Preorder bonus for LBP revealed by IGN (56K warning)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

Costumes for Kratos and Nariko, the God and Goddess of War. The other two bonuses are a stickerbook (?), a pouch (??) and a mini-strategy guide.

I wasn't going to preorder this (I normally just walk into the store and buy a game unless its the type of game for which midnight launch parties are held) but while these bonuses aren't a big deal, they're cool enough for me to make an exception.

EDIT: I've added images of the pouch and the stickerbook, both of which I found on the PSBlog.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/896/896679p1.html

http://blog.us.playstation.com/

LBP - Sticker book mock-up

LBP pouch

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 S0lidSnake
Member since 2002 • 29001 Posts
I thought Kartos looked cool, until I saw the Nariko costume.
Skylock00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Skylock00
Member since 2002 • 20069 Posts

I love the textural details in the costumes they've been showing, and these are no exception to that detail.

When I get a PS3 (which might be relatively soon...this month maybe), this is at the top of my list of anticipated games.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 CarnageHeart

I thought Kartos looked cool, until I saw the Nariko costume. S0lidSnake

SPOILER ALERT FOR HS

Yeah, considering what great characters Nariko and Kai were, I was surprised that Nariko wound up dead and Kai wound up alive, but cured of the insanity which made her so hilarious.

END SPOILER

Anyway, great costumes. It will be interesting to see what other costumes pop up (an Ico costume would be awesome).

al-128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 al-128
Member since 2005 • 304 Posts
This had better make it to Europe (Mark Valledor has so far avoided all questions relating to this or similar on his blog :(), Kratos looks so awesome! :)
Avatar image for alwayspureblood
alwayspureblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 alwayspureblood
Member since 2008 • 872 Posts
Haha, thats actually really cool.
princesszelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#7 princesszelda
Member since 2003 • 6869 Posts

Wow!!! I usually don't pre-order games when they offer downloadable content but this looks really cool. I'm loving the Kratos one! Hopefully they sell some sackboy plushies so I can put them with my collection of other video game plushies.

OneWingedAngeI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 OneWingedAngeI
Member since 2003 • 9448 Posts
kind of sucky. i wanted to buy this one online, oh well. i really hope this is not a lamestop exclusive. thatll really piss me off.
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts

kind of sucky. i wanted to buy this one online, oh well. i really hope this is not a lamestop exclusive. thatll really piss me off.OneWingedAngeI

It sounds like different items will be available with different retailers. I wouldn't be surprised if Amazon.com gets some sort of preorder bonus as well. I've got a Liberty City license plate that I got from Amazon with my GTA4 purchase.

BladesOfAthena

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BladesOfAthena
Member since 2008 • 3938 Posts

I like how they chose both Kratos and Nariko for the costumes. They complement each other very well.

I wonder how it works though. Is there some key combination code inside the preorder cases you can use to activate the costumes or something?

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rragnaar

I like how they chose both Kratos and Nariko for the costumes. They complement each other very well.

I wonder how it works though. Is there some key combination code inside the preorder cases you can use to activate the costumes or something?

BladesOfAthena

I believe they are actual sackboy/girl dolls that come with the game, not an in game costume.

BladesOfAthena

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BladesOfAthena
[QUOTE="BladesOfAthena"]

rragnaar

I believe they are actual sackboy/girl dolls that come with the game, not an in game costume.

But its mentioned that they're downloadables.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 rragnaar
[QUOTE="rragnaar"][QUOTE="BladesOfAthena"]

BladesOfAthena

Oops, my mistake. Yeah, I guess it is a code then. I'm hoping we can get some Sackboy plushy things at some point. I've seen fake ones, but I want the real deal.

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
Cool skins fo sho.
BladesOfAthena

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BladesOfAthena
[QUOTE="BladesOfAthena"][QUOTE="rragnaar"][QUOTE="BladesOfAthena"]

rragnaar

Oops, my mistake. Yeah, I guess it is a code then. I'm hoping we can get some Sackboy plushy things at some point. I've seen fake ones, but I want the real deal.

Yeah that would be really cool, as long as they're reasonably priced. If that's the case, then I might have to buy a PS3 real soon. I'm a sucker for pre-order bonuses and this one's no exception. Also, I hope the costumes have their own little signature animations as well. Imagine Kratos sackboy using his blades to latch onto a platform right as he hops. That would rock.

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
[QUOTE="BladesOfAthena"][QUOTE="rragnaar"][QUOTE="BladesOfAthena"]

rragnaar

Are you saying you want a teddy bear? Awww... :D
CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 CarnageHeart
First post has been updates with images of the other preorder bonuses.
BladesOfAthena

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BladesOfAthena
LOL @ the stickerbook.:lol: Makes me feel like a little kid again.
S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 S0lidSnake
I'll be making an Old Snake skin..... I dont care if that takes me hours, but it will be a work of art. I DARE all of you to beat mine!!!
eregol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 eregol
Member since 2006 • 416 Posts

I love the textural details in the costumes they've been showing, and these are no exception to that detail.

