too easy. Elika shouldn't be able to save you from death in combat. However, I'd like to know whether a "steep death penalty" would really increase your enjoyment of the game if you were sent a huge distance back for EVERY misplaced jump that you made. The life-saving in PoP SEEMS like it makes the game's platforming too easy, but really, i'm not sure if setting you all the way back after death would really be plausible: it would just make the game laden with frustration, particularly when you're hunting down light seeds. The saves make you a lot more confident and keep up the flow of the pace/platforming. In some ways, I wish Mirror's Edge had something similar, as the trial and error gameplay REALLY put a hit on that game. Basically, i understand that it makes the game seem easy, but i don't think that a "steep penalty" is a valid alternative.

Yeah i suppose your right plus if you have points where once u die you come back to would mess up the flow the game has....which is one of the things i really like about it. The whole game just flows theres no levels or anything like that you just keep moving. I was playing waitting for a point to stop so i could try call of duty for and the game just kept going no rest times and i dont remember any loading. Theres again lots of cool things about the game but no matter how u dress up ok gameplay with groovy pants and nice backgrounds its still just ok gameplay.
websterCC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 websterCC
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

I think it really all comes down to what you are looking for in a game. To stick with the aforementioned Mirror's Edge vs the new POP.

Since they are both platformers they are an easy to compare. Mirros Edge has a lot of death, and a lot of trial and error, it's all about making things absolutely perfect, landing that jump just right and making sure you carry your momentum into the next jump. It's a lot harder and more frustrating than Prince. However, in my opinion, with this extra challenge also comes more satisfying game play. When you land that perfect jump that you have been trying to land for 10 minutes it just feels good.

In Prince on the other hand there is a lot more margin for error. You can make a mistake and not be completely owned because of it. Elika will just grab and put you back on solid ground. While this make take you back a few seconds it won't be game shattering. There is also a lot more room to not be dead on in your platforming and the game will fix it for you.

If you are looking for that hardcore sense of accomplishment then a game like Mirror's edge will be able to deliver, but if you are looking to relax and just play, without a ton of frustration than go with Price. For me though, a harder more satisfying game is almost always more enjoyable, I love the sense of accomplishment.

ZZsharpshooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ZZsharpshooter
Member since 2009 • 322 Posts
We all have our opinions, it just so happens that mine is the right one. ^_^
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
I got through about half of it and switched it off, it was horrible. It was like playing Prince Of Persia: Fisher Price.
Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

TriangleHard

I thought the ending was very good....i just would have liked to have had the option to NOT do what the "prince" does at end. Still, very well handled. I have no idea what to expect from the DLC epilogue, though. I mean, I can see a full sequel, but the ending was pretty solid, and I can't see what you'd add onto it as an epilogue.

NuKkU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 NuKkU
Member since 2007 • 16904 Posts

i havent played it yet but when i do i will probably give it a 8 plus i will only rent it

webbut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 webbut
maybe its because i was expecting a core gaming experience as i do with most 360 games but this game is pretty laid back and casual and once i stop thinking about the Sands of time series this game feels really good
Top-A-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#18 Top-A-Gamer
Member since 2008 • 344 Posts
no the game dosent get any better. its so repetetive its like ubisoft can only make games that just do the same thing e.g assassins creed and Far Cry 2. the boss fights get harder but that just means pressing X 0 triangle and sqaure more
Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 Jbul
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts
[QUOTE="webbut"]

I just got the new prince of persia and i dont see why its been rated so high....its a 7.5 game at best. I didnt read any reviews for it because i borrowed it from a friend and when games are free theres no point to reading a review and i played for like 3 hours. The game was horribly boring made even wrost by all the things they added into it that would really work in other games.

The one fight at a time thing is really kool except for that so far the fights have been so easy plus the combat feels like one big quick time event where im not really doing anything except pressing a button and watching what happens.

The way the game saves you from death all the time is a little kool too but not for this game. When a game is already this easy there should be a pretty steep penalty for dying. If the game was like the Sands of time games where there was loads of hard enviermental puzzeles then having the no death policy would be really kool.

I really like being able to press the button to make them talk and collect the little light seeds or whatever they are called. The fights look really kool but arent much fun to play.

Well i say all of that so you know what i like and dislike about the game so far and you can tell me if i should keep playing the game expecting it to get better? The story is just meh so far but i really like the prince and the girl? Does the story and the devlopment of those two make the game better later on?

The game doesn't really get "any better", which therein lies one of the biggest flaws of the game; repetition, repetition, and more repetition. I loved the first hour and thought, "I wonder what else this game has in store?!", but alas, after an hour, you've seen ALL the game has to offer, just repeated over and over. The combat gets more tedious, the orbs get harder to find. And that's it. So no.
demonslayer936

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 demonslayer936
Member since 2007 • 67 Posts
Unfortunately, the gameplay doesn't get any more difficult or better as the game goes on. Its just more or less the same things over and over...But I did like the story, the characters, and the graphics of the game. Maybe the gameplay will be improved when/if a sequel is released.