Poll: What kind of AAA exclusive game would you like to see from Sony next?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

j2zon2591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Poll: What kind of AAA exclusive game would you like to see from Sony next? (16 votes)

Another Souls-esque (Bloodborne/GoW 2018) 6%
Their take on Dragon Age (fantasy, party based, lots of banter) 13%
Their take on Mass Effect (sci-fi, party based, lots of banter) 19%
RTS 13%
MOBA 0%
SIMS 0%
Anime game (something much different than Gravity Rush) 13%
Anime game (more similar to Gravity Rush) 0%
more Monster Hunter-esque less Souls-esque 0%
Others: please specify 50%

Doesn't have to be from first party studios.

Sony AAA Exclusive References you might want to check out:

Infamous: Second Son

Killzone: Shadow Fall

Bloodborne

Uncharted 4

Horizon Zero Dawn

God of War 2018

Gravity Rush 2

Bonus Question: ..and which studio should Sony should fund for it?

• 
RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11664 Posts

Another Souls-esque (Bloodborne/GoW 2018)

. . .

God of War is nothing like Souls, I would state outside of a shield parry and dungeon level design the new GoW has nothing in common with any Soulborne game. Let this 'it's just like Dark Souls' meme die please.

Anime game (something much different than Gravity Rush)

You mean all you notice is an artstyle? You know "Anime game" isn't a genre, what you are noticing is an art direction. . You will find Gravity Rush was a physics based Action/ Platformer.

more Monster Hunter-esque less Souls-esque

Interesting fact, Miyazaki Hidetaka san has stated in quite a few interviews Demon and Dark Souls combat is heavily inspired by Monster Hunter. So MH is a closer reflection than GoW.

Didn't intend to rip apart your thread. This thread itself was a good idea, but can't help correct the odd things mentioned in the poll.

I picked "Others" because I would be interested in something original. It's why I enjoyed Gravity Rush, Tearaway, Little Big Planet (despite them all being Action Platformers with heavy use on physics), they're all interesting and different exclusives.

Would be cool if it came in the form of a Survival Horror game focused around interesting mechanics. The last Siren was a generation ago, that's the developer that would later work on the Gravity Daze games for those that didn't already know.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

Open world FPS RPG either in space

Lembu90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 Lembu90
Member since 2015 • 665 Posts

I would love to see more jrpgs available outside Japan.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Until Dawn 2

AMark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 AMark
Member since 2018 • 17 Posts

A game inspired by some cool mythology. I'd really like to see someone play with Hinduism or Tibetan Buddhism for example.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@RSM-HQ: beat me to it, first thing I wanted to say to OP is GOW is nothing like any Souls game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#8 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

I want a sci-fi game! But don't give me a child to babysit, if you absolutely need to have a companion give a cool robot!

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

@amark said:

A game inspired by some cool mythology. I'd really like to see someone play with Hinduism or Tibetan Buddhism for example.

honestly that would be awesome its a greatway to teach culture, however i would like hinduism/myan/voodoo due to the more violent nature, of them.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

I'd like to see a new rts IP, possibly along similar lines to the Pikmin series from Nintendo. Or even just an X-Com-esque turned based strategy. It would be cool to see a strategy game that actually utilises the controller's touch pad for cursor control.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11664 Posts

@thehig1:

beat me to it, first thing I wanted to say to OP is GOW is nothing like any Souls game.

Agreed. Those who make these weird statements tend to play neither. And based on the OP I don't think Monster Hunter is a franchise of interest either.

It's better for Users to stick with what they know, and if they want to chat about other genres/ games? at least research on the subject some to be better equipped for conversation with those that do.

I don't exactly enjoy correcting Users like that, but it's as silly a comment as me stating Grand Theft Auto is the best Tetris clone developed by Bioware.

And to be honest after a Survival Horror thread featuring the infamous @tryIt (who likes to rant about games he's ignorant on) I'm starting to think more and more here never play the games they bring into conversation.

Todddow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By Todddow
Member since 2017 • 916 Posts

Their take on an open world Dragon Age or Elder Scrolls type game.

I'm enjoying Dad of War for the most part, but Dad of Puzzles would be an even better description. I'm not a fan of the linear progression and narrow corridors leading to small areas either. About the only open world part is the Lake.