When I get a PS3 (which might be relatively soon...this month maybe), this is at the top of my list of anticipated games.

Skylock00

I hope the UK gets these bonuses too.

That Kratos costume looks awesome. I also hope the Killzone costumes come with it too.

Avatar image for TheLegendKnight
TheLegendKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TheLegendKnight
Member since 2007 • 1853 Posts

I'll be making an Old Snake skin..... I dont care if that takes me hours, but it will be a work of art. I DARE all of you to beat mine!!!S0lidSnake

did you check these pics, they look cool :lol:

1 and 2

Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts

Have you guys all read this Edge preview?

From these relatively simple components the team has already made RPGs, complex platformers with numerous stages and hub worlds, and puzzle games like Tetris. It's even made a version of OutRun, which simulates the changing road ahead by moving about a set of painted strips of wood on hinges.

I keep telling people this game isn't a platformer! :P

OneWingedAngeI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 OneWingedAngeI
Member since 2003 • 9448 Posts
id like to see some video of that stuff. outrun on lbp? whaaa?
CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 CarnageHeart

Have you guys all read this Edge preview?

From these relatively simple components the team has already made RPGs, complex platformers with numerous stages and hub worlds, and puzzle games like Tetris. It's even made a version of OutRun, which simulates the changing road ahead by moving about a set of painted strips of wood on hinges

Teufelhuhn

The ability to make even a really rudimentary action rpg could be pretty cool. When I first heard about LBP I started collecting odd images and sketching out levels, but since I seem to learn something new about the engine with each preview, nowadays I content myself with collecting images.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 S0lidSnake

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]I'll be making an Old Snake skin..... I dont care if that takes me hours, but it will be a work of art. I DARE all of you to beat mine!!!TheLegendKnight

did you check these pics, they look cool :lol:

1 and 2

ahh ****!

the first one looks cool, but I can definitely do better.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 S0lidSnake

Teufelhuhn

wow. I always wondered if we could make a racing level. I didnt think a 2D side scroller racing game would work because since it's in 2D, the cars wouldnt be able to pass each other, in a two car race, one car would always be behind.

Skylock00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 Skylock00
Member since 2002 • 20069 Posts

wow. I always wondered if we could make a racing level. I didnt think a 2D side scroller racing game would work because since it's in 2D, the cars wouldnt be able to pass each other, in a two car race, one car would always be behind.

S0lidSnake

Simple:

Make two floors, each with it's own car. Maybe allow the two floors to switch back and forth in some way, but this allows the two cars to be able to move, with one being the leader, but allowing either to take lead easily without having to push the leader car out of the way.

Think of it as a vertical form of Slot Car Racing.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 CarnageHeart
[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

Skylock00

Simple:

Make two floors, each with it's own car. Maybe allow the two floors to switch back and forth in some way, but this allows the two cars to be able to move, with one being the leader, but allowing either to take lead easily without having to push the leader car out of the way.

LBP levels are dual level (there is a foreground and a background one can hop into and out of). I saw a level on an Xplay demo of LBP which aired on Monday which had two chariots racing, one on a track in the foreground, one on a track in the background.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 S0lidSnake
[QUOTE="Skylock00"][QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

CarnageHeart

Simple:

LBP levels are dual level (there is a foreground and a background one can hop into and out of). I saw a level on an Xplay demo of LBP which aired on Monday which had two chariots racing, one on a track in the foreground, one on a track in the background.

link please. I've spent the past hour checking out LBP trailers, this game has more trailers than all of MGS games combined.*

*obvious exaggeration.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 CarnageHeart
[QUOTE="CarnageHeart"][QUOTE="Skylock00"][QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

S0lidSnake

Simple:

link please. I've spent the past hour checking out LBP trailers, this game has more trailers than all of MGS games combined.*

*obvious exaggeration.

Here you go. Its a short video, but the bit I'm talking about is at the 1:09 mark.

http://www.g4tv.com/xplay/previews/27575/LittleBigPlanet_Preview.html

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 S0lidSnake
[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"][QUOTE="CarnageHeart"][QUOTE="Skylock00"][QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

CarnageHeart

Simple:

*obvious exaggeration.

Here you go. Its a short video, but the bit I'm talking about is at the 1:09 mark.

http://www.g4tv.com/xplay/previews/27575/LittleBigPlanet_Preview.html

Thanks man, That looked great!!

Whats more impressive is how fast the game looks during the racing levels. The TGS demo had this skateboard rolling down the level and man it moved fast!

Foolio1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#32 Foolio1
Member since 2003 • 7467 Posts

I have some delicious info: