Lembu90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 Lembu90
Member since 2015 • 665 Posts

By the time I write this Code Vein already a proven disappointment while Ghost Recon Breakpoint is a crap, be it with microtransactions or not. I'm afraid we might got more craps after this such as..

1. Death Stranding: No important information released to the public yet and the game itself looks like polished version of Metal Gear Survive. Expect tons of microtransactions.

2. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order: A cheaper version of God of War 3. Looks and plays unimpressive at best.

3. Marvel's Avengers(Square-Enix): A generic beat-em up with gimmicky QTEs. Having Kamala Khan as central character already turned people off.

4. Final Fantasy VII Remake: Eliminating the turn-based battle of the classic for the favor of real-time hack-and-slash one. Episodic content and likely to be milked for DLCs.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#2 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts
@lembu90 said:

4. Final Fantasy VII Remake: Eliminating the turn-based battle of the classic for the favor of real-time hack-and-slash one. Episodic content and likely to be milked for DLCs.

I'm sure I read somewhere recently that their will be an option for turn-based combat?

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7181 Posts

I worry about the FF 7 remake don't like the episodic releases.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11655 Posts

Code Vein was never a good thing, we've had public demos for two years. Showing us how mediocre it is. It's from a developer that rips-off Monster Hunter poorly, and now tried ripping off Dark Souls. What did people really expect?

I agree with a lot of these. They all have a change to be stinkers. Although from what I've listened and read everyone who has played Final Fantasy VII has been very positive with the gameplay. It's one of the games well received features. Episodic however, is what will make or break that game.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Death Stranding is the correct answer.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3448 Posts

Final Fantasy 7 Remake: Game looks stunning and impressive indeed. However, knowing what Square-Enix has done with previous Final Fantasy titles, FF7R might turn out to be shit just like FF15. As mentioned what @lembu90 said:

Episodic content and likely to be milked for DLCs.

Let's not forget it's Square-Enix producing this, not Squaresoft that was the golden era of Final Fantasy. Square-Enix as a name, a brand, a company producing this remake is a curse for the Final Fantasy franchise! Square-Enix screwed up Final Fantasy 13, 14 (at the beginning) and 15. It's possible they're going to do the quadruple and f**k up the remake.

Give us back Squaresoft when they made quality Final Fantasy games.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22368 Posts

@warmblur said:

Death Stranding is the correct answer.

Lembu90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 Lembu90
Member since 2015 • 665 Posts

@speeny: Yes, there is an optional "turn-based mode" which actually just a real-time with pause feature. The game freezes and ask you to order your characters to attack their target and then he or she will attack until run of of their move and ask you to give another order. In other words in just a dumb down version of first Ni No Kuni game. It's cosmetic at best and most people will forget this feature exists few hours into the game as they prefer real-time hack-and-slash combat with direct control.

If you like the combat of FFXV and you'll be right at home in FFVIIIR but if you prefer the turn-based combat of the 1997 classic like myself, you probably don't.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

smh

Just bad assessment overall

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

death stranding

Shantmaster_K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#11 Shantmaster_K
Member since 2008 • 1790 Posts

I've heard differently on Jedi: Fallen Order. I heard it plays pretty well.

Avengers looks meh.

lucidique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 150

#12 lucidique
Member since 2003 • 791 Posts

@lembu90 said:

By the time I write this Code Vein already a proven disappointment while Ghost Recon Breakpoint is a crap, be it with microtransactions or not. I'm afraid we might got more craps after this such as..

1. Death Stranding: No important information released to the public yet and the game itself looks like polished version of Metal Gear Survive. Expect tons of microtransactions.

2. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order: A cheaper version of God of War 3. Looks and plays unimpressive at best.

3. Marvel's Avengers(Square-Enix): A generic beat-em up with gimmicky QTEs. Having Kamala Khan as central character already turned people off.

Aside from Code Vein, the other 4 games mentioned are developed by teams that have really good track records.

I'm optimistic about Death Stranding, as all Kojima games I have played so far I have greatly enjoyed.

Fallen Order is a Respawn gig, so I'm hoping for the same level of fluidity as the Titanfall games. Not a huge Star Wars fan, but it's looking good.

Avengers I'm not too hot about, but it's Crystal Dynamics, so we'll see.

Aside from the episodic nature of the FF7 remake, everything shown so far makes the game look nice and polished.

If these are the potential disappointment for the next year, it seems like end 2019 / early 2020 will be a great period for gaming in general.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7181 Posts

I can't see watchdogs 3 being a bit of a let down it seems Ubisoft games have all slowed down in terms of sales.