Please...all girl gamers respond

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BreeBerry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BreeBerry
Member since 2004 • 80 Posts

I am an avid player of video games. I have been a fan since the Sega Genesis (oh how I loved Streets of Rage), I have a Wii, a DS Lite, I just recently built a desktop computer and I have a laptop, I love strategy games like Age of Empires and Civilization and simulations like the Sims. I'm currently majoring in Computer Engineering Technology with a minor in English. I wanted to get all of my background information out of the way because I am asking for your help. I'm writing a research paper for my English ****about girls in the video gaming community. I would appreciate it if I could hear from some of my fellow girl gamers on the state of the industry as it relates to girls or possibly some of the gender issues that you feel are present. All input would be greatly appreciated and I plan to use this topic as a reference in my paper. Do you feel like there are stereotypes set in place when it comes to girl gamers? Would you say that girl gamers do not receive the proper amount of respect as a hard core player of video games. If so do you feel like this thinking is justifiable.

Once again, any input you have on the matter is greatly appreciated. What are your thoughts about Girls and Video Games. To the girl gamers, what types of games are you typically interested in? How often do you play? How did you become interested in video games? What would you say are some of your major issues with the video game community?

Thanks in advance for any input offered.

gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#2 gamingqueen
Member since 2004 • 31076 Posts

Hi there! My input might be boring but as a girl gamer who have never experienced online gaming I didn't get my share of OMG A girl on inetrrwebZZ! kinda thing... Even in reality, alot of people know that I play games for a hobby and they don't find it weird nor masculin. My favourite genre is Action/Adventure and my favourite game is metal gear solid.

Avatar image for Dark_Assassin10
Dark_Assassin10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Dark_Assassin10
Member since 2008 • 75 Posts
I have a PS2 and PS3 and a GameBoy SP. The only games Ive ever loved to play are horror, shooting, and action games. I play Resistance online and My favorite games are Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, and Fatal Frame. Mainly just horror games lol
Avatar image for Dark_Assassin10
Dark_Assassin10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Dark_Assassin10
Member since 2008 • 75 Posts
I dont think I have seen anything of being sexist about games yet..but I know there have been things said. Kinda sucks cuzz I dont see whats so bad about girls playing awesome video games.
BreeBerry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BreeBerry
Thanks for the input
BreeBerry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BreeBerry

any more responses would be well appreciated.

Women of the gaming community, what kind of games do you like to play?