Pokemon Sun and Moon confirmed by Nintendo

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LvlUpJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By LvlUpJames
Member since 2016 • 23 Posts

Nintendo confirmed the release of Pokemon Sun and Moon today in their Pokemon Direct, which broadcast at 3pm GMT.

The release is scheduled for “Holiday 2016” which doesn’t give us much details, but it is set for this year and that’s all we need to be sure of for now.

The two games will be released on Nintendo’s 3DS handheld console. With previous games Pokemon X, Y, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, 7 languages where available, English, Italian, Spanish, Korean, French, German and Japanese.

Pokemon Sun and Moon will be available in 2 more languages, both simple and traditional Chinese have been added to allow for even more people around the world to enjoy the game.

But that’s not all…

Nintendo also announced that you will be able to purchase the original games Pokemon Red, Blue and Pokemon yellow: Special Pikachu version from the Nintendo eShop when they become available tomorrow. Once you have the digital versions of the games, you will be able to carry on over your favourite Pokemon originals to the new Pokemon Sun and Moon games. It was not previously possible to do this before due to hardware limitations.

No further details were mentioned during the Nintendo Direct, but you can guarantee details to be revealed closer to the release of the new games.

Are you excited for the new Pokemon games? What new features would you like to see in the new games?

For more Gaming news and reviews please check out: lvlupsite.wordpress.com

or alternatively

lvlupgaming.blogspot.co.uk

EvanTheGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1 EvanTheGamer
Member since 2009 • 1550 Posts

So if you can transfer pokemon from the Red/Blue/Yellow eShop versions to the PokeBank, will they randomly gain Natures and IVs?

Anyway I just hope they fix the slowdown while using 3D during a battle.

LvlUpJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 LvlUpJames

@EvanTheGamer: Unfortunately as of now I don't know the answer to your question, Nintendo didn't release too much information, they just said that it'd be possible but that's good news in itself :) And hopefully they will have sorted out the 3D issues for the new game :)

Big_Red_Button

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Big_Red_Button
Member since 2005 • 6094 Posts

Oh boy, another yearly installment that doesn't change much! People hate it when Call of Duty and Assassins Creed do it, but, all at once class...

IT'S OKAY WHEN NINTENDO DOES IT!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56214 Posts

I'm very excited to see a brand new Pokemon game is coming out this year despite I saw the leaks earlier before the announcements. TBH, I wish Sun/Moom would have been on Nintendo console such as the upcoming NX and that would have been everyone's dream come true but hey, more 3DS support the better.

I don't know what versions to get, I need to see which of the legendary Pokemon will look cool, badass, and what Pokemon will be on that version.

I was plaining to buy Pokemon Red/Yellow for my 3DS anyways and since they didn't bother to fix most of the glitches such as the infinite item glitch, I'll be maxing out those Rare Candies like I did back in the old days of the original Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow :P

LvlUpJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LvlUpJames

@Big_Red_Button: I kind of agree with you, It'd be cool if it was majorly rebooted and didn't play the same as it always has. Or for game freak and Nintendo to introduce a new IP... But I guess it's big news mainly because the game celebrates its 20th anniversary this week and of course because of nerd leaks finding the leaked information yesterday...That being said, Pokemon obviously has a formula that sells and at the end of the day Nintendo is a company that makes money

LvlUpJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LvlUpJames

@davillain-: I also caught the leak last night and wrote about it in my blog, so ai would have been shocked if they didn't announce a new game. I guess for myself I would just hope that there is enough new features to seperate it from previous games, like I wouldn't want the only new thing about the game to be just the new generation of Pokemon. I think that because Nintendo are wing tight lipped about the NX it'll be a little while till we hear confirmed titles. I do really like the fact that they have decided to sell the original games on the eShop though, not just for being able to use original Pokemon in Sun and Moon but for younger people to experience the game I played as a child without having to hope they can dig out an old game boy from somewhere

Avatar image for TrappedInABox91
TrappedInABox91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By TrappedInABox91
Member since 2013 • 1483 Posts

@Big_Red_Button: The last one came out early 2013. Showing your ignorant self there, buddy.

LvlUpJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LvlUpJames

@TrappedInABox91: I'm just wondering who this is aimed at

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56214 Posts

@Big_Red_Button said:

Oh boy, another yearly installment that doesn't change much! People hate it when Call of Duty and Assassins Creed do it, but, all at once class...

IT'S OKAY WHEN NINTENDO DOES IT!

Ummm excuse me Mr. Big_Red_Button but Pokemon X/Y came out in October 2013. Pokemon doesn't get an annual release dates like CoD, Assassin's Creed, or Battlefield for that matter. Games like Pokemon doesn't, it's been 2 years since we even had a proper Pokemon release and this one is a handheld, not your typical console release whore. Do some research next time please.

@lvlupjames said:

@TrappedInABox91: I'm just wondering who this is aimed at

Just Big_Red_Button, not you is what trapinabox91 was aiming for.

Employee427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Employee427
Member since 2016 • 489 Posts

Sadly, I have no interest in this for once. Pokemon is a dead franchise and I'm sick of sinking my money into the same bland rehash.