RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

Nah dood! This isn't console centric. It's just the new Anthem, Mass Effect: Andromeda, 3D Sonic garbage, Doom 3. Accept what it is with some dignity!

Death Stranding is basically a big budget remake of Paperboy (a terrible game itself). The lowering review scores seem justified. Maybe not a 5 or 4 overall but I think 6/ 7 seems solid for what the game is, presentation is the only thing hitting Death Stranding with any substantial appeal. And that itself will dwindle overtime.

While I respect Kojima and his team for what they've done in the past (some amazing boss battles). I think his ideas have been a huge slope in quality over time (minus P.T.). His last Metal Gear Solid game (while questionably unfinished) was pretty mediocre itself. Ditching a lot of core interests for the sake of jumping to the already bloated open world trend. And Death Stranding takes this further while ditching even more of the appealing gameplay. . .

I've had a PS4 since launch so feel my opinion comes from general concern. However Microsoft fans/ or Nintendo loyalists have nothing to be salty about with this odd title, or feel they should even care for a port.

Majority of Kojima games are amazing in my view (MGS, MGS2, ZotE2, MGS3, MGS4, MGS:PW, P.T.) Would even state multiplatform port justified. They're amazing games.

But I'm not going to defend bad/ mediocre games. Plenty of people already do that around here.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56088 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

This could have been good SW material.

I see you made that into your sig, well played Cup ;)

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56088 Posts

@RSM-HQ: You know, I always wanted to be a UPS delivery boy, so Death Stranding fits right in my alley. UPS Simulator :P

But however, I am looking forward to playing Death Stranding.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RSM-HQ

@davillain- said:

@RSM-HQ: You know, I always wanted to be a UPS delivery boy, so Death Stranding fits right in my alley. UPS Simulator :P

But however, I am looking forward to playing Death Stranding.

Very apparent that it's a hard pass for me (better luck next time Kojima-sama). I can always deliver eggs in Monster Hunter World: Iceborne and still be playing an amazing game.

Though glad this didn't appeal to me, it's a weight off my shoulders.

Playing some older titles, nearly beat Dishonored 2 which is just amazing (P.C.) My next new game 100% is Pokémon Shield. Though the controversy of porting over backlog monsters has been off-putting.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1678 Posts

@RSM-HQ: Paperboy was the shit! You best be takin' that back.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RSM-HQ
@heathen75 said:

@RSM-HQ: Paperboy was the shit! You best be takin' that back.

This is Games Discussion so I'm always willing to read another side of the coin. Yet, hmm. . sure that's not nostalgia remembering it fonder than it is? Personally all I did was find Paperboy clunky, repetitive, and annoying.

And for clarity first childhood game I played isn't good and have expressed such many times (Kirby 3), basically plays itself.

Plenty of people look at games from long ago fondly. And while I'm someone who really likes a lot of great retro games, Paperboy joins such forgettables as- Ecco the Dolphin, Pitfall, Q*bert, and Ultima VII.

It's bad.

Before someone uses the "good for its time" argument; see such examples as- Tetris, D00M, Galaga, Baburu Boburu and Pac-Man. All designed around being 'fun'. Could name plenty more old games worth dying on a hill in debate for.

Paperboy is not one of those games in my view. It had a premise, with ill-thought-out/ unpolished gameplay. Similar to Death Stranding, with just the polish added I suppose.

New coat of paint changes nothing. Though again willing to read a counter argument from your perspective.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By HEATHEN75

@RSM-HQ: Damn man. You take all this just a little too seriously. Yeah it's totally my childhood goggles kicking in though. Used to mash the hell out of Paperboy at my local Chuck E Cheese. I did play the game a few years back at the $5 arcade. I still had lots of fun and I still sucked at it.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RSM-HQ

@heathen75: I didn't mean to be aggressive, or to put you on the spot regarding the mentioned game. Am just passionate about discussing games. Namely come to gaming forums for conversations regarding games, express my views and expect the same as well. Somewhat back and forth. It's a tad different here to 4Gamer and GFAQ so is difficult to gauge the tone.

English is my second language so at times it's difficult to click with a given joke. On above reply the meme/picture you added didn't initially load for me, though now I see it was an act of humor.

Apologies and thanks for giving your perspective. No quarrel 〜(꒪꒳꒪)〜

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#11 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

If you want a conspiracy, there was a second negative review at 45% when the reviews launched on metacritic areound 3AM EST, and now it's gone.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By HEATHEN75

@RSM-HQ: No worries. I've seen you on here plenty and you're always a good enough guy. I'm just here to kill time at work and maybe pick up a little knowledge on the way. Just know that 90% of my posts are talking out my ass and meant as tongue in cheek.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RSM-HQ

@heathen75: Same, I tend to post when on a break, killing time on the train, or when I cannot sleep.

And not to worry, it's always good to have people with a good sense of humor.